Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aviont

New member in accutane diary

Hi, i'm a just another guy at the end of the teenage years. Acne's has virtually affected my life since the end of the last year when i brokeout pretty badly and literally unable to show my face to anyone. I tried to convince myself that i'm being shallow for i hiding myself due to physical attributes.. but hey, it was actually bad! i haven't met anyone that time who hasn't said anything about those spots on my face! Now i have recovered a lot.. though it has taken 6 months of my life till now. Previously i tried benezoyl peroxide,clindimycin,etc. For pih's aloe vera(from the plant), turmeric(2 months regularly) all in vain. Since then, i too visited 3 derms who were such a douche to ignore my vulnerabilty and prescribing few unecessary cures. 1 and 1/2 month back i met a derm who was ready to prescribe accutane(isotretinoin, dosage- 20g). I thought my life is going to change, unfortunately i hasn't! Right now, i have completed four packets of accutane i.e, 40 capsules. Improvement.... i'm not enough satisfied but the derm insisted me to continue medication, afterwards i may go through dermrolling or microdermbrassion. So, i'm uploading my before pics and now pics.

post-144105-1307505063_thumb.jpgpost-144105-1307505073_thumb.jpg -This was 18/april/2011.

post-144105-1307505151_thumb.jpgpost-144105-1307505132_thumb.jpg -This is 30/may/2011.

post-144105-1308820104_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1308820167_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1307505063_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1307505073_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1307505132_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1307505151_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1308820104_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1308820167_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aviont

I see some improvement! Maybe after you get your dosage upped you will see results faster.

Wishing you luck! Stick with it and stay positive!

It looks much better for only a little over a months diff. I can totally relate to u w/ the impatience. I feel completely devastated every time a get a large zit, and I've only been on tane 1 month. lol, ud think Id keep my expectations a little more realistic. I guess it's just a ride we have to hold on for :)

My marks feel like they take forever to fade, so it's encouraging to see ur improvement.

Thanks for your encouragement guys. Honestly, when i stand infront of the mirror.. seems like wow.. its working!!! But the pictures tells some different story! Anyways, now chin up and looking forward for more improvement.

SKIN CONDITION:

Left cheek totally acne free but a heck of brown marks as seen in the picture.

Right cheek has 2 active acne.. 1 dead acne! and tons of marks.

Would have uploaded pictures right now, but i don't want to see those acne's!

After swallowing 40days(20mg) capsules each day.. i visited the derm again.. he told me to continue medication, so starting again with a new isotretinoin packet.

I have question(just casually), does those marks in my face seems to be pih or deep scar? The derm told me, they aren't pigmentation.. those are scars which burnt my skin badly, assuming it won't leave without any surgerical proccedure! I'm quiet freaked out cause, my mom wouldn't pay for microdermbrassion or anything. So, what do guys think?

hi bro

i dont think microdermabrasion helps you it seems they are a little deeper

microderm only help with superficial scars that are placved in epidermis tissue

after ending accutane i think you might go for tca peel of course if they still look as it today

but with accutane these scars could become less deeper

good luck on your treatment

i wan to take accutane but no derm want to prescribe the drug for me

they say acutene its not suposed to be used on enlarged pores not even on greasy face too

but i realize en europe thery are using accutane on this problems

good luck

I totally feel you.. I look in the mirror and feel great, but pictures always show a different side the mirror doesn't! :-/

Well, nothing is improving.. though acne's are gone and i'm quiet hopeless... i have uploaded new pics on top and with this post also. I may stop this topic.. cause i don't feel encouraged updating my skin condition.. gosh! it's improving anymore!!!!

post-144105-1308820552_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1308820560_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1308820552_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1308820560_thumb.jpg

SKIN CONDITION: Acne's no more.. scars are still horrible. I have been on dosage 20mg or about 2months. It always felt quiet sad to see the pigmented scars as i have been all clear since last 3 weeks.

Health wise: I'm eating healthy, doing regular exercise and drinking tons of water.

I think i need derma roller or stamp to get rid of the stubborn scars. As for now, my finals are there.. so no time for that. Sometimes, i feel so depressed for all these shitty things happening on my face but i'm trying to convince myself to get over this.

post-144105-1309614475_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1309614482_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1309614475_thumb.jpg

post-144105-1309614482_thumb.jpg