Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abigailwheeler

Last chance saloon regimen (feed back please?)

You are so funny and nice in your posts I can't believe that you don't have hundreds of friends!

Awwww! Very kind. :)

It's a work in progress really, the first step being to like myself. Or certainly to find a balance and not let things be influenced so much by my skin. Take for example, how this time last week I was happy because my skin was clear. Monday and yesterday I felt like I was about to snap after making a mess of my skin at the weekend, then today I'm feeling kind of alright because it's showing signs of healing. Self-inflicted emotional rollercoaster.

Never feel like it would be really fair to inflict those kind of polar opposites on friends from one day to the next. And indeed after putting myself through that, I usually just feel like I need a few days to relax. Think I'll be fine by the weekend, got plans Friday and Saturday night so that should be OK if I'm feeling in control of my skin again. If not, just have to battle through.

Really bugs me how my skin influences things like that, and how I fell into the rap of letting it dictate thinsgs so much. Guess that's a habit I need to break.

I have plenty of acquaintances, know of loads of people in Sheffield, but I wouldn't really call any of them friends to be honest. When I'm out, I'm usually taking photographs for an online music magazine and I know of loads of musicians who are part of the local scene. It's all kind of superficial and boring though to me, most of them just seem to turn up and mooch about, like they're there just to be seen. I'd rather just have friends I can hang out in the pub with and have a laugh. Tricky turning those acquaintances into actual friends I could spend time with, and meeting new people and trying to make new friends is never all that easy anyway.

Think I just need to find some new places and experiences, get involved in some new things and just let these things happen naturally. probably need to have a bit more faith in myself as well because there's no real reason why people wouldn't like me. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

:)

Edited by PaulH85

So I've been using the Clinique regime for 2 weeks now. Unfortunately I've also started using honey+lemon juice masks AND I've recently started taking B3 so I'm not entirely sure which one is working for me...

Yesterday...

Did a quick lemon and honey face mask in the bath yesterday. It was quick because I ran a bath, prepared the mixture, got my bath playlist on... mmm sunk into the warm water with the sweet sticky mask healing my skin - paradise.

BANG BANG BANG "ABS WE ARE LEAVING FOR THE CINEMA IN TEN MINUTES AND YOUR BOYFRIEND IS HERE". Ah shit I forgot he was coming and I deifnitely forgot about seeing X Men First Class.

Jumped out of the bath and washed my face. Decided to go sans make up, even though my skin is in that stage of healing and being white and crusty and rank.

I took 200mg Niacin B3 just as the film started so I could get my flush over and done with in the dark (clever hey!)

After the cinema I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror for a while... Girls standing next to me had such smooth skin and mine looked so red and bumpy in comparison. For the rest of the night I was careful to turn my head away from my boyfriend and let my hair fall forwards to cover my face.

This morning my skin does look like its healing and getting better. I know the crustiness will fall off eventually so I'm restraining myself from getting my nails involved and having a pick fest.

I've attached new photos to show my progress. I'm keeping it in my head that my skin DOES look a lot better than before and trying not to let the money and effort and anger get to me!

post-135548-1308221123_thumb.jpg

post-135548-1308221123_thumb.jpg

Edited by abigailwheeler

Hooray hooray hooray!

My acne is properly clearing up. I am going to put this down to B3 Niacin, diet and honey and lemon masks. I am so pleased.

Still have spots and lumps but it just looks so much healthier.

Lemon and honey masks are REALLY working as well. I think that the lemon is killing the bacteria and the honey is fading the red marks.

I nearly skipped washing my face this morning. I woke up and looked at my phone and realised it was 8.45. I am meant to be at work at 9! fuck fuck fuck I jumped out of bed, threw my clothes on, brushed my teeth. Checked my phone - 8.50. PISS! I grabbed my wash bag and jumped in the car. I have NEVER driven so fast to work.

I snuck in at 9 and went straight to the bathroom to wash my face and take my daily picture.

