Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My heart just sank into my stomach when I looked at myself in the mirror. I have no zits really but my complexion is entirely ruined because all my pores are clogged. Its the most disgusting thing ever. I literally have small white bumps everywhere and its just ugh! It makes me want to cry. And now I have to go to NY and meet the Italian side of my family. Freaking brilliant I can't wait to be known as the ugly child. We can't refund the tickets even though I just want to stay home in bed and cry. Im way to much of a wussy to kill myself but I've been praying to die young. I don't know why because I gave up on thinking God ever loved me. Its just awful. My whole face is covered in small dots everywhere and some of them you can pick at forever but they don't go! I don't know what o do anymore :( I can't live a normal 15 year old live. Brilliant. Time to go be made fun of by airport security.

Hang in there. We all have struggled with acne, and I know what it feels like to visit friends and family who have to see you like this, and let me tell you that they will like you for who you are and not your skin problems.

Try to enjoy your stay in NY ; )

Hang in there. We all have struggled with acne, and I know what it feels like to visit friends and family who have to see you like this, and let me tell you that they will like you for who you are and not your skin problems.

Try to enjoy your stay in NY ; )

Thank you its just sooo hard to clear clogged pores

I felt the same when i was a teen, that everybody was looking at my spotty complexion and i was ugly. Now I'm ten years older i realise nobody gives a stuff that some teenager has spots or a bad complexion... and they're probably enrolled in actually dealing with their own life problems. If they actually do care, why should you give a stuff about idiots like that?.

Acne and bad complexion conditions are psychologically damaging, my advice is talk to somebody you love and trust then get yourself off to the Doctor to see what can be done for your skin...Find something youre good at, or want to do... and do it!!....it will build your confidence.

Come on, Elaina, don't be saying things like that. You said yourself that it's getting better and you've gotten through it being worse, so think positively.

I can totally understand the anxiety of meeting new people, first impressions and all that, but the truth is that people look past our skin and so on within seconds as long as we appear happy and show some confidence. You can do it.

Focus on the trip, appreciate the experience, and enjoy the adventure. I promise you, if you put it to the back of your mind and go and have fun, you'll be too busy having a good time to pay attention to your skin. And as you've seen, reducing the amount of negative attention you give your skin, limiting the picking and so, helps its condition improve.

:)

Come on, Elaina, don't be saying things like that. You said yourself that it's getting better and you've gotten through it being worse, so think positively.

I can totally understand the anxiety of meeting new people, first impressions and all that, but the truth is that people look past our skin and so on within seconds as long as we appear happy and show some confidence. You can do it.

Focus on the trip, appreciate the experience, and enjoy the adventure. I promise you, if you put it to the back of your mind and go and have fun, you'll be too busy having a good time to pay attention to your skin. And as you've seen, reducing the amount of negative attention you give your skin, limiting the picking and so, helps its condition improve.

:)

I know it just looked so clear and then I saw how disgusting my pores were and I wanted to crawl in a ball and die.

I know the feeling, it sucks :{ Even if I have no pimples iv got red marks and my skin is very pale and it just has weird colors all over the place.

went to the mall today with no makeup on and was in the bathroom and lordy lordy those lights made me look WAY worse than I did at home :doh:

I know it sucks...but eventually it'll get better...everyones got insecurities even if their face is perfect...they hate their nose, their thighs, their stomach, their teeth.

I know the feeling, it sucks :{ Even if I have no pimples iv got red marks and my skin is very pale and it just has weird colors all over the place.

went to the mall today with no makeup on and was in the bathroom and lordy lordy those lights made me look WAY worse than I did at home :doh:

I know it sucks...but eventually it'll get better...everyones got insecurities even if their face is perfect...they hate their nose, their thighs, their stomach, their teeth.

Haha yeah Im going to a hotel soon.... oh the lighting!

I made parents switch all my bathroom/bedroom lights to a dim settings in my home (lol). So when I went out into a bathroom, my skin looked way worse.

Oh Ella. Honey, I'm sorry. You are so so pretty though. I really wish you could see what other people see. You have the prettiest eyes and cool hair and great features and no one can ever take that from you. You will never ever be ugly. The truth is you are so young that you may very well grow out of the skin problems soon. It makes me sad to hear you hurting like this. Some of your words sound so familiar though. I've prayed to die young too. Sometimes, I feel so unattractive, my skin could be radiantly flawless and I'd still find things about myself to dislike. I know how it feels to worry about what other people will think. I feel like the first thing they will notice is whatever flaw I'm focusing on. But, look at what we think, I saw your picture and immediately thought you were pretty, I was kind of a little jealous of you actually. I doubt most people are thinking the things you are thinking about yourself.

You have a bright future ahead of you, you can get through this. Trust me, your family and friends love you for you. I've struggled with my faith in God at times during my life, because of many things, feeling like He doesn't really love me or care about me because He allowed these problems in my life. But, He's also allowed good things in my life, like the people here, my family, my friends, my cat, etc. and He promises that the problems I'm going through now are nothing compared to the good things He will reveal later (Romans 8:18, Romans 8:35-38). I don't know how to explain it but as I'm struggling and hurting and doubting and wondering if God cares about me, somehow God's love is starting to seem even more real, like He's speaking deeply into my heart. If He wants anything to do with me and I'm a brat, then He definitely still loves you.

"Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you! See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands." -Isaiah 49:15-16

Italians are no strangers to this skin disorder, it's quite common amongst them. Plus, they're family! They're not going like you any less because of it.

Clogged pores are the most mild out of papules,pustules,cysts,and other things discussed on this site...they're really not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be. Sometimes we get hyper-focused on a flaw and the issue becomes more severe than it actually is in our eyes.

Oh Ella. Honey, I'm sorry. You are so so pretty though. I really wish you could see what other people see. You have the prettiest eyes and cool hair and great features and no one can ever take that from you. You will never ever be ugly. The truth is you are so young that you may very well grow out of the skin problems soon. It makes me sad to hear you hurting like this. Some of your words sound so familiar though. I've prayed to die young too. Sometimes, I feel so unattractive, my skin could be radiantly flawless and I'd still find things about myself to dislike. I know how it feels to worry about what other people will think. I feel like the first thing they will notice is whatever flaw I'm focusing on. But, look at what we think, I saw your picture and immediately thought you were pretty, I was kind of a little jealous of you actually. I doubt most people are thinking the things you are thinking about yourself.

You have a bright future ahead of you, you can get through this. Trust me, your family and friends love you for you. I've struggled with my faith in God at times during my life, because of many things, feeling like He doesn't really love me or care about me because He allowed these problems in my life. But, He's also allowed good things in my life, like the people here, my family, my friends, my cat, etc. and He promises that the problems I'm going through now are nothing compared to the good things He will reveal later (Romans 8:18, Romans 8:35-38). I don't know how to explain it but as I'm struggling and hurting and doubting and wondering if God cares about me, somehow God's love is starting to seem even more real, like He's speaking deeply into my heart. If He wants anything to do with me and I'm a brat, then He definitely still loves you.

"Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you! See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands." -Isaiah 49:15-16

Thank you for the reply Melissa. I always found it so cool when people can come up with bible verses. :P I was able to visit St.Paul's Cathedral today so that was a nice refresher.