Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was taking B-5 (pantothenic acid) for over a year and it worked well to clear my skin. I had read the posts that it was water-soluble and passes through you. So when I read that it was not safe to take in larger doses at the time I guessed it was only to scare you and try to sell you on some other product.

I did get sunburned lightly a time in the summer but being from Florida years ago, that is not a big deal to me. But my doctor had me on a few supplements and an MS drug. Later that year, near the end of Summer 2010, I had gotten a very very bad sunburn that I feel was from taking the B-5 making my skin sun sensitive!

I have always taken care of skin on my face, now I'm very depressed when I look in the mirror. I'm way to young to look like this. The skin under the one eye is dry all the time and looks years older. The other eye is not as bad but a lot of wrinkles.

Do not take B-5, I know acne is hard to live with but this is much harder. I’m not sure if I will ever get married now.

Are you sure that you can blame this on the vitamin b5? You mentioned that you are from Florida, right? And also that getting a sun burn is not uncommon for you. Perhaps - yes, at the time, the higher dose of b5 made you more susceptible to getting a sun burn (by drying out your skin a bit), but also maybe the under-eye skin damage you talk about is from prolonged sun ex poser? Or even could it be linked toward the MS drugs you said you were taking...? So please don't bash vitamin b5. If you read the many, many topics about b5 on this board and even all over Google, you will never find this kind of story linked to b5. I'm not saying you're wrong, but just saying to anyone else reading this thread to not be alarmed by this topic ... do plenty of research first.

I was taking B-5 (pantothenic acid) for over a year and it worked well to clear my skin. I had read the posts that it was water-soluble and passes through you. So when I read that it was not safe to take in larger doses at the time I guessed it was only to scare you and try to sell you on some other product.

I did get sunburned lightly a time in the summer but being from Florida years ago, that is not a big deal to me. But my doctor had me on a few supplements and an MS drug. Later that year, near the end of Summer 2010, I had gotten a very very bad sunburn that I feel was from taking the B-5 making my skin sun sensitive!

I have always taken care of skin on my face, now I'm very depressed when I look in the mirror. I'm way to young to look like this. The skin under the one eye is dry all the time and looks years older. The other eye is not as bad but a lot of wrinkles.

Do not take B-5, I know acne is hard to live with but this is much harder. I’m not sure if I will ever get married now.

Marriage isn't the be-all, end-all of life, just to mention, but if you want to get married then having bad skin shouldn't stop you from doing that. If somebody doesn't want to marry you based solely on the condition of your skin, then clearly they're not somebody you'd want to marry anyway.

"I love you, let's get married and be together 'til the day we di- wait, is that a DRY PATCH?! Ew, we can't possibly get married now!"

(Yes, it IS ridiculous! :D)

I take vitamin B5 and it is the only thing that has EVER helped my skin. Nothing else has made a dent. I live in Australia where it's winter and still a billion degrees and the sun is goddamn unrelenting but I always wear moisturizer with SPF on my face and sunscreen elsewhere. I'm fair as all get-out. I get burnt very, very rarely, and when I do, it's because I was dumb enough to go out when the UV rating is really high in a singlet with no sunscreen on. Just be smart about frolicking under the sun because seriously, it doesn't discriminate, it loves the shit out of burning everybody.

May i know how much is the dose you took?I saw the reviews here, some take up to 10g a day, i personally think that is way too much.

How much were you taking? Taking massive doses is linked with hair loss, but I've never heard of it making you more sun sensitive.

So before you jump on B-5, what were you doing to protect yourself from the sun? Do even bother to use sunblock? Did you reapply it as directed? Some people slather themselves with sunscreen and think it continually protects them, when it doesn't. Sunscreen chemicals break down, and get washed away with sweat and water. Some are water resistant, but that is not the same as waterproof. You still have to reapply ANY sunscreen.