Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok im 20 now and when I was 18 I came back from a field trip out in the hot sun canoeing all day and back then I didn't even take care of my skin, I never moisturized or anything. So this caused some wrinkles to appear on my forehead, and under both of my eyes.

now i didnt know JACK!!! but this is the first time I cared about my skin so I was trying everything to get rid of my wrinkles. i asked my mom about my under eye wrinkles and she says " youre too young to worry about that " why couldnt she just have helped me or gave me advice.

i tried using the products at home to fix this problem, i used a mask and i slept with it on overnight on my forehead and under my eyes (UNDER THE EYES FAIL!!). that didnt make the wrinkles go away but putting that under your eyes is too heavy for the skin there so that may have made it worse.

then i made the biggest mistake of my life, I put that acne wash, on my forehead and to my STUPID MIND i thought "hey, this makes my skin tight when the soap dries up, lets put it on my forehead and under my eyes overnight" when I woke up my eyelids were swollen, the skin was all dried and had a red outline of the soap dripping down my face.

i didnt really think anything of it and I pretty much left it at that.

2 months later Im looking in the mirror and im shining the light on my skin and I can see on both sides of my face ( where the soap dripped down) my skin looks all melted, very ROUGH, UNSMOOTH.

so 2 years later the wrinkles did go away except on my left eye that took more damage, ( and now the skin under my left eye has wrinkles and created a crease halfway through ) if i wasnt so stupid I wouldnt be in this MESS AND EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE FIXED ITSELF IN THE END!!

now

im left with a messed up left under eye, and have 2 patches on each side of my face beside the nose that look like its been melted.

im so depressed because of this, i dont think a days gone by where it doesnt depress me, i would go to a dermatologist but I cant afford it because i already messed up by maxing out my credit card!!!

the skin on my forehead sucks too, its all bumpy and turns red whenever something presses against it,

seriously all i want is smooth moist skin,

whenever im about to go somewhere I look in the mirror to get ready and if I dont like the way my skin looks that day it will depress me x100 and i dont even want to see anyone, I dont want to get a job right now, i dont want to meet new people.

I want to have fun at this age but this is stopping me so badly,

Im using a glycolic acid peel on the patches of skin to try to peel all that skin off but theres so many layers of it. im hoping in 3 years ill be able to have all of these problems fixed

Hi Nick Guns,

Please take this advice ASAP.

Your skin is severely dehydrated. But it can be fixed it you leave it alone from here on. Otherwise, if you keep adding harsh acne topcials, peels etc to your skin, you WILL permanently damage it. So, please do this ASAP:

1. Only wash your skin once a week for 2 months. (And only with water and then apply 100% pure natural vitamin e. For spots, just add organic lavender oil directly to the spot, not the entire skin).

2. Don't add anything to your skin. Not even glycolic acid.

3. Eat healthy meals, with lots of raw salads, vegetables and fruits, nuts and seeds.

4. Take 2 tablespoons of organic cold pressed flaxseed oil daily. Add extra virgin olive oil to your foods. You can also add virgin coconut oil.

5. Apply gently (i.e. dab) 100% pure natural vitamin e around your eyes daily and to your forehead daily. If you do this, you're wrinkles should disappear within 3-6 months. (Also, don't squint and take raise your eyebrows too much).

6. Don't sunbake. However, do get at least 1/2hr to 1 hour of direct sunlight daily (without sunblock) for vitamin D. Only use sunblock if you're out in the sun ALL day.

7. Don't smoke, don't drink alcohol (or very rarely i.e. once or twice a year) and don't drink anything caffeinated (no coffee, no tea, no cola, no sodas). But you can drink herbal tisane's like chamomile tea.

8. Drink alkaline mineral/ spring water daily i.e. 8 glasses per day.

You'll be fine!!

Cheers,

AS :)

Edited by aquasea

ok thanks a lot aqua!

am I supposed to moisturize after I get out of the shower and wash my face? what kind of moisturizer would you recommend, thanks!!

Hi!

So, spots and wrinkles.

Try pond's line of products. My family members have had great experiences with that. I'm now using it myself to help with some scarring and spots.

I'm using their clarant b3 formula. It makes my skin feel great and no break outs to be seen as of now. Maybe you should try it too. I'm really liking it so far. I know some people who have had some positive experiences with it.

There's also this other product from pond's flawless white i believe. I've heard great stuff about it too.

Anyway, I know those are to supposedly lighten your skin, but they really don't they just even out your skin tone and texture. Be patient though, it takes months to see results, but stick with it. That's the key.

Hi Nick Guns,

Please take this advice ASAP.

Your skin is severely dehydrated. But it can be fixed it you leave it alone from here on. Otherwise, if you keep adding harsh acne topcials, peels etc to your skin, you WILL permanently damage it. So, please do this ASAP:

1. Only wash your skin once a week for 2 months. (And only with water and then apply 100% pure natural vitamin e. For spots, just add organic lavender oil directly to the spot, not the entire skin).

2. Don't add anything to your skin. Not even glycolic acid.

3. Eat healthy meals, with lots of raw salads, vegetables and fruits, nuts and seeds.

4. Take 2 tablespoons of organic cold pressed flaxseed oil daily. Add extra virgin olive oil to your foods. You can also add virgin coconut oil.

