Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teriwhale

Is it absolutely necessary to use the full 2 pumps of BP?

Hey everyone : )

I've been on the regimen for about a month now.

So far, I'm not sure how its working out but I think I'll trust it and keep going.

I just had a question about the amount of BP.

I've increased my BP amount to 2 full pumps and my face can take it without much irritation and peeling, but I've realised that 2 pumps is just way too much for my face. I know that they say the more the better, but there is just so much excess BP and I feel like it just dries off without doing anything to my skin.

Is it okay to just use about one pump and put a thin layer over my face so that it absorbs quicker and so that I can use my BP bottle for longer?

Any advice would be appreciated : )

For me at least, yes, the full two pumps is essential for the regimen to work. When it first worked for me about six years ago, I was convinced I could ease back a bit and maybe use less. Every time I've done that, so there have been minor eruptions on my face. Go back to two full pumps and my skin clears.

There are plenty of people on here who can use less and it's still effective. But as a general rule of thumb, the regimen should be followed exactly for it to work. I've certainly found that to be the case. First time I saw the DK regimen vids I was like, yeah, this guy has OCD or something lol But his emphasis on following the regimen to the letter is fully justified. I think the main reason some people don't have success is because they think they know best lol

It may depend on how severe your acne is, as to how little BP you can get away with, or it may depend on the type of acne.

When I started the regimen 2 years ago, I only used 1 pump (or sometimes 1 and a bit) of the old style bottles to cover the whole of my face & neck. I spread it as thinly as I could. I never did ramp it up to any more than that. I tried putting on more than that just once & like you, teriwhale, it just felt uncomfortable & excessive. It worked for me. (see gallery).

With the current style pumps, I use 1 1/2 pumps to cover the whole of my face & neck.

Is your acne worse/better than mine was?

Edited by Manticore

The pumps I have are the only kind I've ever had...so I guess they must be the old style ones. I kind of know how much I need to put on my skin now anyway...but it's more convenient if you can just pump twice be sure. Why did the pump change?

If you are able to clear up your acne/maintain it for the most part with less than full 2 pumps.. than I would just do that. The less you use the better.. so that you aren't damaging your skin and making it rely on BP.

Its not necessary at all, I only use one pump once a day, some people need 2 or 3 pumps twice a day

Its all about finding whats right for you, experiment a little, cut down and see if your skin changes, if you can get away with only one pump, your saving your BP and your not irritating you skin as much

I used half - 1 pump every time now. After you're clear you can pretty much see how little you can use without breaking out. You probably don't need to put as much bp on some places on your face too