Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
done_with_acne

Only breaking out in one area - what's the deal?

Okay so I've been on Retin A .1 for like a year now and the stuff really does work wonders. Most of my face is completely clear, or I just get occasional pimples which isn't a big deal.

But I still find that the Retin A isn't working as well around my mouth. Specifically, between my nose and mouth, and directly under my mouth on the sides. I hate breaking out here and I dunno why this is the only area that Retin A isn't working on.

It peels more than anywhere else too so that should mean it's working right?

I've heard that not using toothpaste with SLS in it supposedly helps, but I don't get how toothpaste causes acne. It's not like I rub it all over my skin, I barely even get it on my lips.

I also am like extremely OCD about keeping my lips/around my mouth free from grease after I eat. So I don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, I love it that I'm clear everywhere else, but this is still the worst place to break out on your whole face.

I would like to have some sort of answer to this question as well!

I've been having the same problem area (yes, the mouth area) ever since starting to use AHA products. I'm otherwise pretty much clear but the mouth area is getting worse every day. :/ Some people here talked about yeast infection in the mouth (maybe that's why the recommendation of a SLS-free toothpaste??).

Edited by gayhenna