Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi All,

Just came over to get rid of my depression and advice from you all. I am 3months post accutane on 24th June and my skin started get oily right after 15days post accutane and I am breaking out like anything. I have been prescribed Retin-A gel 0.025% but that doesnt seem to be helping me at all. I am just so depressed as to what shall I do and how shall I have a clearer skin without any acne.

I am getting 2-3 spots every day and rightnow my skin has around 8-10 active spots which are red and painful. Alot of whiteheads at the same time.

My GP has reffered me again to the derm and lets see how long it will take to get the appointment. But I don't wana go back to accutane as I had very bad side effects. Is there no other way to reduce oil on face. My face gets oily after 1hour of wiping it off with tissue. I just use facewash twice daily and moisturise it with an oily free moisturiser but nothing seems to help me.

The skin is oily and flaky at the same time?

I am just so depressed :(:(:(

Can anyone help me or share their experience.

Thanks all

Happened to me. Accutane doesn't cure everyone. :shrug: Only through diet and lifestyle changes have I actually been able to clear up, and I didn't have to slaughter my liver in the process.

Yeah, on my first 4 month course of accutane, I had to extend it another 2 months since I broke out after 4 months. I'm on my 2nd course of accutane after 13 yrs on doxycycline.

Have you looked at your moisterizer? I'm trying Olay Daily Moisturizer Sensitive Skin SPF 15 (Classic Formula) and it seems to cause breakouts for me. Everytime I apply it, I see a new pimple afterwards. Maybe coincidence?

Only through diet and lifestyle changes have I actually been able to clear up, and I didn't have to slaughter my liver in the process.

I don't agree with you at some point :naughty:. Acne still come back for most people, even diet and lifestyle changes. It somehow has something to do with hormone, just like my situation here. I know lots of people who don't even wash their face all day and they never get any acne, even with bad nasty diet. My wife for one doesn't use anything to wash or clean her face, but she is almost always acne free.

In my opinion, accutane is the last solution if nothing really work, however it is also the best solution. I have tried many ways to cure my acne, but they are just wasting my time and money.

Thanks all,

But I believe my reason for acne is just too much oil on my face. I just stop this too much oil production on my face.

Apparently my whole body is quite dry and my face is just super oily. I strongly believe if I will stop getting oil then I will stop getting acne. Accutane stopped this oil and thats why I didnt get any acne for 3months (40mg)

As soon as I finished it i started getting oil back and then breaking out brutally.

Is there no other medicine/vitamin/cream which will stop your sebaceous glands to produce oil.

What do u guys think about laser??

Does laser destroy some of your sebaceous glands and then the oil production would diminish?

I am just wondering it to be my last resort if thats wat its suppose to do. I don't wana go back to accutane. I took sucha heavy dose and it just didnt help me.

I thot I'll stay clear atleast for an year. I know I am quite stressed also these days.

But I don't think its something to do with diet. its all about your hormones which are just producing so much oil just on face.

I just don't know what to do. Also to let you know if this could give some indication of clear hormonal problem , I have been clear all my life. I am 25 rightnow. I used get acne but few pimples. But since last 2 years i have broken out like hell and my skin has become super super oily. I have asian skin and I have moved to UK 2.5years back. Did that impact somehow? I just feel its something internal and it has to be cured internally and nothing external can help me stop beaking out...

m just too depressed...

Only through diet and lifestyle changes have I actually been able to clear up, and I didn't have to slaughter my liver in the process.

I don't agree with you at some point :naughty:. Acne still come back for most people, even diet and lifestyle changes. It somehow has something to do with hormone, just like my situation here. I know lots of people who don't even wash their face all day and they never get any acne, even with bad nasty diet. My wife for one doesn't use anything to wash or clean her face, but she is almost always acne free.

In my opinion, accutane is the last solution if nothing really work, however it is also the best solution. I have tried many ways to cure my acne, but they are just wasting my time and money.

Well I disagree with you, because scientifically, hormones CAN be affected by what you eat. But besides that, thats why I said "only through diet and lifestyle changes have I actually been able to clear up". No where in there did I say it works for everyone :shrug: