Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BecomesBelle

Burning Sensation

hi, i'm new here. I've just started the regimen for a few days and i noticed everytime i apply BP, it feels as if my face is burning. It gets all red and the pain is excruciating. It lasts about an hour. Is this normal?? and how long does the regimen take to show improvements?? :(

i'm new to the regimen as well, but i dont experience the burning until i apply moisturizer. i'm wondering if this is normal, and if any one has any advice. thanks!

I have had burning after moisturizer application, and increased 'flushing' or blushing of the skin. It hasn't gone away, but most of my acne has... a decent trade-off!

wow, glad to hear it's not that uncommon... but does the burning hurt really really bad like mine does? and after that my whole face feels really stiff and sort of dry the whole day/night long. is THAT normal?

I've been on the regimen since 2005 and still get the burn lol These days it only lasts a few minutes while the BP dries and absorbs and I get very little redness, and what I do get fades in half an hour or less.

During the first two weeks I used BP, my face felt (and looked at times lol) like it had been sandblasted. It was so bad in the first few days I almost quit. But for the vast majority of people it does subside a lot after a couple of weeks or so.

Edited by mrfunk

oh i see... but now i have another problem. besides the burning, my skin is feeling really dry and even peeling at some places which makes my face look and feel rough. is that also common? will it subside??

oh i see... but now i have another problem. besides the burning, my skin is feeling really dry and even peeling at some places which makes my face look and feel rough. is that also common? will it subside??

Yes, it's common. It does ease up after a while, depending on your skin type. Mine is naturally dry anyway and I have to moisturize carefully to keep the flakiness at bay. I don't have super smooth looking skin like some do but it's mostly free of acne so I'm happy with that.

I do think for some a certain sacrifice needs to be made. It depends how much you want rid of acne. It ruined my life so I can live with the side effects, which are fortunately quite mild in my case.