Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ash!

Need help with cystic acne, oily face, and redness!

Hello All,

I was wondering if you guys could possibly help me? I'm 20 years old and have officially had enough when it comes to my acne. I've literally NEVER had a clear face since I was 13. I've tried sooo many products (I'm sure you've all heard that before.) My problem with face washes are that they start to work and reduce my acne, but around a month of use is when it seems like my skin is getting used to it and it is no longer effective. I have extremely oily AND sensitive skin. I've tried exfoliating scrubs (which I learned the hard way, doesn't work too well for me.), cetaphil, vitamins/supplements, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, homemade masks and washes, proactiv, etc. I cannot find anything that works well and continues to work.

Currently, I have 4 cystic bumps on my face which are getting bigger. They're hard and they hurt so bad. I don't really go out much these days because of the embarrassment of walking around or talking to someone and all they keep doing is staring at my acne. My complexion is all kinds of messed up, my face is shiny, my bumps are getting bigger and becoming more and more common. Right now, I'm cleansing my face with Dove unscented/sensitive skin bar soap(ONLY IF I WEAR MAKEUP THAT DAY to remove my eye makeup only.), then AcneFree face wash with 2.5% BP. After cleansing, I put on AcneFree sever acne BP moisturizer(10% BP) followed by Aloe Vera Gel. I've had a little success with it with my smaller bumps, but my cystic bumps havent budged. I know it sounds like so many things I've using on my face, but it's currently the only thing that has kinda sorta helped. I'm also taking one hair, skin, and nail vitamin twice a day.

Someone please recommend something to me so that I can change my situation. I'm up for trying anything at this point, but I'm really into the all natural things if they work!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(Sorry my post was so long..)

P.S.

I also have 2 new cystic bumps coming up. I can feel when they're coming up because it starts to hurt really bad and when I feel it, there's a little hard bump under my skin that just hasn't grown big enough to be visible yet. Are there any foods or drinks I should avoid to reduce the oil and acne? I don't really have a lot of money to spend on a derm or expensive creams, washes, supplements, etc. as I have a 2 year old son that I spend most of my money on, so try keeping it cheap-ish?

Edited by Ash!

If I don't use BP though, my sking gets REALLY bad. And your link didn't work. :(

Why not see a dermatologist? It's apparent that over the counter meds ar not working.

Joe ZIt

I currently have no health insurance and I really can't afford to go to a derm at the moment...Are there any supplements or vitamins I could take to get rid of this from the inside?

I've just started using a new product myself as i wanted to go the more natural route. I have also started a blog to track how it goes. If you are intererested in trying it the product is called Only Green - Vada Clarifying. So far (although i'm only on day 3) it has taken away my inflamation i get along with the acne, and i've only had a couple tiny pimples come up. Its worth a try if you cant get to a derm.

Good luck!