Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Renegade Angel

I'm Burning The Blemishes Away

So I came up with an idea recently. A crazy one, perhaps, but an idea nonetheless.

I've had burn marks before, one that came from me dropping my curling iron on my thigh. Sure, it was a nasty pink mark on my skin for a while, but after leaving it alone and allowing it to heal, it has returned to it's natural color and is no longer noticeable at all.

I also recieved a quarter sized pink bruise on my neck about a year ago. Very unattractive! But thankfully, after icing it every night and rubbing Palmers cocoa butter on the scar everyday, that scar has also returned to it's natural color.

So this somehow made me think: "What if I burned my blemishes?" Sure, it sounds absurd, but I'm curious and actually feel that it may work. Why? Well, simply because procedures like lasers practically do the same thing, just not in the same fashion. Now I'm not saying I'm going to hold a burning flame to myself! I just think that if I burn the blemishes away and allow the burn to heal properly like I've successfully done before then it nay prove to be successful. It'll be ugly and pink for a while but for someone who has suffered with this for so long, a solid bruise is better than 12-15 darks pimple sized spots all over your back.

The marks I want to burn are on my back. I will use a curling iron to burn the area for 1 full second to 1 second and a 1/2. Then I will leave it alone until night. I will then hold icecubes to the area until it melts and rub palmers cocoa butter on the burn, leave some on overnight and seal with a bandage. Continue this process until it heals.

This method worked on all my other scars and burns so I figure, "Why not?"

I know you guys probably think I'm insane but I think it could work. Any feedback?

Ouch! Sounds pretty harsh. I'm not going to stop you, but I wouldn't really do it if I were you. What if it somehow exacerbates the problematic red marks you currently have? What will you do then? Wait double the time for it to heal?

Yeah that would hurt pretty bad... and the face skin is much much more sensitive and fragile then your arm skin or leg's.. or whatever. The face skin is already in the healing process every single day cause of acne. You don't want to take that risk.

Ouch! Sounds pretty harsh. I'm not going to stop you, but I wouldn't really do it if I were you. What if it somehow exacerbates the problematic red marks you currently have? What will you do then? Wait double the time for it to heal?

Well since I'm African American, the marks arent red, but black/dark. I just think that being left with a burn is so much better than having 15 dark spots on your back. I don't think it could get any worse honestly. I can wait for a burn to heal. Acne scar NEVER "heal." They just "heal" and leave you with reminders :(

Yeah that would hurt pretty bad... and the face skin is much much more sensitive and fragile then your arm skin or leg's.. or whatever. The face skin is already in the healing process every single day cause of acne. You don't want to take that risk.

Honestly, I couldnt care less how much it hurts. If it works, I'll suffer with any of pain. and it's not on my face, it's my back. TCA peels have helpe dramatically with my facial scars, but not for my back at all. The skin doesn't peel, it just wrinkles!

Well since I'm African American, the marks arent red, but black/dark

Oops, my mistake. Well is it the scars or the marks that you hope to fade/heal?

Honestly, I couldnt care less how much it hurts. If it works, I'll suffer with any of pain. and it's not on my face, it's my back. TCA peels have helpe dramatically with my facial scars, but not for my back at all. The skin doesn't peel, it just wrinkles!

I'm trying to get rid of the blemishes. I mean, they are just dark marks left by the acne.

I see, have you given any AHA Lotions a try?

No, I've never tried that before. Honestly, I have no money, my family won't help me at all, no one understands how much this can affect so many aspects of your life. So I'm desperate, but still feel that this may work. I'm just tired of using product after product and seeing no change. But like I said, I don't have much money so that's not even an option :(

Edited by Renegade Angel

I'm trying to get rid of the blemishes. I mean, they are just dark marks left by the acne.

I see, have you given any AHA Lotions a try?

No, I've never tried that before. Honestly, I have no money, my family won't help me at all, no one understands how much this can affect so many aspects of your life. So I'm desperate, but still feel that this may work. I'm just tired of using product after product and seeing no change. But like I said, I don't have much money so that's not even an option :(

I understand, but even if your Burn Method doesn't help out in the future, you can always go to your local pharmacy with $10 and buy one.

Good Luck though! :)

Also, if you are interested here is a review page about the ingredient found in such lotions if you want to check it out.

http://www.acne.org/acne.org-aha-reviews/650/page1.html

Works great on body acne/marks

$10? Wow, I'm sorry. I assume it would be much more expensive. Well I will check out that link and see what it's about. Thanks!

