Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cadillac

Retin-A Journey

Introduction

Hello. I am a sufferer of Acne. I'm sure you saw that if you read the Topic Description. I am going to log my experiences with Retin-A vs Acne. For a note, I am going to try a new combo against Acne. I am going to use Retin-A once a night every other night. On the days where I do not use Retin-A, I will use my standard Micro-Benzoyl Peroxide once in the morning, and once during the night. Additionally, I will be using a Clean & Clear acne wash during the mid-day(lunch). My goal is to create a combo against Acne. When you think about it, this is war(analogy). Acne is trying to take over your skin and you declared war.

Acne Status: Moderate & Active

IB Status: Not Active

Log Status: Active

Product Use

Clean & Clear - 3-in-1 Foaming Acne Wash

AcneFree - (Severe) Scar Fade & Erase

AcneFree - (Moderate) Clear Skin System

Prescription - Retin-A (Tretinoin) .025

Terms

IB - Initial Breakout

BR - Micro-Benzoyl Peroxide

CC - Clean & Clear 3 in 1 Foaming Acne Wash

CS - AcneFree Clear Skin System

RA - Retin-A

SR - AcneFree Scar Removal

Log

Day 1: 6/9/11 (Thursday)

This was my first day of using RA. My skin isn't irritated at all, nor it is dry, or peeling. It's actually rather oily. I'm hoping that is just the lotion and not my skin making it. There are no effects right now. Tomorrow I'll be using CS and CC.

Day 2: 6/10/11 (Friday)

I used BR this morning. I used it at around 6 or 7 too. I haven't noticed anything bad. The few bumps I had dried overnight and went down drastically. The areas where I never get acne(cheeks) seem to be softer. No oil there. I am a little more oily than normal. I decided to use BR in the morning to keep the IB away. I noticed a few small bumps surfacing on my nose. Nothing BR can't handle. The only peeling is on my current bumps. My skin is used to being dry from using BR and CC so I can't imagine that would become a major issue. My skin is not sensitive at all so I imagine this should be easy. The only place I noticed signs of the IB is on my nose. Those tiny bumps. Everywhere else is clearing up fortunately. Hopefully my nose is the only place I will have to worry about.

Day 3: 6/11/11 (Saturday)

Today I gave my skin a break. I used BR in the morning and BR at night. Slight peeling and my skin is kind of dry. I figured I needed a break from the Retin-A. Less oily today but still oily. The BR is fighting the bumps on my nose perfectly. I am getting peeling where I have bumps. The Retin-A dried those up and now they're peeling. Good Day.

Edited by Cadillac

Good luck, the benzoyl peroxide should help combat the initial breakout if you experience one (not everyone does). My skin also felt rather oily when I first applied the Retin A, but it started drying and peeling around day 4 I believe. Maybe it'll take longer for you since you are using it every other night. I'll be checking back here to see your updates.

Hello,

I'm interested in how your progress is coming along. I just, very reluctantly, and with great anxiety, started the process of using Retisol A 0.05% to fight my my very persistant adult acne. It's nice to hear how others are doing.

Hello,

I'm interested in how your progress is coming along. I just, very reluctantly, and with great anxiety, started the process of using Retisol A 0.05% to fight my my very persistant adult acne. It's nice to hear how others are doing.

Retin-a worked for me. I've been using it for 2 years now or probably more. I feel my skin got smoother but I'm still fighting some acne on my oily forehead. Trying to find a new way to make this work :/

Edited by Guest

How long does it take usually for people to get an initial outbreak from Retin A? I am on day 2 of using it and have noticed any extra breaking out yet.

i will be watching your log as i am interested in trying retin-a if my current regimen fails (looking likely :doh: )