Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
twinklebaby7888

[FINACEA] I hope it works! ^_^

Alo everyone!!

Sooo..a mini history of my "lovely" complexion- - Started getting acne at 12, went on accutane in 2003, I have rolling scars, hyperpigmentation AND rosacea! (It's a hot mess >.<)

ANYWHO.. I was put on Finacea. Today is my first day of use and I'm going to keep a photo diary and hopefully find a way to post the pics. I'm optimistic I really hope it works because I have no active acne just all around redness and I live in AZ so the 100 degree weather doesn't help!

Has anyone been on this med??? If anyone can give me any feedback or direct me to a different thread that discusses the topic I'd really appreciate it!!

THANKS!

Let's keep on fighting the good fight to clear skin! <3

Are you still putting up your photo diary?

Ello jdotp2010,

I have not kept a photo journal like I said because I didn't remind myself too much to keep track of my progress with pics because I cant find my camera usb cable so I was pretty bummed knowing even if I take pics I wont have a way to upload them onto the website so I pretty much forgot sorry. >.< & I'm short on cash to buy another one but hopefully I can order a new one asap. I'll take a pic today just so I can go back in a few months & see how far I've come and hopefully by then I'll be able to upload pics on here too!

[[uPDATE ON MY PROGRESS]]

*I'm two weeks into finacea and so far so good.

*I haven't suffered an IBO or any other bad reactions BESIDES dryness.

*My skin felt VERY scaly & dry for the past week and my complexion looked and felt uneven and rough. Thankfully I found some of Dan's jojoba oil and I oil cleansed with that yesterday and my skin feels awesome.

*At first when I applied the finacea it would burn and sting but I noticed last night since my skin was properly hydrated it didn't experience any irritation when I applied the finacea!

*Appearance-wise I can def. notice a difference. My skin looks brighter, feels nice n' soft, my pores look smaller and my hyper-pigmentation has calmed down as well! I encountered a little bump in the road the past week because my cream cleanser(generic of cetaphil) was drying out my skin but as of today since I JUST started oil cleansing my skin is happy!

I believe as long as I keep on oil cleansing and keep my skin hydrated I think I'll be able to see improvement! as of now I'm happy with finacea.

NOTE: My derm did warn me even cleansers like cetaphil might dry me out and she recommended Cerave products BUT since I know my skin and how it acts I've decided I'm going to stick with the jojoba oil because it not only gives moisture BUT exfoliates gently as well.

It's summer & I have plenty of free time now so I'll make sure to come on here every week or so for the next couple months and update on my progress.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask I'll be checking every few days!

[PROGRESS UPDATE]

Improvement!!!!!! My skin is starting to look much more even and less red!! Everything is going great with the jojoba oil and finacea. I'm even starting to get compliments too. My boyfriend is always so sweet and compliments me everyday but yesterday he even said how beautiful my skin looked. :) I'm very happy with how finacea is working on my skin and I hope by the time school starts I will just need a tinted moisturizer.

NOTE: Finacea is a pretty penny EVEN with med. insurance. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield and with my insurance it was going to be $160, but luckily my derm. work it out so I can just come pick up sample sizes from her office every month or two. So save your pennies and dimes if your planning on taking this medication.

Routine:

Oil Cleanse in AM (jojoba oil)

Apply Neutrogena daily moisturizer with Helioplex SPF 50

Oil Cleanse in PM (jojoba oil)

Apply Finacea

That's It!

PROGRESS UPDATE!!

Finacea is working soooo good for me!!! My skin is looking so much brighter and even toned. It's helped my hyper-pigmentation a lot as well. Yesterday I even bought some pressed powder, and I haven't done that in about two years because before when I would put powders on, my skin was so uneven the powder just made my skin look Worse. So I stopped buying anything and just dealt w/ my bad complexion...BUT I've seen soooo much improvement!!

I purchased Cover Girl's Clean: oil Control Pressed Powder and it REALLY complimented my skin and kept the oil away which surprised me because my skin is very oily!

Still strictly oil cleansing. When my skin feels dry I apply Vitamin E oil on my face as a moisture so I guess you could say I'm on an Oil-only regimen! lol

Today is my B-day, and this year I'm actually looking forward to taking pictures, it's great! ^_^

Alright that's about it!

hiya twinkle! i have been on finacea for abt 2 months, and i also have seen such a great improvement with my skin. i have no active acne now, but have had cysts on my left cheek that left really bad hyperpigmentation. finacea has helped so much, first topical ive truly loved! when i first started to use it, it did sting and make my face red, but now my face is used to it. im happy to see its working for someone else too! hope it keeps working for us!

& I'm very happy to hear it's working for you too!!! Yea hyper-pigmentation is a big pain in the ass for me too, but Finacea has helped that too!! I totally agree, first topical that I'm satisfied w/ as well!! All those others like retin-a did more harm than good to my skin. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I'm 23! Gettin up in the years! haha lol :)

Thats awesome to hear twinkle !!

Are you using any oral medication as well? along with Finacea. I am currently with doxy and metrogel for my rosacea. Although the pustules/papules decreased, the metrogel is not much helping with redness since last 25 days. I just hate it !! I am waiting for my next appointment with derm and ask him to prescribe somethin that really works !!

I read a lot of reviews on finacea on how good it is compared to metrogel.

Luv to hear it helped you :)

keep posting

Chaitu

Alo All!!! ^_^

Here is an update with PICS!! Yay! lol :P

So..

ALL IS WELL!!

I definitely recommend finacea for rosacea, hyperpigmentation, even acne! =]]]

I'm still using finacea at least 5-6 times a week at night only. The other nights(i only use it @ night because my skin is too sensitive for 2 times a day) I use vitamin E oil as moisturizer and that works LOVELY!!

I'm still only oil-cleansing. I have been oil cleansing for months and that has done WONDERS for my skin!! That's something else I recommend as well is to oil-cleanse.

& for the pics! They were take in June and today. Sry I don't have before pictures but the improvement is visible in my opinion!

Pics 1 & 2 were taken on 6/27

post-8298-1311538982_thumb.jpg

post-8298-1311539090_thumb.jpg

post-8298-1311538982_thumb.jpg

post-8298-1311539090_thumb.jpg

These pics are from today.. Still some redness of coarse, it runs in the family & I live in southern Arizona so bear with me lol, but close to no acne smoother complexion

post-8298-1311539821_thumb.jpg

post-8298-1311539821_thumb.jpg

another pic.

Your skin looks perfect, and unless it was taken immediately after cleansing... I see no issues with oiliness : )

Current condition of my skin:

- Feels dehydrated

- Oil starts pouring out the middle section of my face within an hour or so after cleansing, it bothers me to see my nose shine out of the corners of my eyes, if I scratch it I can see the oil slick on my nails.

-Bumps on cheeks, partially from improper shaving, but they appear to be congested pores that eventually come to a head.

- Forehead feels tight, when I wrinkle it it turns red.

- Benzol Peroxyde never helps, and makes pimples itch.

- There's mild pink splotches on my nose and going from my eyes towards my mouth, cannot be seen unless face it pressed close to mirror. I assume this is mild Rosacea, or allergies (my nose is stuffed a lot), but it doesn't itch.

I was about to spend another 100$ on ANOTHER set of another product (Mandelic acid), but decided to give your routine a try (to some extent).

For now I will try:

-5 minute Jojoba oil cleanse/massage into face after splash with water, then wipe with hot cloth, pat dry.

-Apply Finacea gel.

-20 minutes later apply Aloe gel from plant

I'm never in the sun more than 10-15 minutes, and when i am, I'll apply Paulas Sheer Matte 20 SPF

I will do this twice a day for now, then I'll see if perhaps Finacea twice a day is too much for me, I'm afraid I'll completely break out if I only use it once while my pores are still so congested, it's kept cysts from appearing.

Tonight I'll pray to god that this routine works out, and soon - because I've spent way too much money on products in the past few years... prior to that, when I didn't worry and didn't spend, my face was great, I got a pimple once in a while, and that was bothering me... so I began my unhealthy obsession for perfection starting with Proactive, then tens of other products, antibiotics, until I ended up where I am now.

