Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aelita18

Shipping to Japan/Expiration for BP

I am leaving in August for a year long stay in Japan, so I have a few questions which I hope some of you can answer.

I would like to have the Cleanser and the Treatment during my stay in Japan, but how long do these products last before they expire?

Do you recommend bringing the 16oz bottles into Japan, and then ordering more once I arrive? I checked the shipping restrictions and it didn't mention Japan, so I'm assuming shipping there would be possible.

Or would a better choice be to go with the travel kits already available?

Any help/advice on this would be great! thanks!

I recommend taking all your regimen supplies with you. Make sure you wrap them in plastic bags so that if they leak under pressure your clothes will be safe.

The moisturizer and BP bottles have expiration dates on the bottom. My cleanser has no date (I guess it probably lasts just about forever).

I ordered my 16 oz. moisturizer forever ago, and it doesn't expire until 08/12. I guess it's probably good for about 2 years. My BP is already expired, but I ordered it a loooong time ago and I only use it for spot treatment now. My guess is one year, but maybe someone else will be able to confirm that.

I'd check how much you're allowed to bring into Japan and take as much as possible, as that'll save you the shipping costs. As for the expiration date: the cleanser doesn't expire, the following applies to BP: "Unopened product is good for two years from date of manufacture. The expiration date is printed on the bottom of the bottle. Once opened, use within 6 months for best results." (http://www.danielkern.com/help_answer.asp?ID=17#153)

Have a great time in Japan!

eta: Minty Peas beat me...I had to look up the link :D Great tip about wrapping them in plastic bags!