Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest pokemonster

does tea counts??

Guest pokemonster

so yea as title says, but let me explain.

basically everyone knows u gotta have like 2l of water as minimum per day, right? but i wonder can amounts of tea u drink counts as inside those 2 liters or those 2 liters must by all means be just and only pure water?

i just have heard somewhere also that if u drink coffee then u have to drink extra water bcz of its drying properties or something like that.

so then i also wonder does same goes to caffeine containing teas too, like green tea and mate? :/

and is it different with noncaffeine herbal teas?

Edited by pokemonster

I'v heard of people being on diets that avoid tea aswell because the caffine dehydrates you...but I really doubt the amount of caffine in a herbal tea truly having that much influence on the water you drink.

I'v heard of people being on diets that avoid tea aswell because the caffine dehydrates you...but I really doubt the amount of caffine in a herbal tea truly having that much influence on the water you drink.

The caffeine in black tea isn't enough to significantly counter the water in the cup of tea.

so yea as title says, but let me explain.

basically everyone knows u gotta have like 2l of water as minimum per day, right? but i wonder can amounts of tea u drink counts as inside those 2 liters or those 2 liters must by all means be just and only pure water?

i just have heard somewhere also that if u drink coffee then u have to drink extra water bcz of its drying properties or something like that.

so then i also wonder does same goes to caffeine containing teas too, like green tea and mate? :/

and is it different with noncaffeine herbal teas?

Everything counts, there's water in everything you drink and just about anything you eat. Caffeine is a mild diuretic (according to several studies it's actually not much worse than water), as far as I know there's no evidence whatsoever that it's dehydrating.

Guest pokemonster

well greaaat, means if i want i can drink 2l of tea instead of plain water if i wanted to too, right? (not that im gonna do it or anything but tehnically yea?)

lol, yeah. I don't see a problem with dehydration. But you don't want to drink 2 liters of caffeinated tea everyday, there's more to it than dehydration. However, there's many caffeine-free teas, like rooibos and most herbal teas, so maybe you can alternate between them.

Herbal teas don't have caffeine.

Regular teas (from the tea bush) do however.

Guest pokemonster

ok thnx ppl, but one last question if ud answer would be just great:

can u/is it ok to, drink tea also when u gotta take your pills (vitamins, supplements etc)? like would that tea is hot or at least warm kinda help with dissolving pill sooner and also make it absorb better maybe? :/

or does it depends on what kind of pill ur taking?

Herbal teas don't have caffeine.

Regular teas (from the tea bush) do however.

Yerba mate is an herbal tea that contains caffeine.