Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
immortal_beauty

Differin cream for acne!

Hello,

My doctor's prescribed me a cream named "Differin" , which is about $60.00 and before i buy this expensive thing, I want to know what are your experiences and opinions about Differin??

Would you recommend it or is it a waste of money?

post-152075-1307339571_thumb.png

Edited by immortal_beauty

I use it. I guess it's most effective when paired with BP. The differin helps the skin cells turnover more quickly, leaving you with fresher skin. So it's really great for healing acne marks. I prefer it over Retin-A (I guess differin is a "synthetic retinoid") because I feel it's much gentler and easier to use than regular retinoids. I would use it in combination with BP. And the tube should last you a very long time so it might be worth the $60. But, there's a generic available that is MUCH cheaper that you should get instead.

wots a BP?

BP is our shortened way to write Benzoyl Peroxide. Probably the biggest topical acne treatment available over the counter and from your doctor.

As for your differin feedback - check out the Acne.org review section...

Generic: http://www.acne.org/adapalene-differin-reviews/21/page1.html

Brand: http://www.acne.org/differin-gel-reviews/1142/page1.html

Seems as if maybe it isn't the best way to go about it. Perhaps you should ask your doctor for either a generic kind of the product, because they usually cost a lot less. Or maybe your doctor can even give you a sample of it. Best of luck.

Its generic is called adapalene and the pharmacy should dispense the generic if it's available (and it is). It was like 12 bucks for me. :)

I take the generic adapalene. Depending on the severity of your acne, it becomes pretty effective. Trick is that you can't wear a ton of moisturizer. I was miserable for a week because my face was dry and I couldn't wear make up but my skin cleared. Then, of course, since it sheds layers of skin I saw my clogged pores/white heads pop up. Honestly they were hardly anything but I picked at them... then my period was late so I got a breakout then picked at my skin more... so thats mostly me. :P But this product worked nicely. I just need to stop picking an raise my doxy.

Hope it works for you!

Ella

I use adapalene gel then clindamycin on top. The clindamycin makes the adapalene gel more effective. I have great results. I use a few different things as well, but at night I use the A gel with C gel at night. During the day I use no make up with Duac cream and light moisturizer.