Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
austinda

Starting the Regimen tonight! Any tips? (PICTURES)

Lol awe thank you :) Oh, simply because I am not technologically savy and didn't know that there was such a section! Lol. Well, I usually don't put enough to get a rash...I have put BP on spots for years. But I will definitely keep that in mind because you never know! Thanks for the tip! :D

Putting some more on shouldn't hurt too much but when you're at it people tend to put it on again and again because especially when on a regimen you might be prone to thoughts like "I'm putting this sh*t all over my face every day, why doesn't it go away?".

Needless to say that creates unnecessary irritation and since you're already having BP on your skin 24/7 it doesn't even help as much I'd say. At least that's my experience.

Why hello! First off, your really pretty and you have nice skin! haha well with that being said, here's a little about me: I'm a 19 year old guy that had great skin (like baby skin. I really miss it haha) up til last year( it was soooo bad!) . I went on dan's regimen on Jan 1st, and i can say it was the best decision I've ever made. I'm 90% clear now. i love it.

Jojoba oil: I never used it. I was too scared to honestly, and I didn't wanna risk having a bad breakout from it.

Flaking: I flak REAL bad up til about the 2 month mark. then it gradually goes away to no flakes. I haven't had a single flake in weeks. It just takes mad patience haha.

Acne: I really started clearing up around the end of the 3rd month, and By mid may I was being complemented on my skin! you'll have your ups and downs, but stick with it! you'll be stoked you did :)

Basically all I'm driving at is that it really just takes time for your skin to get used to the cleanser, BP and moisturizer.

p.s. oh! I almost forgot! you may be experiencing "purging" right now. I went through that little fad about my 2nd week into it. Just don't too discouraged about it.

there's light at the end of the tunnel! I promise.

feel free to throw any questions you may have my way.

Best of luck!!

FatBatKiller, thank you so much for that comment!!! It made my day :) haha. Yeah, jojoba scares me a bit...I have used it to take my eye make up off...and a little by my eyebrows...and that's about it...it scares me too much, lol. Oh! I also use it in my leg moisturizer and I love it. I'm glad I bought something that I can actually use, even if I'm using it not necessarily for it's original intended purpose, lol. Yes, I do hope the flaking subsides! It's awful. Some days I feel its pretty under control. Then the next day I'm so frustrated because I'm just flaking everywhere!

Yeah, I assumed it was a bit of purging. It's mostly clogged pores, which I'm guessing is the BP getting all that gunk out there :rolleyes: which is definitely good, but it also takes some patience of course!

Thank you so much for your ocmments and insight! I will be sure to ask you if I have anymore questions! :D I'm so glad it worked for you and congrats!

Looks like your making some good progress! I'm on week four of the regimen, and this is the first week I've used dans bp and oh my gosh i love his bp. I was getting dark skin, but I noticed when I changed moisturizers (i am now using cetephil restoraderm) I stopped getting so dark and flakey. My neck itches a lot less, and I have also been taking off my makeup at night with olive oil, so that has also helped with the flakeys, and I am planning on switching to jojoba oil when I run out and see how that goes. I have noticed how clean the pores are on my nose since doing the regimen! I have also started using most of my bp on my cheeks where I get my big cystic acne, and then I spread whats left on my hands on my nose, forehead, around my mouth I do last, so I'm not drying out those areas where I don't break out much anyway. Thanks for sharing your progress! I need to update my blog and photos bad lol.

Thanks! I know his BP is absolutely wonderful :) Can sting a bit, but it's good, lol. Yes, I'm using most of the BP on my cheeks as well! Yeah, jojoba scares me, but if it works for you (which, it does work for many people!) I think that is fantastic. Good luck on your journey! :D

Day 11: Night

UGH. So, growing a pimple on my forehead...where I haven't had one in a long time. Depressed :( ugh. It's probably from not eating well. I iced it...but that's about all I can do for now. The two clogged pores on my right cheek are officially white heads...but I didn't pop them! I'm so proud, lol. Less red, still pretty flakey. That's about it. Sad about the one on my forehead :/ ugh.

