Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DC-girl

Under the skin bumps

Ok, so my skin has been clearing up with diet and supplements fairly well but I have several under the skin bumps on my cheeks that just aren't doing anything! A few are smooth on the surface of my skin; you wouldn't even know I have them except when you press down you can feel them, like hard bumps. A couple are raised a little where you can see the bump, but its way down under the skin.

I'm terrified that they're going to come up a the worst time possible so I really want to get rid of them but they just won't budge! They don't get worse, they don't get better, they just sit there. Its probably been anywhere from a month or more on a couple of them. I have about 5 of these right now.

I've been using tea tree oil and I'm wondering if I should stop? Could that be why they don't come to a head?

Anyone know what to do, how to treat these kind?

Edited by tomisonbottom

Ok, so my skin has been clearing up with diet and supplements fairly well but I have several under the skin bumps on my cheeks that just aren't doing anything! A few are smooth on the surface of my skin; you wouldn't even know I have them except when you press down you can feel them, like hard bumps. A couple are raised a little where you can see the bump, but its way down under the skin.

I'm terrified that they're going to come up a the worst time possible so I really want to get rid of them but they just won't budge! They don't get worse, they don't get better, they just sit there. Its probably been anywhere from a month or more on a couple of them. I have about 5 of these right now.

I've been using tea tree oil and I'm wondering if I should stop? Could that be why they don't come to a head?

I managed to clear up most of my inflamed pimples through my diet, and to my horror I noticed I still had the tiny bump like things you described. Then, one fine day I decided to apply coconut oil on them. Two days later they disappeared. Voila! :P

I managed to clear up most of my inflamed pimples through my diet, and to my horror I noticed I still had the tiny bump like things you described. Then, one fine day I decided to apply coconut oil on them. Two days later they disappeared. Voila! :P

Thanks for you help, maybe I'll try that, except these aren't tiny bumps, they're big ones! That's why I'm so worried about them coming out as huge zits. Like one is almost the size of my pinky finger! It's just a smooth round hard bump under the skin that never does anything!

Thanks for you help, maybe I'll try that, except these aren't tiny bumps, they're big ones! That's why I'm so worried about them coming out as huge zits. Like one is almost the size of my pinky finger! It's just a smooth round hard bump under the skin that never does anything!

Ouch! I think I know what you're talking about. I used to get those a while ago, and I would stupidly try to get them to surface (why oh whyyyyyy?!?!?!). Needless to say, it then took them absolutely ages to heal and they left me a few pretty reminders- gorgeous scars... I'm not sure how to 'treat' them- all I can say is whatever you do- do not touch them!

I have a couple of these too! For me they are a sign that my skin is getting good at preventing infection, but not good in regards to blocking up just yet.

I would like to bring them to the surface, but I wouldn't do it by any physical force (chemical only if possible).

Yeah, you might be right about the skin getting better at fighting infection because I'm not getting any new ones this whole time either. I've been trying the tea tree oil spot treatments thinking that if I just keep exfoliating eventually I'll get down farther into the skin, closer to them and maybe I'll get them to come out. Because I did have one of them start to surface and then it just seemed to recede back into the skin and is just staying a hard lump there but it leaves a dark purple mark on the surface of the skin. I have an event in 10 weeks and I NEED to be clear by then no matter what! I'm thinking about going to the derm and seeing about extractions at this point. What do you think? I don't care about long term I'm desperate to get them cleared up right away at this point.

Anyone advice on this would be appreciated!