Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's over the counter, and you can find it at your local vitamin store for under 6 dollars. Comes in tea and tablet form. Its common uses are for anxiety and insomnia, also found as an alternative to benzodiazapines such as Xanax and Valium.

However this made me think of the stress side in acne and how it affects us all. Let's think of it this way;

• More/Better Sleep
  • Relaxation

Now if you lack the above that is stated, it's most likely that you have more stress resulting in more acne.

I'm deciding to give this a go for six weeks(suggested use), as not only do I have an acne problem but an anxiety problem as well.

Edited by Nostradamus

I took valerian root before. It says to take 4 pills at night, that's a lot of pills lol. Not only that, but I never felt any effect..

I took valerian root before. It says to take 4 pills at night, that's a lot of pills lol. Not only that, but I never felt any effect..

Well, it's a sedative so you had to go to sleep sooner or later, plus you probobly don't have any anxiety. That may have caused you not to notice anything, but in reality it was probobly helping you out in the long run.

Guest pokemonster

dunno dude, but for me personally valerian is useless for sleep and anxiety. id drink superconcentrated valerian tea but be energetic as ever if i am so at that moment anywayz. maybe helps a bit with stress tho :shrug: but im not sure too...ive been using it for pretty long times in a row too btw :T

dunno dude, but for me personally valerian is useless for sleep and anxiety. id drink superconcentrated valerian tea but be energetic as ever if i am so at that moment anywayz. maybe helps a bit with stress tho :shrug: but im not sure too...ive been using it for pretty long times in a row too btw :T

I see, so you get the opposite of what it is supposed to accomplish. I'm taking my first dose tonight, and I will see what happens.

valerian root is named after me :) jk lol

i should get that for my sister...she has insomnia and stays up all night keeping me up by making noise blah >< =P

valerian root is named after me :) jk lol

i should get that for my sister...she has insomnia and stays up all night keeping me up by making noise blah >< =P

Haha nice ; )

Yeah you should look into getting it, should be good for insomnia. What noises though? (lol)

melatonin works better for me, but my husband responds better to Valerian root!

Ah yes, melatonin. Although i'm not quite sure if it benefits at all towards anxiety, more so sleep.