Night all :D

Day 12: Morning

Kind of upset today. Boo. I have two new pimples on my forehead :( I know why, too (I think). I think when I don't eat the best, that's where I break out. I'm pretty sure. I have noticed that recently, but I have also noticed that if I eat something bad every once in a while, it's usually okay. it's just this weekend I went out to dinner twice and went on a mini roadtrip, so I didn't eat as I should have..

So, that sucks. My clogged pores on my right cheek are officially white heads (as I stated before) and I still haven't touched them! Go me, haha. That is some kind of record.

Overall, kind of depressed today. Really bummed about the two on my forehead.

Alright, ttyl all :D

Now I have 3...count them 3 PIMPLES ON MY FOREHEAD! What the freak? Ugh. It's from bad food I'm pretty sure. Pissed.

Day 12: Night

So, new bumps :snooty: I am not a happy camper. However, my skin is always calm and not red at night...why can't it be like this during the DAY!? Hm, I wonder why this is? Probably just less movement, it has time to calm down, etc.

So, hopefully these pass fast (but, might not).

Week 2 is definitely a tough one.

Night all! :D

post-151316-1308721149_thumb.jpg

post-151316-1308721149_thumb.jpg

Edited by austinda

Day 13: Morning

So, got up late for work again. I obviously need a new alarm clock, lol. So I rushed a little bit this morning with the regimen...but I went really slow when applying BP. I was also SUPER flakey this morning. I was, again, probably a little too rough with my face. It's very difficult being gentle when you're trying to get flakes off of your face, haha. I think I might start taking showers at night, because my face seems to be less red when I just wash my face in the sink instead of in the shower. I don't know though, haven't truly decided. Well, that's it for now. I need to be more gentle :rolleyes:

Alright, work calls! :D

Haha, updating once again! ;)

Here is me today. Face is super, super red :/

I wasn't red this morning...so I literally don't know what it is from. I was outside at lunch, but I was wearing a huge floppy hat and it is mostly cloudy (yes I know you can still get burnt from this).

Might need to experiment with jojoba more...or start slowly incorporating Cetaphil sunscreen with my moisturizer in the morning.

I can't take it! I'm not red all day...just at the most random freakin times...wth?!

post-151316-1308773509_thumb.jpg

post-151316-1308773509_thumb.jpg

Edited by austinda

Hey guys! If anyone is still out there, lol. I have moved my progress over to my blog. Check it out! :D

Cheers,

austinda

heyy, it's me again! I know that when I was starting out, I'd always love when people posted up pics of themselves after they were on though the regimen for some time. soooo, I thought that i'd post up some photos of myself to be a tad encouraging to you.

little reminders! I had terrible acne (around 15 rather large spots at a time) starting in Sep 2010. I went on Dan's regimen on Jan 1st 2011. So this is 6+ months in.

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af116/u...6-22at20273.jpg

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af116/u...6-22at20272.jpg

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af116/u...6-22at20285.jpg

I'm pretty sunburnt from work today, so you'll have to forgive me there haha

lmk if it works n stuff.

Edited by FatBatKiller

That is SO great FatBatKiller! Your skin looks fantastic! :D Thank you for the support and reassurance. I definitely needed it tonight!

That's not super red. That's more like minor to moderate red. When I first used BP virtually my whole face was bright vivid red. I looked like I'd gone mad and applied blusher with a trowel. What you have is about what I'd expect anyone with pretty much normal (not naturally dry) skin to have in the early stages of the regimen.

It does ease up over time.

Thank you mrfunk and Melie87!!!! You guys are great! :)

I updated my blog, check it out! :)

(I got two new guys, one on my good cheek and one by my lip, pffft :doh:

Your skin is flawless, I think you're in the wrong forum.

Edited by Snail

I do have acne Snail, but thank you. Most of it is just mastered make up. But thanks again.

So I have a question. I took a nap at work today and tried to stay off of my face and sleep on my back, but I think I rested some on my left cheek. Now I have a random red mark on my left cheek and it's been hours and it hasn't gone away yet. It doesn't hurt or feel like a lump, but is this the beginnings of a new pimple? :( Ugh if it is I am going to be so mad. This would be like the 5th one in the last two days...