Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dermatologist reccommended this today when i asked him if there was something i could use to help my red marks while on accutane.

sensibio AR

he didn't know if it was non codemogenic or not, if it was codemgenic then he said not to use it, but it is supposed to help with red marks as well as moisturize.

anyone have any experience with this? Does it fade red marks and does it clog pores?

dont know if it want to take the chance...

I don't know what all of the ingredients are, but I can identify some of them. Let's take a peak:

WATER (AQUA), MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), GLYCERIN, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL UNSAPONIFIABLES, ARACHIDYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, OZOKERITE, PEG-100 STEARATE, SODIUM PCA, CANOLA OIL, DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) GERM EXTRACT, ALLANTOIN, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, POLYACRYLAMIDE, ARACHIDYL GLUCOSIDE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, DISODIUM EDTA, LAURETH-7, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN.

Mineral oil- Not actually pore clogging,but a lot of people think so

Dimethicone- creates a moisture barrier, doesn't clog pores but could entrap bacteria.Not a huge concern of mine.

Avacado- mildly pore clogging, and it seems to be a main ingredient

glycyrrhetinic acid- the whitening agent, or one of

laureth-7- very irritating, but so far down the list that it shouldn't be a huge issue

There's a lot of stuff in here, like arachidyl alcohol, that I've never seen before...and that alone is enough for me to stay away. Hopefully someone else will be able to identify what these are.

If it's cheap, maybe it's not too bad to try out. It's really your choice in the end.