Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had the worst acne out of any one i have ever met. It caused my friends to not even want to be seen with me. When you google image severe acne that's what i had. Recently i was on accutane, and I suffered serious side effects after only 2 weeks of treament; halluconations, depression, and permanent loss of focus. I don't recommend it for any one. But i dodged the bullet on the initial severe breakout when starting the treatment. I think this is because i took Zinc when starting the treatment. I did some research and found that Zinc deficiency i one of the biggest health problems on the planet. Zinc Deficiency can actually damage DNA, it's from this DNA damage that i think acne originated like 2000 years old. Lack of zinc also causes ance. I have been taking 5mg of zinc everyday and my acne has almost completely cleared up since i continued taking zinc after stopping my accutane treatment 2 weeks ago.

In combination with this, i wash my face with proactive twice a day and moisturize with cetaphil moisturizer in the morning, and Olay regenerist night recovery moisturizer at night. These really help with the acne and scarring.

On another note, I am a 17 year old guy. To other guys out there since i started zinc supplementation i have put on more muscle in the past month with jjust occasional work outs, than extensively working out for a year with protein supplements. Seriously, if you want to get big guys Zinc and eating well is the key.

Edited by Z.K.

Hey Z.K, I myself started the zinc tablets yesterday, but the doses I take is 50 mg/day.

Dont you think 5 mg per day is too less to affect the acne based on the reviews on this website on zinc? Just checking, since most of them suggested either 50mg or 100 mg. Higher than this is not recommended. Btw, my acne severity is moderate.

50mg will probably cause zinc poising, if your doctor gave you it then follow that. The recomended daily intake of zinc is 34mg. I was taking 10mg but i started getting symtomes of zinc poisoning.

Edited by Z.K.

hey whats zinc poisioning? Never heard. Do you mean, that you were getting nauseous? Because thts normal. if I try to take it just after meal, than i am fine. What the symptoms of zinc poisioning btw? Also, what form of zinc do you take? Just curious.

I don't mean to burst your bubble OP, but Accutane can remain in the body for a period of months and actually continues to work/improve the skin even after stopping the treatment.

I don't know how conclusive your 5mg dosage of zinc is at this time. I think you need a control baseline to be able to tell if only 5mg of zinc will clear up skin. Also, the accutane didn't clear you up and you were taken off of it?

hey whats zinc poisioning? Never heard. Do you mean, that you were getting nauseous? Because thts normal. if I try to take it just after meal, than i am fine. What the symptoms of zinc poisioning btw? Also, what form of zinc do you take? Just curious.

Idk Zinc tablets

I don't mean to burst your bubble OP, but Accutane can remain in the body for a period of months and actually continues to work/improve the skin even after stopping the treatment.

I don't know how conclusive your 5mg dosage of zinc is at this time. I think you need a control baseline to be able to tell if only 5mg of zinc will clear up skin. Also, the accutane didn't clear you up and you were taken off of it?

The accutane was clearing it up but i started halluconating, having crazy thoughts, and not being able to mentally function, yea im sure it was the accutane since i stopped it im fine. What do you mean control baseline?