Notifications
Clear all

Anyone in AUSTRALIA?

MemberMember
(@violet-fire)

Posted : 06/09/2011 11:08 pm

What are all the Aussies using? where do you buy the products?

I'm about to try a low GI diet, Neutrogena cleanser and clear gel. I'll see how that goes.

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 06/10/2011 12:02 am

Hi! :D When I was doing Dan's regimen, I used Benzac AC 2.5% BP, Cetaphil's gentle cleanser and Neutrogena's oil-free moisturizer. You should be able to get all that stuff from chemists and supermarkets. Wouldn't get any higher percentage of the BP, that stuff drills even at 5%.

MemberMember
(@violet-fire)

Posted : 06/13/2011 9:22 pm

Hi! :D When I was doing Dan's regimen, I used Benzac AC 2.5% BP, Cetaphil's gentle cleanser and Neutrogena's oil-free moisturizer. You should be able to get all that stuff from chemists and supermarkets. Wouldn't get any higher percentage of the BP, that stuff drills even at 5%.

Hi, Thanks Gutterflower!

Did that regimen work for you? I'm just trying neutrogena clear gel at the moment, no improvement yet.. it doesn't contain BP so if this doesn't work I'll try a gel with it in.

MemberMember
(@abigailwheeler)

Posted : 06/14/2011 4:18 am

Where in Aus are you? When I lived in Perth I used Clean and Clear products. The on the spot four hour gel is quite good :)

MemberMember
(@rq77)

Posted : 06/14/2011 7:46 am

I can't stop listening to winning days by the vines. My favourite band. Only discovered them a few months back! :D

MemberMember
(@violet-fire)

Posted : 06/14/2011 6:33 pm

Where in Aus are you? When I lived in Perth I used Clean and Clear products. The on the spot four hour gel is quite good :)

I'm from Sydney :)

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 06/14/2011 8:04 pm

Adelaide here. :)

It did work, but it didn't clear me up completely and I couldn't wear makeup over it. I'm way too self-conscious about my skin to not wear makeup. I guess I'm kind of hoping I can get to the absolute root of my acne instead of just putting stuff on top of it.

MemberMember
(@abigailwheeler)

Posted : 06/16/2011 5:00 am

I want to say that Australian girls are SO beautiful. You are all a bunch of super models :)

MemberMember
(@ellinas)

Posted : 06/16/2011 8:07 am

I guess I'm kind of hoping I can get to the absolute root of my acne instead of just putting stuff on top of it.

This!

Been applying BP 5% for about a month now and it's clearing, slowly but surely.

There's so many variables that's it's near impossible to find out for sure. Some things I've noticed:

• I don't eat as much dairy now, living in a family who are Greeks it's been hard lol.
  • Switched to a two blade razor for shaving.
  • Having a bath once a week so I know all the excess oil/skin particles are removed without the pressure of wasting water.

This is the BP I've been getting (see link). Been applying it once a day (after I have a shower at night). I wake up too late to do it in the morning :(.

I haven't removed many things from my life, just limited. Working so far ... Face has nearly cleared up 100% just the odd red patch now. Now just got neck and back to work on :P.

I've never suffered from any of the effects that other people are having from BP. My skin is hardly dry and it hasn't started peeling yet.

PS. I'm about 20mins away from Byron Bay :D.

MemberMember
(@clearskiesahead)

Posted : 07/04/2011 10:12 am

Hi guys,

What moisturiser are you using for the Regimen?; and

Would you recommend it?

MemberMember
(@misthomy)

Posted : 11/20/2011 3:11 am

1.5L water daily (trying to at least...)

Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser

Benzac AC Gel 2.5%

Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion

Hamilton Sunscreen SPF 30+ Everyday Face Moisturising Cream

MemberMember
(@ominous1)

Posted : 11/22/2011 7:24 pm

I don't think I'd go Benzac. Compared to Dan's stuff, for the small amount of product, it's very expensive. I use 2.5% while I'm waiting and around the peak of the regimen you're using like a tube a week. Definitely import it, it only takes about 2 weeks, and with the high Aussie $ it's good value for money. Otherwise I use Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, and AHA + as a moisturiser, or Jojoba Oil.

MemberMember
(@shinataro)

Posted : 02/22/2012 9:53 am

I'm using Cetaphil products for cleanser and moisturiser used to use benzac for benzoyl peroxide but I've stopped since it caused some noticeable ageing.Also since I've stopped using benzoyl my acne has also stopped.But for the occasional small pimple I'll use neutrogena spot treatment which works pretty well.

MemberMember
(@siphco)

Posted : 02/23/2012 4:39 am

What is the AHA product you guys use? i want to get some but no idea where to start

MemberMember
(@onepissedpenguin)

Posted : 03/22/2012 12:22 am

I'm in Melbourne, and I've been on the regimen as Dan described for about 8 years now, and (when I keep it up) it has always proven to be effective. Some tips for me:

1. Don't bother trying to find BP in Aus, just import Dan's product - it's way cheaper and for me the largest 16oz bottle lasts me about 5-6 months. To illustrate how much cheaper: one of my ex-flatmates left a tiny little bottle of some 10% gel he'd found in the cupboard - enough for maybe two applications - it has a sticker on it for $35!

