Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
helpchicken

What do you put on your pancakes?

hey all, i recently got some coconut flower since its healthier and has lower GI, and wanted to make some coconut pancakes tomorrow with some chocolate chips. However, I used to load on processed maple syrup, but i realize now that would be a very bad idea. So what I'm asking is, whats a good topping for pancakes? Does honey have too much sugar too? i need something, i personally can't eat them dry lol. Something that tastes good too, please, not something extremely healthy, just something i can have occasionally that won't do too much harm or cause too much of a sugar spike. Thanks

This is what i do.. not the best way.. lols

I take a bite out of a pancake and then throw a couple blueberries in my mouth and eat them together. Can't say it tasted as good as sugary processed goodness but.. it tasted alright, tasted healthy.

Slice up some fruit and saute in butter or coconut oil would be my best suggestion. Add spices like cinnamon, ginger, Chinese 5 spice powder which is a blend. Add some chopped walnuts. You can also add fruit to the batter. Banana slices are good.

I also have a little yogurt with a little honey stirred in. A small amount of low sugar jam, jelly or marmalade would be better than syrup. I like to stir a tiny bit of my sister's homemade/grown orange marmalade in with the butter.

And I often have nothing as I eat the leftover pancakes cold. I've found they taste even better that way, like flat muffins. But I use dried coconut, not coconut flour. Cheaper and has the coconut fat.

Edited by alternativista