Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl11

What type of acne does this sound like?

Today I woke up with this red pimple on my cheek where it's reaaally red. If I tried to cover it with concealer, it would probably just look purplish. But it's not really a bump when I feel it, it's flat, it's just like the area of it is red and inflamed. I've had this happen before where sometimes it goes away in a few days, sometimes it's dramatically better by the next day. Does this sound like rosacea bumps? I normally get them on my cheeks. I do have a tendency to flush easily, so not sure if i"m more prone to rosacea. Thanks!

Also I notice that the area that is bright red is uneven around the edges and splotchy looking. I think it has something to do with the blood vessels underneath the skin? But it's not like a regular pimple in that it doesn't appear that there's some obvious center to it. It's just like this big, red, inflamed splotch.

Also I notice that the area that is bright red is uneven around the edges and splotchy looking. I think it has something to do with the blood vessels underneath the skin? But it's not like a regular pimple in that it doesn't appear that there's some obvious center to it. It's just like this big, red, inflamed splotch.

It could be a cyst or a nodule... they don't have heads but feel deep and are painful.

It doesn't feel like there's anything underneath it, and it doesn't hurt. Maybe a slight bump, but definitely no hard bump or anything where it feels like it's deep.

It looks like it could be the acne rosacea. I had something similar on my other cheek 2 weeks ago, and it was a lot better by the next day. If I still have this Monday, I'm going to see a derm so I can find out what it is since rosacea would be treated differently. I'm pregnant so very possible hormones could be causing it. I've always been a blusher and my face gets red when I'm hot, but I never got the red inflamed bumps.

No but I've gotten similar bumps before since I've gotten pregnant, it's just normally I get them one at a time, not a bunch of them at a time. And they're not usually this large. Hopefully the redness calms down by tomorrow! I don't think it's a regular pimple because pimples don't usually go away in a day, right? When I had something like this last time, it was so much better by the night time and looked mostly gone by the next day.

Okay, I don't think it was a regular pimple. During the day yesterday, the redness calmed down and it looked a lot better. Then I washed my face at night and put some moisturizer on that I had worn during the day because the skin felt dry and like it was burning a little, but then it just got even redder and a larger area around it got redder. It sort of looked like I just got a sunburn around one part of my cheek, it was just bright pink. So I decided to wash the moisturizer off and spot treat with sulfur since if it is rosacea, I read sulfur helps it. Then I went to sleep and when I got up early, the redness was almost all gone. A smaller area is maybe faintly pink, but I don't think it'd be noticeable to anyone else. It's pretty much almost gone.

This is why I wonder if it's related to rosacea since I've read it can flare up from certain factors like extreme temperatures and stress. I was stressed out on Thursday night really bad, and it was 100 degrees on Thursday and I wasn't really in the A/C, so my face was pretty much flushed the whole time since heat makes my skin red. Which I don't really mind because otherwise I'm pale so it just looks like I got color. But I've read sometimes people can get rosacea bumps that look like pimples except they're not, so that's why I didn't know if it was that. This was the biggest and worst one I've had but at least it disappeared pretty fast. If it keeps happening, I'll go to the doctor though I guess there's nothing I can really take right now since I'm pregnant anyway.