Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello i've been given accutane by my dermatoligist and I have a few queries I would like to ask:

When is the best time of day to take it? I am prescribed 1 dose a day and at the moment I take it just before tea (dinner). Is there any effect having a shower only a couple of hours after?

Secondly, I have my 18th coming up in just over a months time and I want to get completely 'washing machined' (drunk). My gp said not to have more than 2 beers a week but does this exclude one offs getting 'windscreen wipered' (drunk) ??

Lastly, my acne has been very stubborn and has left scars, do these scars heal in time? I was using aha lotion but was told best to stop for accutane to be effective.

Cheers for your help! much appreciated xx

my doctor told me i could take it anytime in the day. but i think there is a small error he missed. you should take it with food and not with an empty stomach. you can still take it on an empty stomach of course. it won't kill you, but can make you a bit nauseous.

Edited by coolguy