Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
helpmegetclear

I am depressed and going on Accutane..

the whole suicide thing scares me and i want to know more about it. any info you guys have would help.

a few years ago i was on anti-depressants. my derm knows this. but we have been through it that i am off of them now and am no longer in depression.

except, i think i am depressed. all the time i think about how i hate my life and how nothing is going right for me and i feel down a lot.

but i feel like this is not important because i am not thinking about suicide at all. and i think how could going on a med make me think that? but can it?

Edited by helpmegetclear

I stress out a lot.. and sometimes feel depressed my self. But trust me.. Accutane does not make you think suicidal.. In my opinion away. I'll be honest.. and felt down on accutane here and their but it's nothing surprising or devastating that it carries on, it's just a feeling and passes away the next day. I do feel what you go through also about hating my life well 99.9% cause of acne lol.. but I don't know how severe your acne is and depending on the dosage also. But all I know is that it will help your acne.

Edited by QQMAN

First, you need to know what kind of depression you are experiencing. Is your depression bought upon by acne and that you feel that you are not a looker or because you are really feeling depressed? Either way, to play it safe, if you are really interested in accutane, I think it would be wise for you to consider low dose instead of the high dose (above 40mg). But again, I will still say the same thing, change your diet and see if it helps clear up your acne first.