Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TIMMEY

Every treatment available to me (Pics)

Hi all, I'm in thailand atm and here you can literally buy anything over the counter, antibiotics, retin a, BP... probably even accutane.

Also money is not an issue for me, and I'm prepared to use myself as a guinea pig so every treatment is an option for me.

Please suggest ideas ....

I'm considering trying Rifampicin antibiotic. (aka Rifampin)

There's a recent study that shows that it may be the most effective antibiotic vs acne:

http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/news/new-study-suggest-rifampin-is-the-most-sensitive-antibiotic-for-acne-vulgaris/

I took Rifampicin and Clindamycin (both orally) to cure a recurring boil that I had from cycling. Together they worked really well and I also noticed I no acne while I was taking these 2 antibiotics.

In the past I have used Clindamycin gel to try and cure my acne with little success. So I believe that possibly Rifampicin is a miracle cure for acne. Anyone else tried it ?

I'm also considering using Retin a, and Clindamycin combination.

I will post pics.

Suggestions... ?

If you want something with the highest success rate and the longest remission time, then Accutane is your drug. However, it also carries arguably the worst side effects and risks. Topical antibiotics and oral antibiotics can be largely effective in many cases, but their ability to fend off acne after using them is really questionable. Retin A has many benefits to the skin, but I would suggest using another topical and/or oral antibiotic simultaneously while your skin adapts to the retin a (and also combat the initial breakout that many users experience). Benzoyl peroxide has been proven quite effective against acne as well. It really just takes time to determine which combination of products and regimen suits your skin best and works well. I would not choose Accutane without a prescription and recommendation from your dermatologist, as it can be incredibly unsafe. They also require blood tests in the US before and while taking accutane, so taking it without any precautionary measures would obviously be very dangerous. I would recommend a regimen with benzoyl peroxide, but really, they have prescriptions for a reason, you should visit a doctor or dermatologist to make sure all is well before you begin any other non over the counter treatment.

On 6/12/2011 at 2:24 PM, TIMMEY said:

Hi all, I'm in thailand atm and here you can literally buy anything over the counter, antibiotics, retin a, BP... probably even accutane.

Also money is not an issue for me, and I'm prepared to use myself as a guinea pig so every treatment is an option for me.

Please suggest ideas ....

I'm considering trying Rifampicin antibiotic. (aka Rifampin)

There's a recent study that shows that it may be the most effective antibiotic vs acne:

http://www.dermatalk.com/blogs/news/new-study-suggest-rifampin-is-the-most-sensitive-antibiotic-for-acne-vulgaris/

I took Rifampicin and Clindamycin (both orally) to cure a recurring boil that I had from cycling. Together they worked really well and I also noticed I no acne while I was taking these 2 antibiotics.

In the past I have used Clindamycin gel to try and cure my acne with little success. So I believe that possibly Rifampicin is a miracle cure for acne. Anyone else tried it ?

I'm also considering using Retin a, and Clindamycin combination.

I will post pics.

Suggestions... ?

That'd suggest a lot of thingy!

Edited by manzils