Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
methatgirl

Taking accutane to get rid of blackheads.

Day 82

So I don't know whats going on with my skin anymore.

It's somewhat clear, except I have two bumpish cysts on my forehead (one from Wed). They have both dried up but still are pretty visible.

I'm also breaking out with little whiteheads on my lower cheeks and have a few semi-dried up whiteheads on my right cheek.

All is coverable with makeup but they are making me mad anyways. lol.

Ugh. When is is gonna be clear-town?

Day 83

Crap, ran out of Accutane today. I have to run to the pharmacy and get my new supply. So freakin expensive! Like, 70something dollarrrss! Geesh.

Anyways. So my skin today is ok. Once again, my skin has mostly scarring and minor blackheads/whiteheads...when I wear makeup, my skin is practically flawless. I don't feel self-conscious anymore. I still have DRY ASS flaky skin and my lips are always swollen, peeling and in pain because of the lack of moisture.

So ya. I'm really happy:)

On another note, ladies, bring your butts down to Sephora and get yo-self the Sephora Double Compact Mineral makeup powder. AMAZING! LOVE IT!!! It even has SPF 10 (i think...)

Day 84

My skin is DEFINITELY clearing up.

I'm so happy.

Honestly, I thought I would be one of those special cases where my acne wouldn't go away, it would just kinda "calm down" because I was still getting cysts and whiteheads and random little pimples on my face those last couple of weeks.

My face is definitely not clear, but it definitely looks smoother and has less blemishes and pimples. And I can just tell that in the next few weeks, it will clear up and look great! I don't even have much hyper-pigmentation at all. I AM tanned as hell but my skin looks very good.

I do still have scabbed up flaky pimples and some random little bumps but nothing umanageable. I don't feel as umcomfortable walking around without makeup around my house now!

Thank you Accutane!!:):)

(And God! lol)

Edited by methatgirl

On a side note, I'm wearing the most tight skirt and shirt ever.

Yup, for work. No shame!

I don't even CARE. lol.

And now I don't even feel self-conscious about my skin (thank you God for makeup)

MY reasoning is that I'm only 23, when I'm at an age where it looks wrong, I'll stop but right now, I'm working it!

lol.

Day 85

I'm really liking my skin right now. It's not "perfect" (YET) but the blemishes are dying down! I have two dark spots on my forehead from those two cysts I had last week but other than that, its pretty much clear except random blemishes here and there! I'm so happy and I can't stop looking at my skin (when I have makeup on)

On another note, the side-effects are really bugging me.

My back hurts all the time. Today was the first morning where I didn't feel all sluggish when running.

Also, my lips are SO dry and cracking and I can barely smile at people. My skin is also really super sensitive so I get those random scratched on my body that I'm like Umm.where did this come from? It's random!!

So ya..its bugging me...

Anyways. Can't wait till my skin it REALLY clear.

I love how I can wear tons of makeup and my face doesn't look all oily and gross. It looks great.

ON A SIDE NOTE

Facial hair! Girls, how the HELL do you take care that?! (wow sounds wrong)

Like for me, my peach fuzz is significantly darker. Usually I just get my upper lip laser hair removed (cuz I'm obsessive about it) and I get my eyebrows threaded..but I can't now because of the medication. If I even pinch my skin, I get cuts and flakes everywhere.

What do I do? Even the removal cream is too harsh for my sensitive skin..*cries*

Day 86

My skin is looking better and better:)

I'm so happpyyyy:)

In the sun, my skin isn't as bumpy anymore.

I'm ALWAYS tired though:S

Ok well just a short update.

Oh I forgot to add;

I have TERRIBLE night vision.

Two nights ago, I was driving and seriously, I couldn't see anything.

I was driving 40km/hour on a 80km/hour road with my highbeams on! And I was going so slow. I didn't even CARE about other drivers honking and riding me on the road.

Safety first!

Day 88 (I actually counted the days...I made a mistake...sorry!)

So I broke out a little.

a few blemishes on my cheeks.

Nothing too major that can't be covered with makeup.

In the sun, I only have a few red scars but other than that, my face is pretty clear:)

That is all.

Day 89

Ahh broke out a little.

I had those bumps on my jawline and I basically picked at them and then this morning I have a few red marks. They're completely cover-able with makeup but aw:( I'm so sad. I was doing so well!!!

Anyways, my skin is so plump and smooth.

Will my face get oily after I get off Accutane?

90 days- 3 months

Updates:

http://vimeo.com/26422125

It's just me showing my skin without makeup and putting it on...

Ok, I talk really faster than normal in this video because I was rushing to go to work, so here are the highlights:

- Skin has a few scabs and scars but other than that, very smooth

- Woke up with 2 actives this morning. One on forehead, one on cheek. The rest is blemish free!

