Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnehelpplz

Help Finding Suitable Moisturizer

Hi everyone,

I have found both a suitable cleanser (purpose) and treatment (BP) that seems to be working in clearing my skin. However, i can't find the right moisturizer.

I have been using Cerave despite the fact that it irritates my skin and creates bright red circles around my eyes. My skin was also becoming so dry that I knew it was time for something different. I tried both Dan's new moisturizer and Cetaphil cream. The new moisturizer did not irritate my skin but seemed not to moisturize at all, no matter how many pumps i used. When i tried Cetaphil, my skin was moisturized the next day, but the Cetaphil irritated my skin much more than the Cerave.

Anyhow, my skin condition is very dry and extremely sensitive. I am looking for any moisturizer that will keep my skin moisturized and not irritate my skin. Price is a very small factor, and availability at a local drugstore is important but not necessary.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D

You could try mixing Dan's moisturizer with Cetaphil or Cerave or a teeny bit of Vaseline so you get the calming effect of Dan's moisturizer and the lasting moisturizing effect of whatever you want to mix in.

Thanks for the reply. I think any amount of cetaphil would give me a reaction though.

I tried using vanicream cream and lotion for about a week as well as cerave hydrating wash. The wash has seemed to significantly alleviate they dryness I was having. The vanicream moisturized well, and at first it seemed to be perfect. However, it has been giving me many small comedones and gave me a reaction after about a week. I need a good moisturizer for extremely sensitive skin. Please help! Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I think any amount of cetaphil would give me a reaction though.

I tried using vanicream cream and lotion for about a week as well as cerave hydrating wash. The wash has seemed to significantly alleviate they dryness I was having. The vanicream moisturized well, and at first it seemed to be perfect. However, it has been giving me many small comedones and gave me a reaction after about a week. I need a good moisturizer for extremely sensitive skin. Please help! Thanks

The Cetaphil cream used to irritate my skin too at first. It wasn't too bad, just red and itchy. After a couple of weeks once my skin got used to the BP then the cream also stopped irritating me. Cetaphil is supposed to be for sensitive skin, so if that irritates you then other moisturizers would probably do the same. Maybe try jojoba oil?

Thanks for the reply!

I do add jojoba oil to any moisturizer i use, and it is very helpful. I don't think its enough to be my primary moisturizer. I have tried building up a tolerance to cetaphil, but my face just stings more and more every time.

Well, I have now tried Moisturel (for sensitive skin). It immediately made my skin red and it burned. I cant believe i might have to quit the regimen because Dan's old moisturizer (the only thing that every worked) has been discontinued.

Guest T.M.

You could try DML Moisturizing Lotion. Its very moisturizing and not really greasy (nowhere near as greasy as Cetaphil) Not to sure how easy it is to come by at stores but the bottle is massive and lasts forever.

Hi everyone,

I have found both a suitable cleanser (purpose) and treatment (BP) that seems to be working in clearing my skin. However, i can't find the right moisturizer.

I have been using Cerave despite the fact that it irritates my skin and creates bright red circles around my eyes. My skin was also becoming so dry that I knew it was time for something different. I tried both Dan's new moisturizer and Cetaphil cream. The new moisturizer did not irritate my skin but seemed not to moisturize at all, no matter how many pumps i used. When i tried Cetaphil, my skin was moisturized the next day, but the Cetaphil irritated my skin much more than the Cerave.

Anyhow, my skin condition is very dry and extremely sensitive. I am looking for any moisturizer that will keep my skin moisturized and not irritate my skin. Price is a very small factor, and availability at a local drugstore is important but not necessary.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D

Hi :) i'm in the same situation as you when it comes to skin being super sensitive (my skin even reacts to pure Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil etc etc). I don't lie when i say i've spent around 2 years searching for a moisturizer that didnt bring me out in a rash. and finally i stumbled on one called Mint White Tea Moisturizer by 100 Percent Pure. http://www.100percentpure.co.uk/MINT-WHITE...RIZER-s/488.htm it's expensive and the bottle it comes in isnt huge either but after trying soooo many moisturizers and serums and lotions and potions, it's the ONLY one that causes me no problems. no redness/itching, no breakouts, no greasy look.

i'm really not sure if it's available to buy in the shops or not, sorry i can't help you there !, it might be in the USA as its an American made product but i've never seen it in any shops here in the UK.

they do different moisturizers with different ingredients but the Mint White Tea is the one that appeals to me most so i haven't tried the others. they might be worth you taking a look at.

hope this helps :)

Thanks so much for the help guys. I actually did come across DML when I was researching, so i will look more into that as well as the Mint White Tea Moisturizer. I just tried Udderly Smooth cream (made for cow's Utters), and, of course, that stung as well. I think I might be allergic to something. Thanks again for the responses!