Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So should they be worn after applying moisturizer and sunblock or before?

I tried both ways and found that doing it before moisturizer and sunblock worked better. When i did it after my sunblock started peeling off?!

I think they're meant to be used after moisturizer and sunblock. They're supposed to be the last thing used before applying your makeup because they improve the appearance of it. But hey, whatever seems to work, I guess! You may just need to let the moisturizer and sunblock absorb before applying the primer.

Yeah my sunblock starts to peel off if i apply primer. i guess i should wait 10minutes at least before i do it.

Would you be willing to use a moisturizer that already has spf in it? I understand sometimes we want to keep our current moisturizers but I use one with spf already in it and have never had that problem. Just something to consider

Would you be willing to use a moisturizer that already has spf in it? I understand sometimes we want to keep our current moisturizers but I use one with spf already in it and have never had that problem. Just something to consider

This & I would definitely let everything soak in before you put primer on.

My moisturizer has SPF15 but i've been told by my derma to use something stronger as i'm undergoing vbeam laser + am on retinods. I'm using a spf50 sunblock.

I read on another thread to try Sephora brand "Tricks of the Trade" Immediate Wrinkle Filler to fill in the indents on the skin texture. Anyone here tried it or recommend it? I want to make a trip to Sephora today but wanted to ge tyour feedback

OH turns out this brand is not carried in the Canadian Sephora! Just my luck :(

Anyone know of other similar products that I can try?

I've been reading through the posts on here and I see a lot of posts about filling in indentations. As a makeup artist(freelance), I'm going to be honest and tell you nothing is going to fill in the scars and magically make the skin look smooth. Certainly there are products that help things look better but there is no magic filler. A wrinkle and a scar are not the same thing. Silicone based primers or wrinkle fillers smooth out the skin, giving it a more even texture. Wrinkle fillers generally have firming and moisturizing properties to make the skin more taut and make the wrinkle less noticeable. It doesn't actually fill anything in, it just plumps wrinkles up.

Wrinkles occur due to lose of elasticity and a breakdown of collagen(which is why many wrinkle products have collagen in them). A scar is damage to the skin. You can apply a wrinkle filling product and may see some improvement to the look of the scar once makeup is applied over it but a scar is basically damaged skin tissue. The ingredients can't work properly to "plump it up" the way they can with a wrinkle. Wrinkle filling products can be expensive and can cause cause breakouts so I would just stick with silicone based primer which should be applied after moisturizer and sunscreen. If you have trouble with the sunscreen balling up I would try a mineral sunscreen that can be applied on top of makeup. Bare Escentuals, Peter Thomas Roth, Colorscience and many other brands make them.

I know this odd to butt in but Im curious if primers clog pores or make acne worse. I just want to know if they contribute to my breakouts or not...

haha I figured eh it says primers so why not ask.

I know this odd to butt in but Im curious if primers clog pores or make acne worse. I just want to know if they contribute to my breakouts or not...

me too. I like the idea of a primer but am afraid to try one...does anyone know about non-comedogenic primer?

me too. I like the idea of a primer but am afraid to try one...does anyone know about non-comedogenic primer?

Silicones (which are found in a lot of primers) can be hard to wash off of skin. Just make sure you cleanse very thoroughly at night. I would even recommend using a scrub at night.

I was wondering,,,can I use sunblock as a primer? Lol cause I don't really wanna apply a shit load of stuff on my face (sunblock, moisturizer, primer, concealer, powder)...that's a lot! So I just apply sunblock wait a bit then apply concealer and finally powder..

I was wondering,,,can I use sunblock as a primer? Lol cause I don't really wanna apply a shit load of stuff on my face (sunblock, moisturizer, primer, concealer, powder)...that's a lot! So I just apply sunblock wait a bit then apply concealer and finally powder..

Sunblock is not a primer. A primer is a primer--lol. But you don't need to use a primer; it's your personal choice.

I like to apply an aha moisturizer first, wait 10 minutes, apply a 100 spf sunblock (hey it can't hurt), wait 10 minutes, apply thin layer of MOM & then primer on top of that, and then wait another 10 before putting on making up. It is a lot of products and a lot of time but this process helps control my oilies.

I haven't broken out from the primers I've used but then again, I don't wear mu every single day. And the finished look with primer looks a bit better than without, imo, because it makes the skin smoother.