Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1. full fat dairy products in this order:

yogurt, cheese, sour cream.

why: calcium and phosphorous source. calcium supplements are not a replacement for milk. and also the ratio of saturated to mono/polyunsaturated, is very preferable to mammals, including humans. fermented means that the lactose content has been reduced, bacteria love lactose, and people have problems with lactose in general, so this helps create a better bacterial flora in the intestine, when you limit lactose.

the island of sardinia off the coast of italy has a very high proportion of centarians and they eat lots of cheese made from sheeps milk, which is higher in b12 then cow or goat milk. other long lived cultures have survived well on fermented milk.

yogurt will have bacteria that is good for the digestive system, and lactic acid that will kill pathogens, so it is above the other products. sour cream contains a unusually high level of lauric acid, but contains more lactose then cheese, it was hard to choose a hierarchy for these, but cheese is very portable and convenient.

2. eggs. with yolks of course.

why: great source of choline, and also the fat ratio again may be the best for biological life. highest source of tyrosine which converts to dopamine, a neurotransmitter that is distinct for the human brain in its proportion to the presence of other animals.

in a study of postmenopausal women, only 2% consumed the rda of choline. we have been advised to stay away from foods that contain dietary cholesterol, but the same foods contain choline which may even protect us from heart disease for the nutrients they contain. some studies have reported that the cholesterol from eggs is incorporated into hdl, and may have protective effects against heart disease.

3. clams

why? they are the highest source of b12, in 2 ounces there is about 500% daily value.

4. potatoes.

Why? its loaded with potassium, yet so is fruit, but fruit seems to be a seasonal thing and also contains sucrose which bacteria love, so i decided that fruit would not be the best source of potassium, and potatoes seem to have more of other minerals as well.

5. wheat.

why? the insoluble fiber gives the most bulk to stools compared to other insoluble fibers, small stools are harder to pass and take longer to move through the colon, increasing the time of exposure to waste and toxins. wheat can help absorb toxins so that they are not reabsorbed into the intestine. in increases transit time, more frequent stools help shed the bad bacteria.

6. oats.

why? soluble fiber can be fermented by the good bacteria to create short chain fatty acids that kill bad bacteria.

7. beans.

why? highest source of folate, and also good source of fiber.

8. herbs like oregano,thyme, basil, rosemary, and caraway seed.

why? because they have antibacterial properties, particularly, oregano. oregano has been proven to be able to kill all human pathogens very well, it will help keep the digestive system free from bad bacteria.

9. Coconut.

Why? it contains lauric acid, which has antibacterial properties and can be converted into a substance in humans called monolaurin which has antibacterial properties. human breast milk is higher in lauric acid then cows milk. it can raise hdl, which is unique for a saturated fat, so it will actually help protect you from heart disease.

foods previously known as "healthy" that i believe are not as healthy as we have been led to believe.

nuts and seeds, avocados, and olives/olive oil.

why? they contain more polyunsaturated fat , which creates the most damage to dna and creates the most oxidants. eat these sparingly. avocados and olives are the lesser of the evils, but im still evaluating these foods as a good source of fat. im thinking now the only reason they were ever considered good fats is because they do not raise cholesterol levels, like saturated fats and therefore lower the risk of heart disease, but from my own understanding of the pathogenesis of heart disease, i see dietary fats as a small player in the game and serum cholesterol levels not as important as ldl to hdl ratio, which is largely determined by vitamin status, particularly, niacin, magnesium, b6 and b12.

these conclusions are from years of personal observations and reading the latest science as well as the oldest science that exists. I feel i have been clueless as to what a healthy diet consists of over the years, and one thing i wanted to accomplish is some way to judge these things for myself, and to construct a heirarchy if possible, but they are very similar in importance. i have read some journals on aging and the latest studies can predict longevity by fat ratios in the cells outer membrane, so i reasoned that eggs and milk may be the closest to the real ratio we were meant to have, and nuts seeds and plant fats are not the ideal ratio.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

i would say the only thing that is the healthiest are the oats. other than that there are some side effects to eating the others.

ever heard of superfoods? like spirulina.

i think you could have added some sea plants to the list too. japanese people eat it all the time and scientists conclude that their longevity can accounted for from these sea plants.

You know, I'm not one of these people that think dairy and grains are pure evil and unfit for human consumption, but I would never consider them important to the diet. And they are certainly not the healthiest foods. You left out tons of foods healthier than these.

1) Dairy - there are other sources of calcium, phosphorous and probiotic cultures. The planet is full of healthy long-lived people that consume little to none of these foods. And these foods are not healthy for many people. Especially not most of the dairy that comes from our grain fed sickly cattle dairy industry. The goat cheese in Sardinia is quite a bit different.

You also don't need that much calcium. You need the other nutrients your body needs to use calcium and you need to not do things that deplete calcium.

