Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Calisia

Affirm Non-Ablative Laser

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forums and reviews on Affirm Laser treatment for acne scars, and I'm a bit conflicted with the amount of negative yet non-descriptive comments on the effectiveness of laser treatments, particularly the non-ablative Affirm. It is difficult to understand whether the reviewers have used these procedures consistently and under a reputable dermatologist's care. Also, I think reviewers' age is a factor in their assessment of a certain type of treatment, as well as the end-result.

Anyway, I decided to start this thread in hopes that maybe we can open a meaningful communication channel on laser treatments, particularly Affirm Non-Ablative Laser. It'd be of great help to hear feedback, especially from those adult acne scar sufferers whose acne is in remission.

For background, I am a 31-year-old woman. I've had light acne on and off since my early 20s. I have long periods of no breakouts, 6 months-2 years, and short periods of painful breakouts that tend to leave scars. I also have scars from my early teens, mostly ice pick and a few boxcar.

My last breakout started about 7 months ago. My derm started treatment with Epiduo and Spiro, following blood work. After I got positive results with this treatment (almost immediately), we switched to Tazorac cream (0.01%) only, and a mixture of vitamin supplements, as well as monthly extractions in her office. Now, I am 99% clear except for a pimple or two before my period, which I attack with Epiduo. Tazorac helped with acne, but also my skin's texture and pore size.

As final stage of my treatment, I started dealing with the old scars. My derm recommended Affirm Laser, and I had my first treatment yesterday. The redness following a few hours after the treatment disappeared in less than 24 hours. The derm said collagen would start building soon, so I can't comment yet on its effectiveness, but my initial -premature- feedback so far is positive.

Hope to hear from others' experiences with Affirm!

How many Affirm treatments have you had? Are you experiencing good results?

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forums and reviews on Affirm Laser treatment for acne scars, and I'm a bit conflicted with the amount of negative yet non-descriptive comments on the effectiveness of laser treatments, particularly the non-ablative Affirm. It is difficult to understand whether the reviewers have used these procedures consistently and under a reputable dermatologist's care. Also, I think reviewers' age is a factor in their assessment of a certain type of treatment, as well as the end-result.

Anyway, I decided to start this thread in hopes that maybe we can open a meaningful communication channel on laser treatments, particularly Affirm Non-Ablative Laser. It'd be of great help to hear feedback, especially from those adult acne scar sufferers whose acne is in remission.

For background, I am a 31-year-old woman. I've had light acne on and off since my early 20s. I have long periods of no breakouts, 6 months-2 years, and short periods of painful breakouts that tend to leave scars. I also have scars from my early teens, mostly ice pick and a few boxcar.

My last breakout started about 7 months ago. My derm started treatment with Epiduo and Spiro, following blood work. After I got positive results with this treatment (almost immediately), we switched to Tazorac cream (0.01%) only, and a mixture of vitamin supplements, as well as monthly extractions in her office. Now, I am 99% clear except for a pimple or two before my period, which I attack with Epiduo. Tazorac helped with acne, but also my skin's texture and pore size.

As final stage of my treatment, I started dealing with the old scars. My derm recommended Affirm Laser, and I had my first treatment yesterday. The redness following a few hours after the treatment disappeared in less than 24 hours. The derm said collagen would start building soon, so I can't comment yet on its effectiveness, but my initial -premature- feedback so far is positive.

Hope to hear from others' experiences with Affirm!