5. Apply gently (i.e. dab) 100% pure natural vitamin e around your eyes daily and to your forehead daily. If you do this, you're wrinkles should disappear within 3-6 months. (Also, don't squint and take raise your eyebrows too much).

6. Don't sunbake. However, do get at least 1/2hr to 1 hour of direct sunlight daily (without sunblock) for vitamin D. Only use sunblock if you're out in the sun ALL day.

7. Don't smoke, don't drink alcohol (or very rarely i.e. once or twice a year) and don't drink anything caffeinated (no coffee, no tea, no cola, no sodas). But you can drink herbal tisane's like chamomile tea.

8. Drink alkaline mineral/ spring water daily i.e. 8 glasses per day.

You'll be fine!!

Cheers,

Aquasea is not a dermatologist (I assume) or any other kind of expert or professional in this area. Therefore, take his/her advice for what it's worth.

Don't wash your face for 2-4 weeks? Where do you get this stuff.

Hi Manduh,

You're absolutely right!! I'm not a dermatologists. But when you compare what I've learned experientially & through extensive research about acne and healing, I can tell you in no uncertain terms I know more about it than 99% of those dim-witted dermatologist-pharmaceutical pimping snake-oil merchants.

Btw, my skin is TOTALLY acne free. Primarily achieved through a mostly raw, organic vegan diet and a few natural topical products (plus a healthy lifestyle i.e. exercise). And if it weren't for the longterm use of BP and other awful, harsh acne topicals, my skin would be perfect! You see, I previously suffered severe acne for many years. "Everyone" told me (including derms and doctors) that diet had nothing to do with it...instead, they told me to take more antibiotics, pills, carcinogenic crap etc...anyway, I eventually found out this is wrong. Diet is pivotal to acne prevention and elimination. And using non-toxic, natural methods for controlling acne is the best longterm skin care approach if you want beautiful skin beyond your teens and 20s. In fact, the skin areas I didn't extensively treat with acne products are smooth and lovely... however, the parts I liberally applied acne products suffered severe skin damage...which I'm now correcting with skin needling (and it's going well).

Also, dry, chemically damaged skin is a leading cause of scarring and premature aging. That's why Nick needs to avoid all astringent topicals from hereon in order to reverse the damage. Moreover, Nick said his pimples weren't bad/ severe -- rather, it's the acne topicals that ruined his face. Ergo, if he eats healthy and only applies natural organic lavender oil on his spots, he can indeed only wash his face weekly for the next 2 months: thus, this cheap, natural, low risk approach, with lots of (cited) benefits = great advice!!! What would you otherwise recommend??

Essentially, Nick's face needs to repair naturally. Washing won't help his dryness. It'll strip him of his natural oils which he desperately needs more of...in fact, his natural, balanced PH skin mantle needs to be re-established as well as his natural skin oils/ sebum ...this will help rehydrate & restore his skin. In fact, many are doing this approach successfully on this board!! Please note, if you still have active severe acne, then you do need to address that first i.e. the acne/ bacteria/ fungus/ viral infections, before you choose to stop washing for a time (i.e. you can use natural substances like sea-salt wash, crystal alum stick, glycolic acid 10% to keep the acne under control -- these are short-term applications only though as a healthy, alkaline diet and active lifestyle should be your primary longterm acne controlling regime).

Hope this sheds some insight on the rationale of the post & it's entailing advice.

Peace,

PS I said he could wash his face weekly over a period of two months. No big deal. Don't let those peddlers of toxic acne topicals brainwash you into thinking that your acne can be cured by "washing" every day & night with a harsh chemical. Acne is primarily an internal, intestinal issue.

Edited by aquasea

Hi Nick,

100% pure natural vitamin e should be applied to your face after washing. (And everyday too around your eyes). After two months, you could then try organic, cold pressed virgin coconut oil or avocado oil. Either:

A) add a little every night to your skin

B) smear it on every night as a 1/2 hr face mask and then wash off with water

B) if it's too heavy for your skin, stay with the 100% pure natural vitamin e and only do an oil mask once a week or fortnight.

I'm sure within 3 months you'll reverse the skin damage/ dehydration.

Cheers,

PS When your skin heals (i.e. in 3 to 6 months), try fresh lime juice topically applied. It gives a great vitamin c boost to your skin (which is anti-aging and helps collagen formation) and gives it a healthy glow...it might be a better option for you than a peel...at least for a few years.

Edited by aquasea

should all else fail to resolve the line under your one eye, google blepharoplasty. There is a technique (I forget what it is called) where they can remove extra skin from under your eyes by pinching it tight and then removing the excess right where the edge of your lower eyelids and then fine stitching the wound close, because the line is hidden by the natural line/edge of the eye, it is invisible and voila, problem solved. Rarely is there a skin condition that can't be solved via surgery of some sort. You just have to do your homework and research your options. Good luck.

wow thanks a lot aqua!!

youre right, I dont believe it when I hear exercise and eating healthy doesnt do anything for your skin, it has to, if youre healthy on the inside then it will show for sure on the outside.

I dont suffer from acne ( just mild uneveness and bumps on the forehead ), but I do know that because I am exercising and sweating out my pores it is actually clearing up, its going to take at least a month though, thanks!!! im going to use all of your tips!