I washed tonight with jojoba, face looked surprisingly decent, and I couldn't feel any oil left on my skin, it felt dry but moisturized. I applied Finacea, and it's now half hour later and my skin feels good without moisturization, no oiliness, I applied Aloe 20 minutes later, skin feels pretty good.

I PRAY if there has to be an initial breakout, that it doesn't last too long, and by the end of the month things calm down, some people's experience with OCM has left them bubble faced and red, but they didn't have an exfoliator like Finacea to help in between, and they used castor oil too, not sure about that - might be over drying.

Not sure if Aloe gel will moisturize me at all, maybe it will rub the Finacea off... but it shouldn't affect it since even on the Finacea website they recommend you moisturize. Any experience with this?

Anywho... I think my skin needs a breakout, but I hope if it's possible, for my skin to be cleansed out without one... you say you didn't have acne for a while prior to this, just blackheads on nose, and irritated skin, right? or did you have a lot of congested bumps on you cheeks too.

Guest Timehealsall

did you have any bumpyness with the rosacea? If so, did finacea take care of that? did you suffer an IB?

your skin looks great!

HELLO ALL!!!

OH MY GOSH SO SORRY FOR NOT CONSISTENTLY UPDATING!!!! >.< School tends to kill off all things not pertaining to studying or doing homework so I've been super busy since school started again in August.

~~AWAKEODIN- How is the skin routine working for you??? I hope so good!

~~Timehealsall- Yes I had overall blotchy/bumpy skin I believe associated with my Rosacea but Finacea smoothed out my complexion. I thankfully did not suffer an IB from Finacea, just dryness and scaliness if my skin wasn't properly hydrated!

THANK YOU GUYS!! I'M QUITE PLEASED WITH MY SKIN AS WELL. =]

OKAY UPDATE TIME! :)

MY SKIN IS STILL LOVING AND RECEIVING BENEFITS FROM AWESOME FINACEA!!!!! =]]]

My skin so smooth and I don't even get that "time of the month" pimples anymore! Weird huh? lol Since the seasons are changing I have reduced the finacea to only 2 or 3 times a week because well....I can just tell when my skin is too dry for Finacea that night. I'm still oil cleansing and it's still working wonders. I will be switching to E.V.O.O in a week or two because I'm running out my jojoba oil. I'm hoping this doesn't bring any negative percussion's to my skin but if so, I'll just switch right back to Jojoba oil. The BIGGEST difference I've noticed in the past couple weeks is my hyper-pigmentation is FINALLY fading!!!!! After-- I kid you not 6 or 7 yrs. I am now confident enough to go around my college without ANY face makeup besides some tinted sunscreen!! ^_^

I'll try and post some more pics fairly soon!

How do you apply the finacea? I have it and found it such a thick cream that doesnt spread well. How much to you use and if you apply it all over how do you spread it around since its not easy to do

I made a video about my sucess with finacea... I thought u may want to see it

I also have a detailed log from start of treatment with finacea to clearing and beyond ... its amazing stuff isnt it.

I could (and would) kiss the person who invented it!

How do you apply the finacea? I have it and found it such a thick cream that doesnt spread well. How much to you use and if you apply it all over how do you spread it around since its not easy to do

The best way I can describe how I apply Finacea is FAST. Yes it's not the easiest to apply and numerous times I have felt my palms have absorbed more product than my face! >.< BUT as time has gone by I have learned that it starts to absorb very quickly so you have to work fast w/ the product. So what I do is apply a pea size amount on my upper palm area and rub for a few seconds, no more than 3, I prefer to accumulate the Finacea to my fingertips as I'm rubbing it in my hands because I feel it is easier to work with my fingertips to apply the Finacea versus my palms. (I tried that at first and that's when it would just absorb in my palms.) Once it's rubbed on my fingertips sufficiently I rub it all over my face very quickly because it starts to dry fast as well. Sometimes I also dab very small amounts on my face(usually in the areas where I have scarring and hyper-pigmentation.) then rub very quickly in the area. I hope this helps! =]

