Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greenllamas

Tanned face after increasing BP

I know there are other threads about this but i couldn't really find a straight answer..

I have been on the regimen for about 2 weeks now, having started really slow. For about the first 5 or 6 days i was using a little more than a pea sized amount of BP in my moisturizer only at night. Then, I moved up to a half a pump mostly at night and have been doing one full pump morning and night for the past few days. I have noticed my usually fair skin darkening like I got a bad tan or like i'm using the wrong color foundation and not blending it right - even when i have nothing on my face. It is more obvious i think when i have put jojoba oil on. I know I have a lot of dry/dead skin on my face right now and i'm wondering if that's the whole cause of the problem and if so, will it go away on its own or should i decrease the dosage? How long will it take to go away?

by the way, i've been using dan's cleanser and BP and clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel and jojoba oil to moisturize

Hey green,

I have the same problem..it sucks becasue this regimen is the only effective treatment for my acne. I've been on the regimen for about 2.5 weeks and my face is much more tanned that the rest of my body. Apparently your skin tone returns to normal after about 2-3 months on the regimen because thats how long it takes for your skin to rejuvinate new cells..so the old dead skin cells fall off. If you find an update or your skin tone returns back to normal drop me a line !!

Guest ryan.1233
Hey green,

I have the same problem..it sucks becasue this regimen is the only effective treatment for my acne. I've been on the regimen for about 2.5 weeks and my face is much more tanned that the rest of my body. Apparently your skin tone returns to normal after about 2-3 months on the regimen because thats how long it takes for your skin to rejuvinate new cells..so the old dead skin cells fall off. If you find an update or your skin tone returns back to normal drop me a line !!

Just a heads up my skin tone certainly didn't come back after 2-3 months. But then again I get a lot of sun exposure due to the nature of my work...