Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

Anybody here been on the regimen for over 2 years?

I was on the regimen for 8 months in 08-09. It worked great the first few months. I didnt have a new zit on my face for 2 months but after that my skin started getting used to BP and I started to break out again. Incidentally, I increased my dosage (using it twice a day instead of once) and found it surprising that the increase of dosage did not help at all.

After 8 months of usage, I stopped using it. I gradually decreased my dosage for 2 weeks and eventually stopped using it altogether. After I gave it up, my skin did not break out any more than it did when I was 5-8 months into using it.

Anyone here still using it for 2+ years and still having positive results?

Anybody? I remember Dan advertising that your skin cannot become immune to BP but it certainly stopped working for me

Been using the regimen since October 2005. Exactly as DK recommends - two full pumps of BP (at least) twice per day. Gentle cleansing. Gentle and thorough application of BP gel. Gentle application of moisturizer. Bingo. My skin has been largely clear since Jan 2006 and only flares up when I skimp on the regimen, such as using less BP or only applying BP once per day.

Ive been using it for just over 2 years, I only use one pump once at night, in the morning I use salicylic acid, I found that its more about keeping your skin clean and washing your face right and keeping your pores clean

Guest T.M.

I've been on it 10 years and for the most part its done the job for me. I used to party a lot and would miss applying the regimen for a day or two (sometimes more) and would pay the price a few weeks down the line. I've also stopped it a few times with disastrous results.

I did stop a few months ago and grew a beard and only used honey as a cleanser. I barely broke out until I started shaving again and washing with a cleanser again. Its got me thinking and I've started to read up on ph balance and stuff.

hey, i notice u said u accidently increased your dosage to twice a day and it stopped working? well you are supposed to be always using it twice a day. well perhaps you broke out because u hadnt been using it enough the previous weeks. acne takes about 7 weeks to develope. you should have stuck to the twice a day 1 full finger length application for at least 10 weeks before saying it doesnt work.

I used for 6 months, and I was totally clear. I quit after that because I wanted to see if it would stay away. It didnt. I am back on tbe BP now after 6 months of break.

It is true that your body can't get "used" to BP. I'm a med student so I'll share a little insight for you guys.

Things like BP, or Purell (the antimicrobial gel) and alcohol (which is main ingredient of Purell) kill germs by lysing(scientific way of saying, "making them explode by poking holes in them"). In a sense...you can NEVER gain resistance to them (so use them without worry). Antibiotics and antibacterial lotions/soaps on the other hand, don't work this way, they contain antibiotic molecules that may or may not fit into a receptor on the germ, if it hits the receptor, the germ may or may not lyse because it might change its genetics and kick out antibiotics.....

anyways....

I've been on the regimen for 5 years. I only use it once a day now at nighttime. in the morning I just use the cleanser and put the moisturizer on right away...thats it, and i use sunscreen on top of that if i have to go outside.

I could prob get away with this now that I'm 27, hormones are prob a bit different when I was breaking out like crazy when I was 21 :0)