Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madelineee

can birth control take longer than 3 months?

Ive been on Loestrin 24 Fe for almost 3 months now. I will be done with the 3rd pack in a week or so. Should it have started helping my skin already? Because for a while my skin was very good but then all of a sudden im breaking out again..? do you think its just cuz im about to get my period? i dont know what to think of this birth control.

Also, if i switched, is ortho tri cyclen a good choice?\

ETA: i also recently got a sunburn, could that be the reason im breaking out of nowhere?

Edited by madelineee

I've been on ortho tri cyclin, ortho try cyclin lo, AND yasmin, and none of them cleared up my acne. It helped...a bit, but I definitely still had 3-4 pimples a month, and they were usually cystic. It wasn't until I dumped them and started changing my lifestyle completely that my acne actually started to heal. At this point I haven't had a new spot in about 4 days and my skin looks great.

Birth control doesnt clear up acne for everyone, regardless of brand!

Ortho doesn't have a high change of breaking you out worse, but that doesn't mean it helps. Everyone's different.

There's a lot of variables that you have to take into account, the sun damage from your sun burn might be a cause(never heard of that happening, but plausible), do you breakout more during certain times of the year, what part of your cycle you're on, have you had any lifestyle changes,product change,etc

Sometimes it can take a little longer, it's probably cause you're about to get your period. Probably give it another couple of months and if it's not working, try something else.

Yes, it can take 6months or longer for some people. In my experience, Ortho was a nightmare. But thats just me.