But if I still go with my plan, I'll post pics and update (EVEN IF it backfires)

if you do this and you get UNEXPECTED results then i am pretty sure you will regret your decision. its not like burning yourself can be irreversible if the scars last. why dont you go to a dermatologist and if one is hard to come by then you should think of the consequences of everything and weigh your options. i just think that BURNING your skin is not a great idea and may be something youll regret.

I have dark skin and know what you mean. Yet I would ask my derm about procedures that are like that. I mean a chemical peel is pretty much what you are talking about. And I am interested in getting that done for my back and chest in the months to come. I am using aha for now, and I am seeing a slight improvement not the drastic one I want from the peel.

I have dark skin and know what you mean. Yet I would ask my derm about procedures that are like that. I mean a chemical peel is pretty much what you are talking about. And I am interested in getting that done for my back and chest in the months to come. I am using aha for now, and I am seeing a slight improvement not the drastic one I want from the peel.

That's what I'm thinking. It's like getting lasered basically, just not the exact same way/process. it really can't get any worse. I'd rather be left with a burn or slightly darker/lighter aftermath of a mark than multiple little dark spots all over my back. It looks awful! It'll take a few months to heal but if it heals like my other burns, it'll be perfectly fine. I might just take that chance.

I used a 15% TCA peel on my back, 2 passes the first time. All it did was make my skin wrinkle, but it hasn't peeled. I'm trying it again, this time with three passes. Once 10 days are up and if there is no peeling, I will be doing the burning process.

Depending on how dark your marks are, how long you've had them, etc, it may give you significant improvement with a chemical peel. But the skin on your back is pretty tough so it may not be the same result as it would be on the face. I had a noticeable blemish on my cheek and it was pretty dark, but thankfully it happened recently. So when I did the TCA peel (15%) and it shedded in that area, it literally peeled the mark right off! It turned dark for a few days then peeled right off. Now that area is clear! So recent marks seem to do better than older ones it seems.

hi, try MUAC 25% mandelic acid, i had a LOT of dark brown marks on my skin and some that took 2 years to fade, but once i started using this.. my marks fade completely, if not after 1 pass, definitely after the 2nd pass.

you know how our skin has 2 main layers? the epidermis and dermis? the epidermis is the top layer, and the dermis is the bottom and deeper layer. epidermal hyperpigmentation can be lightened by chemicals like hydroquinone or TCA or other acids, but dermal hyperpigmentation is not affected by these chemicals

the only 2 things that lighten dermal hyperpigmentation are certain lasers and... mandelic acid

this is why, for lightening dark spots, mandelic acid is the most effective of ALL chemicals

and on the internet, MUAC has the highest concentration mandelic acid solution

please try MUAC's 25% mandelic acid solution before resorting to burning!!!!!!

on a side note, it's nice knowing someone else gets dark brown marks on their face and body like me! everyone i know simply gets pink marks, which look so much better in my opinion. i must have been a leopard or dalmatian in my past life or something!

Edited by Brawn

i must have been a leopard or dalmatian in my past life or something!

Lol, that's certainly a funny way of putting it :)

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

But as a side note, I will be doing the burning tomorrow evening. Here's my list of items:

Ice cubes

Palmers cocoa butter

Bandages

H2O

Curling iron

The process is pretty simple so I don't have many items on my list. I will update tomorrow!

Edited by Renegade Angel

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I don't see this as being a very practical approach, especially pain-wise. But I guess if you are really desperate and can't be talked out of it, the most I can do is hope that things go okay!

I agree, but good luck!

Edited by Nostradamus

UPDATE: Well...this turned out stupidly, lol.

Okay, so I used a TCA peel on my back (15%) and it caused my skin to wrinkle, but not peel. So I'm left with wrinkling skin that feels awful to the touch. I decided to wait a while and reapplied the TCA peel to the area. I checked my back last night and saw that I the skin was bruised. It looked burned almost. Once I exfoliated the skin, it peeled off and revealed pink skin. So I have about two patches of pink skin on my back, and one on my chest. I also used the TCA peel on my chest area.

I tried burning a small area of my back but it hurt way too much. My curling iron ironically wasn't working and I had to heat a spoon to apply to my back instead. IT WAS TERRIBLE. I couldn't even keep it there for a half second. So, I won't be doing that again :rolleyes:

But to heal these marks I have now, I'm going to ice them, massage with Palmers cocoa butter nightly and in the mornings, and place bandages on them until they heal and fade. Hopefully these marks fade like my others have :confused:

So that's about it. PLAN FAIL :boohoo: