Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greetings all I am new to this forum and wanted to take a moment to share my experience.

Although not a dermatologist, I am an MD and have been sifting through the literature in an attempt to find a regimine that works....unfortunately,as you know, there is no magic pill at the moment.

My personal experience is as follows:

As a teenager I had the normal amount of breakouts and problems with my skin that are inevitable with hormonal peaks and valleys of adolesence. I fortunately outgrew it by the time high school came around, only occasinally getting a random zinger here and there.

About ten years later my skin began to break out like a teenager again. As a scientist I systematically tried almost everything to control it with mixed results. Finally I deduced what the culprit was...HAIR PRODUCTS. I came across this article in June:

AAD page

and have been clear since. No pomade=no zits for me.

I know this may not apply to many people on this forum, but most hair products are highly comedogenic. I'd lather the stuff in my hair, workout and get forehead and cheek zits the next day.

I searched and saw that this wasn't covered anywhere else in this forum. I hope this helps someone.