Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smack'd

What have fish oil pills done for your skin?

I wanted to read the sticky but it's under construction..

I just bought 1200mg of fish oil pills that has 360mg of omega 3. It says to take 1 pill 3 times with a meal. What should I expect from this? Also, is one pill 3 times a day enough? some bottles said like 2 pills 2-3 times a day.

the soft gel itself is huge btw.

I take them because the meat I buy is unfortunately sourced from grain-fed animals. I believe it helps to balance to omega ratios which tend to become uneven in the case of grain-fed meat, amongst other foods of course. I definitely like the difference they made to my skin. In combination with Zinc (L-OptiZinc), it made a truly noticeable difference. It is evidently most effective when I stick strictly to my diet while taking fish oil, avoiding all processed foods, dairy, soy, gluten, wheat etc., etc. If I tend to sway away from it, I notice that the fish oil doesn't really help that much.

I take 3 1000mg pills a day, all at once with my lunch.

Is there a reason why you take all 3 at once? Or do the directions say to do so?

And I take 50g of zinc too. The chelated kind. Glucconate or something like that..

360mg is quite a bit of omega 3 -- as long as you stay away from nuts and peanutbutter and limit oils. It has made a big difference in my skin, by the way.

Personally, they break me out.

It might be due to their iodine content or a poor quality oil.