Also, there are many negatives, especially for we acne sufferers. In addition to it being so common to be intolerant to dairy, it is insulinemic and contains the hormone IGf-1 (whose production is also stimulated by the insulin release dairy causes), two factors in the formation of acne.

2) Sure, eggs are good, great if they are from pastured hens.

3) ok. Don't know why clams and not other mollusks as well, but whatever. If we still had clean water for them to live in, I'm sure they'd be a great food.

4. Potatoes - Lots of plant foods are loaded with potassium. So is the dairy you mentioned above. And you should be eating a variety of plant foods throughout the day which is how we are meant to get our potassium.

5. Wheat - There are far too many negatives to wheat for it to be considered a health food. Get your insoluble fiber from the fruits and vegetables you should be eating throughout the day. also, nuts and seeds.

Sources: seeds, nuts, barley, brown rice, squash, celery, broccoli, cabbage, onions, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, green beans, dark leafy vegetables, raisins, grapes, fruit, and root vegetable skins.

6. oats. Ok. lots of benefits to properly prepared oats. But once again, there's plenty of soluble fiber in the variety of colorful fruits and vegetables you should be eating throughout the day.

7. beans. Ok, But i would say their real value is their nutrition combined with low cost. A few meals of legumes let you afford the wild, pastured and organic foods you should be eating. But avoid the most problematic ones lectin/food intolerance-wise, prepare properly (by soaking/fermenting and boiling) and consume with the big variety of fruits and vegetables that you should be eating throughout the day as they contain important glyconutrients that bind up the harmful anti-nutrients.

Yes, also packed with anti-oxidents which is why they have such strong flavors. And it's not just herbs. All plant herbs, spices and teas. Equally healthy and important.

9. Coconut.

Yes, coconut is good, especially as a substitute for the nearly valueless wheat flour people should be avoiding.

foods previously known as "healthy" that i believe are not as healthy as we have been led to believe.

Edited by alternativista

I wouldn't say full fat unpasturized dairy is bad for you, but I certainly wouldn't say it's healthy for you either.

What about oysters? Highest source of zinc in nature and they taste wonderful.

Other lesser-eaten vegetables like chicory, endives, chards, oak leaf lettuce, celeriac, salsify, etc. are also things people should seek out once in a while for their unique nutritional contents.

You know, I'm not one of these people that think dairy and grains are pure evil and unfit for human consumption, but I would never consider them important to the diet. And they are certainly not the healthiest foods.

1) Dairy - there are other sources of calcium, phosphorous and probiotic cultures. The planet is full of healthy long-lived people that consume little to none of these foods. And these foods are not healthy for many people. Especially not most of the dairy that comes from our grain fed sickly cattle dairy industry. The goat cheese in Sardinia is quite a bit different.

You also don't need that much calcium. You need the other nutrients your body needs to use calcium and you need to not do things that deplete calcium.

Also, there are many negatives, especially for we acne sufferers. In addition to it being so common to be intolerant to dairy, it is insulinemic and contains the hormone IGf-1 (whose production is also stimulated by the insulin release dairy causes), two factors in the formation of acne.

2) Sure, eggs are good, great if they are from pastured hens.

3) ok. Don't know why clams and not other mollusks as well, but whatever. If we still had clean water for them to live in, I'm sure they'd be a great food.

4. Potatoes - Lots of plant foods are loaded with potassium. So is the dairy you mentioned above. And you should be eating a variety of plant foods throughout the day which is how we are meant to get our potassium.

5. Wheat - There are far too many negatives to wheat for it to be considered a health food. Get your insoluble fiber from the fruits and vegetables you should be eating throughout the day. also, nuts and seeds.

Sources: seeds, nuts, barley, brown rice, squash, celery, broccoli, cabbage, onions, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, green beans, dark leafy vegetables, raisins, grapes, fruit, and root vegetable skins.

6. oats. Ok. lots of benefits to properly prepared oats. But once again, there's plenty of soluble fiber in the variety of colorful fruits and vegetables you should be eating throughout the day.

7. beans. Ok, But i would say their real value is their nutrition combined with low cost. A few meals of legumes let you afford the wild, pastured and organic foods you should be eating. But avoid the most problematic ones lectin/food intolerance-wise, prepare properly (by soaking/fermenting and boiling) and consume with the big variety of fruits and vegetables that you should be eating throughout the day as they contain important glyconutrients that bind up the harmful anti-nutrients.

Yes, also packed with anti-oxidents which is why they have such strong flavors. And it's not just herbs. All plant herbs, spices and teas. Equally healthy and important.

9. Coconut.

Yes, coconut is good, especially as a substitute for the nearly valueless wheat flour people should be avoiding.

What? You ignore all the negatives of wheat and several other foods because they have some nutrients, and with these extremely healthy foods, you ignore all the nutrients and benefits because they have some polyunsaturated fat? PUFAs that are essential, btw.

I tend to agree with this, for the most part.