2. I heard that a lot of cleansers/moisturisers etc are often made to work together, so try to use products from the same company. I use Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser - awesome for shaving and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean, and Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturiser with SPF 15. Those are the three products (incl. BP) that I've used for many years and every time I switch I find myself going back to these exact three.

3. I've recently found that using Clindamycin solution (used to be called "Dalacin T" back in NZ?) as a spot treatment right after the BP works quite well to clear me up faster, though I often apply it to the most prone areas as well as just existing spots. Recommended.

That's the basic regimen for me. Other than that just make sure you clean your sheets quite often - especially pillows.

I only have one unresolved issue for which I'm currently searching for a solution: I go camping in the Grampians etc quite a lot, nearly every weekend and I find that is the only thing that messes with the regimen (can't wash properly when there is no running water!). It is usually OK if I do a proper regimen on friday night before leaving and another on sunday night when I get back, but leaving it much more than that causes a break out a few days later.

MemberMember
(@aussie-taz)

Posted : 04/13/2012 4:43 am

I tried cetaphill cleanser and moisturisers, but they stung like crazy, even after I'd gotten used to BP, and in the days when I wasn't using BP or epiduo. Plus, cetaphill feels like it's 100% synthetic, that freak me out a little, and it leaves me dry and tight.

Olay is the brand from woolies or priceline I've tried that works well. The cream cleanser for blemish prone skin feels amazing. It doesn't lather, but it does remove all your makeup. The Olay complete defence SPF15+ moisturiser with 2-3 drops of Jojoa added work well. I get my Jojoba wholesale as I'm an aromatherapist, but the stuff from Mrs. Flannery's works well. For the before bed-time, I leave out the moisturiser, and use 5 drops of 3% Damask rose essential oil in Jojoba. It's oily as hell to start with, but absorbs within an hour, and leaves your skin smooth as a baby's butt.

P.S. I'm a Gold Coast girl, but I don't have a tan ;)

I forgot, for the sunscreen, try the Australian Cancer Council's "Active" Sunscreen. Look for the grey packaging. It's straight-up amazing.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/17/2012 7:09 pm

Brisbane girl here :)

Yeah I also use BenzacAC gel - which I get from my pharmacy. I've been switching between the 2.5% and 5% strengths. It's the only BP product I know of that comes in a slightly larger size - most seem to come as 'spot treament' size tubes (if that makes sense). You still go through the BenzacAC tube pretty fast though if you were following the regimen.

I've also been using the cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser. I love that the cetaphil cleanser is gentle but I do find it can sting if I've used a lot of BP and am washing it off (at the end of the day). I don't love the moisturiser - it's a little to thick and still makes my skin feel a little too oily at times. It's good when you have really dry skin though.

MemberMember
(@missree)

Posted : 05/03/2012 10:42 am

Just started this regimen and its really working well for me so far.

I live in Perth, at Priceline they have the Cetaphil cleanser for Oily/Acne prone skin, Benzac 2.5% and Cetaphil moisturiser in a pack for $30 so I bought that. I also have the Olay complete defence with UV for sensitive skin.

Morning: cleanse and Olay moisturiser (don't have enough time for BP in the morning, I wake up at 3am for work)

Night: cleanse, BP and Cetaphil moisturiser

Every now and then my skin gets a little dry so I got jojoba oil from the health food shop. Works well for me too

MemberMember
(@rachel80)

Posted : 05/14/2012 12:24 am

I lived in Australia before, its a beautiful country

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 05/15/2012 3:54 am

Bega nsw here!

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 05/24/2012 11:12 pm

Bega nsw here!

Hey man feels weird randomly finding someone here from the same town that I spent 7 years of my childhood at.

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 05/25/2012 1:34 am

Really? wow that is a SMALL world....

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/24/2012 10:43 pm

I'm in Perth and started following the regimen 10 months ago using cetaphil cleanser & moisturiser, and using Benzac. But i found it to be so much more expensive using benzac once I was using the full dose that Dan recommends (around a tube a week), and so I ordered acne.org products and I have to say that Dan's BP completely rocks compared to benzac. It goes on so smoothly, soaks right in and doesnt leave a pasty residue. Its totally worth the shipping costs (expecially if you buy in bulk) and works out cheaper because of the quantity of BP used in the regimen.

MemberMember
(@samtrois)

Posted : 10/31/2012 8:54 pm

I also used to use benzac which was costing a fortune, buying only one of the largest (472ml) DKR BP treatment or AHA costs just under $50, which is about the cost of 3-4 tubes of benzac, but you get about 9x the amount of BP.

Then the AHA, the SkinDoctors Gamma Hydroxy I tried was even more expensive (I think 1 bottle of DKR AHA+ costs less than a 50ml jar)

I do use cetaphil clenser and moisturiser though, seem to be able to buy them large enough to get good value, but for the BP and AHA it is definitely worth buying from here.

MemberMember
(@orangegirl)

Posted : 11/08/2012 11:50 pm

Hi, Im in Melbourne.

Will there be anyone who would like to order Daniel Kern's regimen together to save postage fee?