Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiImMatt

Is there any hope for me...

Acne...Acne...Acne, damn you to hell. Over the year's of struggling with acne it is finally starting to cool down some, but now it has left me with horrible scarring all over my body. I hate it, i fell like a monster with these scars. You know what i ask myself everyday? "what did i do too deserve this", and im sure alot of you have ask youself that same thing. Well let me so you some pic's of me, so you'll see what i mean when i say "MONSTER",

post-144207-1307161144_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307161160_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307161173_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307161188_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307161195_thumb.jpg

Well, see what i mean now?

This is has caused me psycological pain (not suicide though i would NEVER let acne overcome me that much) Mostly social pain, going out in public for me is like trying to take on 3 hungry tigers, i just cant do it. But i ask is there any hope for my scars? or me? Will i ever defeat what has caused me so much pain over the years?

Please, if anyone knows any of the best remedies, Scar creams, treatments, regimens, ways of coping with this and facing the world, etc...Please let me know, i would really, really appreciate it.

I wont lose this battle...I must win...

post-144207-1307161144_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307161160_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307161173_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307161188_thumb.jpg

post-144207-1307161195_thumb.jpg

Your scarring is to the point where you'll need professional help. It looks like you've got hypertrophic scarring, and a surgeon might remove some of the bigger ones.

are these scars indented? i can't tell from the pics... and hey unless they're only on your body you can at least cover them up in clothing

Be wary of excision, since you seem to scar very easily.

If your acne is under control, I'd probably start out with cortisone injections on the hypertrophic (raised) scars to flatten them out. The hyperpigmentation can probably be lessened afterwards with light based therapies.

This might sound odd, but can you see any vellus hair growing out of the scars? These are very tiny hairs that grow all over our bodies. They might give an indication of how much healing capability your skin has in the affected areas.

Do your research and pick the best dermatologist you can find.

Stay strong bro :cool:

steroid injections or pressure pads, simply go to a dermatologist

i have 2 hypertrophic scars on my face which have almost completely disappeared now from steroid injections (i still have to go back for 1 or 2 more injections). also, the redness has gone away completely, so they are just skin-colored bumps now, which you would actually have to search for them to notice them

Edited by Brawn

Go to either a plastic surgeon or dermatologist. And honestly, you don't look like a monster. You just look like you had a skin condition and that's pretty normal for a lot of people. People with psoriasis feel the same way and have to find ways to cope.

It sounds like you're coping pretty decently and that's wonderful that you're not letting it take you to the point of no return.

I agree with Wynne's comment. You should probably start by seeing a dermatologist, if you haven't already. Before treating any scarring your acne should be under control, so if you haven't seen a dermatologist yet that's where you should start.

As for coping, honestly I have found that detaching yourself from the importance or the signifiance of 'perfect' or 'normal' skin has been very helpful. Your mind can play tricks on you and make you believe that your skin condition makes you, as a person, worthless, disgusting, etc. But, you have to constantly try to keep perspective - this is such a small part of who you are and appearance/asthetics is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

But, you can't always win that mental battle and on those days, I literally force myself to get out there and hang out with friends/get outside or just do something because inevitably I always feel better after I do.

Stay positivite!

Hi Matt!

I agree with the others, definitely set an appointment with a dermatologist. There are different types of acne -- and then you have a whole other ballpark. You could be dealing with a MSRA (staph boil infection) type of condition, or even hidradenitis suppurativa. I would definitely get diagnosed before I started dealing with the scars. You want to make sure you're treating the breakouts before the scarring - as it will do no good to treat the scarring while you are still breaking out.

Btw, it is hard - and I can definitely relate to being a recluse and not wanting to go out and do anything. I force myself a lot of the times because I don't want to look back and think how much time I've wasted. This life will go on whether I sit home and worry about my skin, or I'm out and about. Usually (not always though) I'm glad I made myself go out and do something, especially if it's with the people I love and care about.

Hang in there; and please let me (us) know how you're doing. I would like to know what the dermatologist recommends for treatment -- for both the scars and your outbtreak.

((HUGS))