Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright so im 6 weeks and 2 days into my course. My acne seemed to get worse at the beginning of my treatment then at the end of that 1st month it got really good.. then it seems like a few days after that 1 month mark i started breaking out horribly like i never have before.. so ive been breaking out for about 2 weeks now. At this point i just want to know if this is normal and i need some inspiration. Right as i thought it was all getting better it just got really bad :( has anyone out there had the same experience that they could share? Im on the same dose of 60mg however i did change the brand of the drug from month 1 to month 2 but i hear this has no effect. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Baseball_28

Did you up your dose at all? My son is currently on accutane, 11 weeks. He had his IB and then it seemed better. Then the 2nd month they upped his dose which caused another big breakout. Then it would seem to get better, worst, a vicious cycle. Totally convinced it wasn't going to work. Well , KNOCKIN ON WOOD, the past week he seems to have cleared big time. I think 10 weeks was like magic. (it's actually 11 weeks and 3 days that he's on it, you know everyday counts when you are on this). I am praying this is it and now he can heal. His face still looks like he has a lot of acne because it has tons of red marks which I'm hoping will fade in time. So, don't give up hope. I have been researching this (my husband say's I'm obsessing but when your kid is down about something you do anything you can to help them) big time and from blogs it seems to be common to break out the first 3-4 months and then start clearing. I'm sure it will work, and know that it's very normal to get better and then have set backs. Good Luck :)

thank you so much! its so nice to know that its normal and common to have this happen. im glad your son is starting to clear up. thats always good to hear. i hope ill see results soon. the breakout seems to be wearing off but you never know haha. oh and by the way i did not up my dose at all. thanks again!

Edited by Baseball_28