Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, does anyone go to a dermatologist here? I mean you must, I was wondering..

ok if you go to the dermatologist shouldn't the doctor look closely at your skin and ask questions to understand what my skin needs.

my derm just makes me so angry, because he gets out his little acne products checklist looks up at my face and comments how my acne is worse and then picks a stupid box in the check list and "writes me a prescription" that way.. i feel like it is the worst service ever, and he just doesn't care at all about how/what affects me :(

are all derms this terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.?

Oh, and last time I went he prescribed me differin, yet again. and a LAVA bar to wash my face with.. has anyone ever used a lava bar before :\..?

Edited by mslily009

i've haven't gone to the dermatologists. My doctor was able to give me my old acne medicine but the dermatologist is always busy, my mo has to wake for months to just get a appointment, usually getting the right acne medicine has to deal with trail and error- keep going back to the doctor. :(

So, does anyone go to a dermatologist here? I mean you must, I was wondering..

ok if you go to the dermatologist shouldn't the doctor look closely at your skin and ask questions to understand what my skin needs.

my derm just makes me so angry, because he gets out his little acne products checklist looks up at my face and comments how my acne is worse and then picks a stupid box in the check list and "writes me a prescription" that way.. i feel like it is the worst service ever, and he just doesn't care at all about how/what affects me :(

are all derms this terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.?

Oh, and last time I went he prescribed me differin, yet again. and a LAVA bar to wash my face with.. has anyone ever used a lava bar before :\..?

Some Derms and Doctors are so silly they can be very selfish, my derm does that but my pediatrician which also knows about skin care is the bomb.

i've haven't gone to the dermatologists. My doctor was able to give me my old acne medicine but the dermatologist is always busy, my mo has to wake for months to just get a appointment, usually getting the right acne medicine has to deal with trail and error- keep going back to the doctor. :(

same here its just better looking for a doctor(pediatrician) that also knows about skin care.

Oh gosh, I know how you feel.

My derm would just look at me, hit on me, then give me acne medication (Made me break out in a rash?)

I hated him after my rash and I would punch him in the face if I ever saw him again.

I ended up going to a NEW derm in Mexico, and he actually looked at my face! It was awesome and I'm finally on my way to getting better. I cried of joy when I saw my face two days later.

I hope you find a good derm, they're hard to find but amazing when you finally see a difference in your face after one visit.