Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Holly R

Coming off of Dianette

Hi guys,

Well I recently came off of Dianette after being on it for a year after my doctor 'forgot' to switch me on to another BC sooner.

On the run up to the switch I made myself ill, worrying that my acne would come back with a vengeance after reading the horror stories online. I was up late studying the Internet on what pill to switch to. I read that Dianette can make you infertile and coming off it would give you the worst acne ever! So obviously I was expecting the worst.

After hours of searching I decided to go straight onto Femodene from Dianette when my last packet ran out. After reading the side effects I couldnt wait to change pill but was so scared of my acne returning.

I'm not going to lie I have had a few pimples but nothing more! Before Dianette I had severe acne and was waiting for it to return in it's old state, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was. Like I said just a few pimples.

I was wondering if there was anyone else who has/is coming off of Dianette and how there coping?

My sister recently spoke to me about going on Dianette but I would advise to go onto Femodene first, just give it a go. Best decision I've ever made !

Edited by Holly R