My hair is birdsnest in this picture because I literally have not brushed it since yesterday morning :)

Anyway, don't you think it's looking better! Just in time for my promo job. Tomorrow I will post before and after makeup photos.

post-135548-1308317156_thumb.jpg

post-135548-1308317156_thumb.jpg

Edited by abigailwheeler

See, told it it was looking better! Glad you're feeling happier with it. :D

Funnily enough, the best way to avoid dwelling on how your skin looks in a morning, if you're that way inclined, is to get up late. I always do, then I'm too busy getting ready to stop and pay too much negative attention to my face. Means I'm more likely to leave it alone. Not that I condone being late for work of course, that's naughty! :naughty:

Speaking of work, get back to it and stop posting on the Org! ;)

What's the promo job all about then? I Take it you're into modelling?

I am very happy. At its worst I was very very upset about it and today I feel like I'm finally making progress

I know I know, I find that I'm more productive when I have a lot of things going on so I'm skipping between this forum and my work emails etc. Besides this site definitely makes me feel happier and there's nothing better than staff with high morale?!

DEFINITELY not modelling! Promo work is great money and I've done it on the side for years. Usually I do sampling and flyering... This is the first promo job I've booked where I am briefed to look pristine... So I've been stressing over the last few weeks to get my skin in a good condition.

The brief is - approach men aged 13-25, be confident, bubbly and knowledgable.

They just rang me and told me I need to go and buy red lipstick and some hot pants because the dresses are so short. FML I am going to have to drink SO many redbulls to get through this!!!

Ah, I see. Sounds fun. Well, I see people doing that sort of thing in Sheffield city centre all the time and they always look like they're having a laugh. Of course, I see them when I'd heading back to the office with the face on because my lunch break is over, so it always feels like everyone else is having fun when I'm stuck behind my desk! :lol:

It's cool that you can do stuff like that, shows confidence. Kind of amuses me thinking about it, given that you worry about your skin yet you can get out there and present yourself to people. Not that you shouldn't - of course you should! - but I don't suppose it's always easy if you're not always totally confident about your skin. That's admirable. :)

Not a big fan of hot pants or short dresses to be honest, I haven't really got the legs for it. :shifty:

I'm sure the teenage boys of Birmingham will approve though! ;)

Edited by PaulH85

Funnily enough, the best way to avoid dwelling on how your skin looks in a morning, if you're that way inclined, is to get up late. I always do, then I'm too busy getting ready to stop and pay too much negative attention to my face. Means I'm more likely to leave it alone. Not that I condone being late for work of course, that's naughty! :naughty:

Uh Oh! Then I'm naughty every day! :shhh: Really need to learn to be on time.

You look so lovely! And for running late to work and not having time to have a morning routine too. Count yourself lucky to be so naturally beautiful. :dance:

So I had a really horrendous weekend emotionally...

On Saturday I woke up and my face looked OK (photo attached) I put all my makeup on for my promo job (also attached) and thought I looked OK.

On the promo job, the three other girls were actual working models. Stick thin, beautiful clear skin and generally stunning. And usually I'd feel very self conscious but I didn't, I felt confident. When we were out in the city approaching our demographic audience (18-25 year old chaps - it's for Lynx body spray) I was getting just as much attention as the other girls - I barely thought about my skin once.

Then on Sunday I went to visit my parents, the first thing my mum said was "Abi your skin looks absolutely terrible - you need to go to the Clinique counter and ask for a refund"

I was so shocked that I didn't say anything. I actually hid in the guest bathroom and cried for about half an hour. I think I was feeling extra emotional because of lack of sleep but I was very hurt. I GENUINELY thought my skin was looking a lot better.

Eventually I came downstairs but she immediately picked up that something was upset. She thought I'd had a fight with Rob - she actually didn't realise what she'd said. I tried to explain but I was choking on tears and gasping for breath inbetween sobs. Very pathetic.

She then revealed that her skin had been the same severity as mine when she'd started roaccutane which made me feel WORSE because I'd always been lead to believe that her acne was very very bad which sort of made me feel safer.