- I love makeup, especially mascara

- The side effects are kinda neutralizing. Like, my knees crack and all and my lips are DRY AS HELL! But I'm not as tired anymore and my eyes aren't as dry either.

Ok so that's it.

Hey, I read through your blog and noticed you are 115 pounds (like me) but that you are taking 80 mgs.. Just wanted to stress the importance of your monthly bloodwork because when I was on it my derm was cautious about giving me 60 and I dont think she would have ever agreed to 80 because of my weight cause its rly dangerous stuff if your body cant handle the load!

Take care,

mb

Hey, I read through your blog and noticed you are 115 pounds (like me) but that you are taking 80 mgs.. Just wanted to stress the importance of your monthly bloodwork because when I was on it my derm was cautious about giving me 60 and I dont think she would have ever agreed to 80 because of my weight cause its rly dangerous stuff if your body cant handle the load!

Take care,

mb

Hey Thanks for your comment. Ya...i've been kinda skimping out on going to do my bloodwork. I don't like my doctor:(:(:( So I hate going to visit him! But your right. Thanks for the kick in the butt.

And um...I know its bad but I've lost weight so I'm 107 pound right now (training for a marathon)...is that in the same weight bracket?

Guest Timehealsall

you have flawless skin, i don't think you needed accutane.

Did you experience any negative side effects on tane?

Flawless skin?!?!?

Not at all!!!

Alot of cysts (deep ones that hurt) at the side of my jaw and alot of blackheads. I would go and get my eyebrows done and the esthecian would give me all those tips and try to sell me stuff all the time. It was to the point where I couldn't look at people in the face!!!!

Negative effects:

-REALLY bad night vision. I can't even drive without putting my high-beams on!

-Exhausted all the time. Sluggish.

- Horribly chapped lips

- Dry eyes. I can't take a 10 minute nap without taking off my contacts. Got red eye many many times

- Extremely extremely sore joints. I wear alot of heels and I feel like I'm waddling because I just want to curl up in a ball. I'm still able to run but my knees are constantly cracking and when I get up, my back hurts:(

No but seriously, people always think other people have it better than them. My skin was NOT pretty. I'm wearing alot of makeup in most videos. It's only in the last ones that I've started to show my face without makeup...

And my face was all red and peeling and I had alot of scabs and dry skin everywhere...

Ok, now I'm just talking too much. lol. but I don't like when people say "you didn't need accutane" because I sure did! (vain-ess aside)

Edited by methatgirl

Guest Timehealsall
Flawless skin?!?!?

Not at all!!!

Alot of cysts (deep ones that hurt) at the side of my jaw and alot of blackheads. I would go and get my eyebrows done and the esthecian would give me all those tips and try to sell me stuff all the time. It was to the point where I couldn't look at people in the face!!!!

Negative effects:

- Horribly chapped lips

- Dry eyes. I can't take a 10 minute nap without taking off my contacts. Got red eye many many times

- Extremely extremely sore joints. I wear alot of heels and I feel like I'm waddling because I just want to curl up in a ball. I'm still able to run but my knees are constantly cracking and when I get up, my back hurts:(

No but seriously, people always think other people have it better than them. My skin was NOT pretty. I'm wearing alot of makeup in most videos. It's only in the last ones that I've started to show my face without makeup...

And my face was all red and peeling and I had alot of scabs and dry skin everywhere...

Ok, now I'm just talking too much. lol. but I don't like when people say "you didn't need accutane" because I sure did! (vain-ess aside)

i didn't mean to offend you at all. Which videos did you post without make-up? I would like to see them.

TBH, those side-effects, while bad for now, is nothing compared to acne. If accutane takes care of your acne, those side effects will go away, and you are good to go.

I will be following your log though

Guest Timehealsall

edit: i just saw your last video... and your skin does look flawless (you said thats you without makeup)?

Do you have any actives on your face atm (pimples/blackheads)

Martine, you are so stunning. Congratulations on Month 3! Your skin is looking great.

Flawless skin?!?!?

Not at all!!!

Negative effects:

- Horribly chapped lips

i didn't mean to offend you at all. Which videos did you post without make-up? I would like to see them.

TBH, those side-effects, while bad for now, is nothing compared to acne. If accutane takes care of your acne, those side effects will go away, and you are good to go.

I will be following your log though

Aw no no its ok. I just write with alot of "expression" lol. But I wasn't offended. lol Ya.. I'm so excited for those side-effects to go away. It's kinda scary...especially when I'm driving. But if you look at my earlier videos...maybe the 2nd video, day 74...then you'll see. I just felt too ugly to go on camera without makeup so I would always just talk about my skin....

haha I love how we say "I wannasee your acne"

edit: i just saw your last video... and your skin does look flawless (you said thats you without makeup)?

Do you have any actives on your face atm (pimples/blackheads)

Hmm..presently I have like..one or two inflamed "bumps" on my jaw..but other than that! NOTHING!!

I feel pretty:):)