Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am have just gone in to week 2 of using Paula's Choice 2% bha toner (see below for the rest of my regimen). My skin has gone crazy - loads of bumps and papules. Things had just begun to calm down a little bit from the Differin IB. I am wondering if this is the bha pushing stuff to the surface or if I am doing something wrong with my regimen? The PC toner seems very oily in consistency - though I am pretty sure it is non-comodogenic. Does anyone have any experience of the process of using a bha and also using a bha with Differin/retinoid? I really need some advice - I'm so scared I have just made things worse.

See how it goes in a week or two, then post back here.

I have just started this week using a product with salicylic acid, my skin went bad in the beginning.. i think it's getter better though.

It's just an initial breakout (an IB) and it's perfectly normal. It's loosening all that crap in your pores and after the initial breakout your face should show improvement, if it doesn't get better in a week or two than you might want to try a different product.

For me it's the 7th day using Neutrogena Rapid Clear gel with Salicylic Acid. No more breakouts! I'm going to keep using this product and also keep working on improving my diet..

I just stopped using a salicylic acid that I used for three weeks and broke out the whole time; I went back to the derm and she told me to stop. The first week was by far the worst though, so yours might get better. I don't know if I gave mine long enough, but three weeks of breaking out every day was enough for me..

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. I have just finished week 3 on the SA toner. Things have calmed down a little bit though I am still getting spots. Overall skin tone and texture is good. I have decided to stick it out for the time being. I am really tired of giving up on things before they have had a chance to work properly. I am also seeing a derm on Monday and will ask their opinion.

Violet Fire - I hope it continues to work for you - keep us posted!