Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

The Timehealsall Megathread

Guest Timehealsall

Well, i just looked at them right now after looking at your answer, and they do feel a little hard (I BARELY touched it though), but i dont really think it is milia.

The reasoning behind this is that i have milia under my eyes, and the milia under my eyes looks different than these things. These things are ALSO red... is milia red?

This one is easy. What you do to tell if a red mark is indeed a depression is put a thin layer of concealer over said red mark. You are now mimicking what the area would look like once the redness fades. NOW look at it from different angles, do you see any shadows/depressions? Yes, then the red mark is indeed an indent, no? Then congrats, remove concealer and relax, there is no indent, and the redness will eventually fade.

Oh to answer your question on whether red marks make an area APPEAR to be depressed, the answer is an absolute YES. It is really hard to tell, and the only way you can be absolutely sure is to put concealer over it to analyze it. That is why I don't recommend people with shallow red marks do anything until redness is gone, partly because it is so hard to tell whether it is actually an indent and partially because it has a good chance of filling in if the area is still less than a year old.

Speaking of people mistaking red marks/hyerpigmentation as actual scars, this bothers me to no end. A red mark/hyperpigmented area is NOT a scar people. Yes, I know the marketing/advertisers call these scars, so they can sell you gels that say, "improves scars" i.e. meaning fades the "redness." Mederma, Scarzone, etc, they all employ this propaganda. There aren't any topicals out there that will fix a REAL scar that is indented, don't believe the false advertising. When the economic model of capitalism relies on selling you stuff and making a profit at all costs, truth is sacrificed at the altar of lies, lies, and damn lies. There is so much propaganda out there, you can't help but become cynical, lol.

Edited by miramar

Guest Timehealsall

i completely agree with you miramira.

I hate this propaganda bullshit.

Regarding the concealer method, any reccomended conealers i can use?

I am going to try this method and see if its really scars or not (3-4 on my forehead)

I am going to try this method and see if its really scars or not (3-4 on my forehead)

If I were you I would just go to the drug store and buy the cheapest concealer I could find. You're probably only gonna be using it once of it and washing it off in less than 5 minutes, so it doesn't matter which brand you use.

If I were you I would just go to the drug store and buy the cheapest concealer I could find. You're probably only gonna be using it once of it and washing it off in less than 5 minutes, so it doesn't matter which brand you use.

I agree with Minty Peas, unless you do plan to use it often, then go with a better brand. I think the most important thing when choosing concealer though is not so much the brand, but the shade. The closer the shade you get to your natural skin tone, the better you'll be able to do the analysis. Because, if you choose a shade that is much darker than your own skin for instance, that in itself will have the redmark effect, because it is darker than your normal skin shade just like red marks. So choose the shade carefully, make sure it matches your skin color perfectly.

Guest Timehealsall

If enlarged pores are due indeed to genetics (i.e. one of your parents have them), does that mean that NO MATTER what you do, you will have enlarged pores?

I noticed today that my mom has tons of enlarged pores..

Also, ive read that picking or messing with stuff inside pores (clogs, or blackheads) can cause damage to the pore and permanently stretch it (i.e. it wont be able to close better once the clog, even if you cannot see it, comes out).

This leads me to my next question, what if your pores constantly "fill" up with gunk or dead skin.. and the dead skin comes out of the pores rather easily (i.e. if you got your finger or a cotton ball, and massaged in a circular motion over the aforementioned area, the gunk comes out)... Can this damage the pore?

it is quite awkward to me how this gunk/dead skin comes off of my skin by simply massaging that area with your fingers (not nails!) or a cotton ball... yet i have not come across no one on this board who can rub the gunk off their pores. Essentially, people on this board have said that they have to SQUEEZE their pores in order to get the gunk out.... Am i a unique case?

I will take a photo of soon when the gunk reappears, and how it looks when i gently massage that area in a circular motion with my fingers. Literally, it looks as if someone put white GUNK/slime on my face, tons of it

Edited by AKL

Yes, it can be hereditary. That doesn't, however, mean that if one of your parents has them you definitely will. It all depends on the "genetic lottery."

Guest Timehealsall
Yes, it can be hereditary. That doesn't, however, mean that if one of your parents has them you definitely will. It all depends on the "genetic lottery."

yes i realize that. But lets i inherited them (i have been having my pores randomly enlarge lately), does that mean NO MATTER WHAT I USE OR DO, my pores will enlarge?

yes i realize that. But lets i inherited them (i have been having my pores randomly enlarge lately), does that mean NO MATTER WHAT I USE OR DO, my pores will enlarge?

