Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
INJC

Drastic Treatment for acne scars

Hi, I suffered from acne for about 5 years now..I dont have much acne anymore, I dont get bothered by the breakouts, but what annoys me the most is of course the acne scars....I have pretty bad acne scars, and I have been trying to get rid of them using many different treatments options that were cheap and convenient, however the results were minimal or none.....so I said it is time to get rid of them once and for all, and started to search different treatments, but I could not come up with an answer..I know that there isnt "perfect treatment" which will restore my skin completely, but I was hoping I would come across something close to perfect. I was looking at Co2 or fraxel but the reviews on this site was so bad that I became skeptical....I know I should and will consult a professional soon, but before that I want hear from real people who had experience or perhaps some success stories.

Hi, I suffered from acne for about 5 years now..I dont have much acne anymore, I dont get bothered by the breakouts, but what annoys me the most is of course the acne scars....I have pretty bad acne scars, and I have been trying to get rid of them using many different treatments options that were cheap and convenient, however the results were minimal or none.....so I said it is time to get rid of them once and for all, and started to search different treatments, but I could not come up with an answer..I know that there isnt "perfect treatment" which will restore my skin completely, but I was hoping I would come across something close to perfect. I was looking at Co2 or fraxel but the reviews on this site was so bad that I became skeptical....I know I should and will consult a professional soon, but before that I want hear from real people who had experience or perhaps some success stories.

Again as I have said in many other threads where are the pics???What kind of scars do you have??? How can you expect any advice when no one knows the severity of your condition??

:think: :think: :think:

First of all, it's good that you know that there is probably nothing that will completely eliminate your acne scars. You had me worried when I read "it's time to get rid of them once and for all." It still seems like you might have unrealistic expectations. We all hope for "close to perfect," but you must must must be realistic.

I don't want to sound like a Gloomy Gus here; it's just that I've just been trying to treat my acne scars for six years now. I started with traditional dermabrasion in 2005, and since then I've tried retinoids, AHA creams, Fraxel Restore, dermarolling, injectable fillers, and just last week I went through a third session of Total Fx CO2 fractional laser. That's a lot of time and a lot of money spent, and we're not even approaching "close to perfect."

Now, the questions. What type of scarring do you have (boxcar, rolling, icepick, etc)? How severe? Nobody can really suggest anything for you without seeing your scars first. Also, I'm curious—What were the cheap and convenient scar treatments you tried? Peels?

First of all, it's good that you know that there is probably nothing that will completely eliminate your acne scars. You had me worried when I read "it's time to get rid of them once and for all." It still seems like you might have unrealistic expectations. We all hope for "close to perfect," but you must must must be realistic.

I don't want to sound like a Gloomy Gus here; it's just that I've just been trying to treat my acne scars for six years now. I started with traditional dermabrasion in 2005, and since then I've tried retinoids, AHA creams, Fraxel Restore, dermarolling, injectable fillers, and just last week I went through a third session of Total Fx CO2 fractional laser. That's a lot of time and a lot of money spent, and we're not even approaching "close to perfect."

Now, the questions. What type of scarring do you have (boxcar, rolling, icepick, etc)? How severe? Nobody can really suggest anything for you without seeing your scars first. Also, I'm curious—What were the cheap and convenient scar treatments you tried? Peels?

sorry for insufficient info, well I have few boxcar and mostly rolling scars and red marks...

Yes i have tried peels, creams...