Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys, would really appreciate info.

Anyways I am on the regime and working great and all. Am basically clear but I just want to ensure I do not have any further pimples etc. Anyways, I am using AHA every night for 3 weeks now. For the first week and a bit of the 2nd week, it was pretty intense burning but I could manage it lol. Now doesn't tend to burn much at all.

Anyways, I NEVER use BP on my forehead as I never get acne there. And It never used to be dry prior to using AHA. But pretty much everytime after I was my face my whole face is really dry especially my forehead. I know exactly what the AHA does as it exfoliates the skin etc but is it normal for the AHA to leave like really flakey skin especially on areas of your face that you don't put on BP?

Also, I use a lot of AHA. Like not alot alot but probably twice as much as Dan suggests. is that fine as long as I can tolerate it? It is just that 1 finger doesn't moisturise my face enough. Is it because I am using too much AHA that is why it leaves my face flakey?

Really appreciate some answers to my questions for once lol.

thanks guys

No it's not necessary to use it that much and that often if you're starting to peel. That's basically your skin telling you you're irritating it.

I see. I will stop using it on my forehead and only inbetween my eye brows and cheeks.

any other help and advice would be great. Please answer mods!