Why don't you try steaming your (cleansed) face 1-2 times a week and get the gunk out of your pores and see what that does? And after steaming, wash your face with a gentle cleanser and splash your face with cold water to seal the pores.

Guest Timehealsall

i dunno why, but these pores started accumulating dead skin out of no where (unless the dead skin was microscopic before, and just recently started showing up), and bam my pores enlarged.

my face is so red as well.. i just dont understand.

Its depressing seeing everyone around me with normal skin, while i look like as someone recently said (a grand gorilla)

Guest Timehealsall

i will just buy a cheap one then

Lol, I never knew you had your own thread for the questions you ask on a daily basis. I suggest you keep posting in here, rather than making a new thread for every question. :)

Edited by Nostradamus

Lol, I never knew you had your own thread for the questions you ask on a daily basis. I suggest you keep posting in here, rather than making a new thread for every question. :)

It's new. But it's nice, right? : )

It's new. But it's nice, right? : )

Very, good job moderators :)

Very, good job moderators :)

Thank you! :D

Tbh... I don't see this being something that will help. Come next week, there will be 28 pages instead of 13. Then at the end of the month, 40. THEN 60. THEN 203. OMG.

Well, that doesn't really matter, does it? You don't have to come here. And if you do, you'll know what to expect. At least this will prevent cluttering up the boards.

This is Timehealsall's very own thread, he can post anything he wants (within the board rules, of course). Bickering won't be tolerated, so constrain yourselves, and only post here if you have something to contribute.

Guest Timehealsall

So i decided to take some recent photos as an update on my skin. My skin still looks terrible (primarily left cheek) and right cheek actually looks very good. I was wondering what are your guys suggestions on what i can do to treat my bad skin? Am i candidate for tca cross?

here are the photos:

Left cheek

http://tinypic.com/r/2m665nk/7

http://tinypic.com/r/11sh4c2/7

http://tinypic.com/r/2upcope/7

http://tinypic.com/r/260v4eh/7

http://tinypic.com/r/25i0ivc/7

http://tinypic.com/r/230hlh/7

right cheek (my good cheek)

http://tinypic.com/r/2i7ocyc/7

you have no clue how much this pisses me off. I kept those grain seed fucking plugs on my right cheek for one month... and than one day i just rubbed them off. THEY FUCKING SEEMED like they were going to fall off... what the fuck is wrong with my skin?

I have the same thing. Its very depressing and frustrating. I always try to squeeze the oils out. It works but Im picking at every pore which irritates my skin. Clogged pores are my main issue now and it totally sucks :(

Guest Timehealsall

Also, is it possible to make marks on your face if you rub to hard (not with nails, just fingers)?

Guest Timehealsall
you have no clue how much this pisses me off. I kept those grain seed fucking plugs on my right cheek for one month... and than one day i just rubbed them off. THEY FUCKING SEEMED like they were going to fall off... what the fuck is wrong with my skin?

I have the same thing. Its very depressing and frustrating. I always try to squeeze the oils out. It works but Im picking at every pore which irritates my skin. Clogged pores are my main issue now and it totally sucks :(

the thing is, i dont squeeze or pick at any of my pores. I dont do any of that.

This dead skin material literally comes off very easily, its like superficial dead skin on top of my pores

the thing is, i dont squeeze or pick at any of my pores. I dont do any of that.

This dead skin material literally comes off very easily, its like superficial dead skin on top of my pores

Huh how odd. Wish I could be of more help!

ashley, the megathread is not going anywhere. It is what it is. It's not up for discussion either.

Guest Timehealsall
Have you been using finacea consistently time? How do you like it?

yes ive been using it. Hasent done shit so far

It kind of matters, yeah. Because it's not helping HIM at all. He's asked basically the same exact questions over and over again, some usually worded differently, but many are pretty much identical. For the sake of his sanity and likely for his skin, it will be most helpful for him to listen to those of us who have told him to stop obsessing and to get psychiatric help, because at this rate he will remain on these forums asking these questions on rotation for the next decade.

Last time I checked you were neither a psychiatrist, nor a moderator. You have no idea of what's going on behind the scenes, so please let us do our jobs. This is his thread, whether you like it or not. Wynne put it right: it's not up for discussion. If you have an issue with it, PM me instead of replying here.

Have you been using finacea consistently time? How do you like it?

yes ive been using it. Hasent done shit so far

Yes, but you've only been using it for 2 weeks, that's not enough. Give it some more time.

Yeah, it takes time man. Azelaic acid does a great job at exfoliating without irritation. Hopefully it'll kick in within. a month or two of daily morning and night use!

Edited by tim12