Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ryan.1233

People that don't look you in the eye!!

Guest ryan.1233

I don't really have acne any more but still this drives me nuts. When I do have active acne I HATE when people constantly look at it and not in my eyes. It makes my mind run wild and I can't have a normal conversation. Now that I am mostly clear I ALWAYS make sure when I am speaking to someone I look directly in their eyes.

Just me??

I can't look at people in the eyes...it makes me very uneasy for some reason. I always look a bit to the side onto their cheeks or mouth so I'm still looking at them.

Maybe some people you talk to have the same issue.

This happens to me alot as well!

Whenever i have an active zit or something and im talking to my friend, he will constanly put his eyes on it, IT DRIVES ME CRAZY TOO!!

It's one thing if they can't look me in the eye, it's another if they're playing the visual version of Connect the Spots during a conversation. How rude!

If we want them to stop staring at our acne, we might have to get these :cool: :

I don't really have acne any more but still this drives me nuts. When I do have active acne I HATE when people constantly look at it and not in my eyes. It makes my mind run wild and I can't have a normal conversation. Now that I am mostly clear I ALWAYS make sure when I am speaking to someone I look directly in their eyes.

Just me??

No I always do that :) I always make sure they look me in the eye. Makes me feel professional.

no i think most people are like this. i find myself looking at other people's acne, not purposefully.. but just because i'm talking to them. never think it's gross or distracting. actually, i never really think much of acne. but then again, it's because i have it and it's just no big deal when i see it on others.

no i think most people are like this. i find myself looking at other people's acne, not purposefully.. but just because i'm talking to them. never think it's gross or distracting. actually, i never really think much of acne. but then again, it's because i have it and it's just no big deal when i see it on others.

Sometimes I look at just to see if they are anything like me. Most of the time I never care if someones got it bad. The only time I don't really look others in the eye is if they have a huge whitehead. Next to that, though, Im pretty good.

Humans just can't help it..

btw you shouldn't force yourself to make eye contact with someone, these things gotta happen naturally.

Just me??

It's definitely not just you. I hate when people purposely avoid looking at me. It's funny because I remember going out to dinner with my sister and she looked in my eye almost the whole time. It was a nice change. But it made me think. My sister looks at me because she knows me and is comfortable. Maybe some people are too insecure themselves or maybe they just don't like eye contact eye together. It guess it varies, and you have to figure out which the person is doing. Mabye it has nothing to do with your acne at all. Just a thought. :]

Guest pokemonster
I can't look at people in the eyes...it makes me very uneasy for some reason. I always look a bit to the side onto their cheeks or mouth so I'm still looking at them.

yea, op, some ppl just cant look into eyes of other ppl. however there r different ppl too and i understand how annoying it is when they obviously examine your face and..even try to get nearer to observe details better? ;/ and yes srsly..

just me? >>'

yea, op, some ppl just cant look into eyes of other ppl. however there r different ppl too and i understand how annoying it is when they obviously examine your face and..even try to get nearer to observe details better? ;/ and yes srsly..

just me? >>'

I cant look into ppl's eye when i talk to them, i usually try to turn to something else as i talk to them but still try not to appear rude at the same time it hard.

I usually do tno look at ppl's eye when i speak to them, but acne has made that more frequent.

Once i bend down to tie my shoes as a friend was talking to me, b/c i didnt want her to see my scars. I still talked to her, but while i was fiddling with my shoe.

Life sucks and i am constantly self concoius, but then again when i compare my self to other human beings, I stick out. I can help but feel different in a bad way.

You realise this has nothing to do with your acne? lol Its a natural human thing...It's very uncomfortable to look into somebodys eyes for to long, no matter how beautiful they are. So people look else where with there eyes, and this is actually a skill. Some people do it very effectivly, where they will look at the floor when they are thinking etc however some people dont really do it that well, and will just look around your face, so I guess its paranoia...

The worst thing is when people scratch at or touch their own face where your acne is. ARGGH hate that!!

I totally agree.