@ Crystal_WIllow- Thank you so much for posting the video!!!! It is amazing stuff indeed! I'm so incredibly happy I found it! I would kiss the person who created it too. lol ^_^

@wicky & @twinklebaby7888

I also apply with fingertips and get it spread as quickly as possible. I also find it easier to apply just after getting out of a warm shower. The skin has a slight moistness even after towel drying and this seems to help the spread of finacea. Its definately a very different experience applying finacea after drying off from the shower compaired to applying finacea to dry skin. I shower twice a day and apply finacea aftter each shower straight after drying.

Good luck wicky!! and I am so happy to hear of your success twinklebaby7888 :D

hey I've been following a few blogs/logs of finacea and am seriously thinking of asking my derm for a prescription/sample next week when I see him.

I was on the regimen for two months, and ignored my body/skin telling me to stop. I just pushed through, thinking the dryness, burning, itching, and redness would go away like everyone promised. It eventually was really burning my skin, and causing oozing patches and just awful redness and dryness that never went away. BUT...it did clear my skin and made it glow. And I can't use salicylic acid either because it causes these huge cysts and pimples all over.

My acne is considerably light/mild right now. Can you use finacea on active acne? I am so terrified to torture my skin like I did with AHA and BHA, since it is so sensitive. I had a horrible breakout from veltin (like retin-a) and just scared to try something else. I'm ok with a very minor initial breakout, but just curious if anyone of you experienced negative side effects, like burning, itching, dryness, and what you used to help it. Thanks guys! you give me hope

@y3rfd0g

I'm sorry to hear about the bad time you have had with topicals so far. I would say that, having tried benzoyl peroxide and a few other topicals that finacea is the mildest I have found. Having said that it can and does still give me an uncomfortable tingly sensation shortly after I apply it for around 10 mins.

My skin got used to the finacea in a way that it never has before with anything else, I did not have an initial breakout and I used this on active acne and eventually got clear. It took over 6 months and I'll admit I still get the occasional few around my time of the month but thats it.

xx

The link to my log is in my signiture

I would expect it to tingle, but I don't want it to chemically burn my skin since it is an acid. I'm thinking an acid would be better since it may help keep the acid mantle on the skin. My acne is mild at the moment, and I have no problem in waiting for a medication to work. No matter what it is, it will not happen over night. And I expect that I will always get a zit here and there because of hormones, food, touching, etc. Maybe if I do get the prescription, I will just use once a day, like twinkle, and see how my skin handles it. I think we can go too crazy with medications and use too much and make the skin much worse than easing into a medication.

how long do you wait for the gel to dry? or does it take time to dry? Do you use a moisturizer? can you describe the actual amount that you use, like a pea size, quarter size? Thanks!

@y3rfd0g

I would certainly always start with once a day and once your skin gets used to it THEN increase. Thats what I did and I am glad I did as my skin did react to it at first (nothing as bad as BP but still..) but if I did not increase to twice a day some areas of my body would simple not have cleared. I personally do not use a moisturiser ... I get through 8 30g tubes in one month. 1 pea size for the face and calculate that up for the rest of the effected areas with each application. It dries quickly so you have to be faster than BP.

Ok another question :) do you apply it when your face is still sort of damp from washing it, or waiting 20-30 minutes? Ya that sounds like a lot that you go through, but considering that you use it on your body may explain it. I will probably test it on one spot for a week before I put it all over. From the reviews I read, some people experienced a lot of burning or a breakout, but perservered and it paid off. I guess I wouldn't mind doing the same, since I went through hell on the regimen which cleared me...but my skin eventually had an allergic reaction to it. hmmm Anyways, thanks!

@y3rfd0g

I get out of the shower, dry as I normally would and apply it straight away. There is enough residual moisture on your skin after towel drying to allow a decent spread but you don't have to diliberately keep wetness on your skin by not drying thoroughly... dry thoroughly but apply finacea as soon as you have towel dried.... say .... less than 4 mins after getting out of the shower.