In the end I had a gin and tonic and got my E cigarette out and I felt calm enough to meet my old school friends at the pub but the whole thing REALLY knocked my confidence. Self esteem rock bottom - cheers Mom.

Edited by abigailwheeler

Day 19 - photos taken today of my skin. I have a couple of newbies on my face - one by the bridge of my nose, three on my cheeks and a couple on my chin. Other than that it's just red marks. I can't see what my mom sees... I genuinely think it's getting better!

post-135548-1308561851_thumb.jpg

post-135548-1308561851_thumb.jpg

Edited by abigailwheeler

:comfort:

Your Mum's reaction seems a little strange to me to be honest Abigail. :confused:

If she's gone through the same sort of thing, or perhaps worse, I'd assume she'd be more likely to support and advise you rather than call you out on it. I'd like to think if anyone in my family had gone through the same experiences, they'd appreciate that sense of isolation and make sure I didn't feel like I was on my own in my battle with my skin.

For me, it's all hypothetical really as nobody in my family has ever had acne so there's nobody who can relate anyway. I remember the times when I'd visit my grandparents back in my school days and I'd hate going because they always used to draw attention to my skin. It was as if they didn't know what else to talk to me about. Seemed strange to me. I mean, it's not like having acne is a hobby of mine or anything which we could chat about. Every week they would say the same things and tell me what I should do. All my family ever saw was my skin and it was essentially because I became withdrawn and didn't share anything else about myself which may have cancelled my skin out. They all concluded that I, "Didn't get my acne from them" and that it, "Wasn't something we have in our family". Kind of felt on the outside since then, and they put me there.

My parents always wanted to push my sister and I to do the best we could at whatever we were doing and they have always been of the opinion that their children are a reflection of them and their abilities as parents. I ended up being the one who dropped out of everything because I was depressed about the acne I had in my teens. Rather than help me, they used to criticise me all the time and tell me I needed to sort my life out. Maybe I did, but they only ever made me feel worse about things rather than support me. I think I embarrassed them. Especially my Mum who said she was ashamed to be seen in public with me. In the end I just stopped leaving the house.

I don't know, maybe it's a parent thing. Maybe they think it would motivate us more or something. The approach certainly leaves a lot to be desired though doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you're right to be confused by what it is your Mum supposedly saw because I genuinely don't see it either. From what I can see in your latest pictures, there's not a lot going on other than those around the chin but they're healing aren't they so I don't think that's anything to worry about at all.

Sure, I looked at the pictures in detail, but that's only for the purpose of seeing what's what and to see if I could figure out where your Mum was coming from. No clue!

Your skin tone has improved a lot and generally I think it's looking really good. I honestly don't think there's anything to worry about and I think you're of the right opinion when you say you can't see what your Mum sees. In that respect, don't let it put you off what you're trying to achieve because it's working. :)

Edited by PaulH85

To be honest, I am not surprised at all.

Firstly, my mum is a very practical person. She doesn't realise that if someone is upset, they might just want a patient ear or a sympathetic hug. She will be right in there with practical solutions. She saw that my skin remained 'bad' and was offering me advice.

Secondly, my mum will be comparing her acne with mine. She suffered for ten years and this is only my second. Also, since I was 13 she has seen me getting attention from boys and being generally confident about the way I look. Comparatively, she has always been insecure and perceives that she never received attention from men (which is daft, she is beautiful). I guess because I haven't shared with her about my feelings she had no idea how low my self esteem has gotten in the last two years.

I understand what she means about my skin. Whilst old spots are clearing, new ones are still coming. Maybe I should consider accutane.

Paul I can't BELIEVE your mum said she was embarrassed to be seen out with you in public. That is so terrible.

Have you thought about making a fresh start by moving out? Getting my own place and being totally independent changed me so that I am more confident. The place I'm living at now I found on spareroom.com so you get to live with other people instead of being lonely and out of pocket :)

hi there =) , mm I might be totally wrong although I would really wana share my experience with you =) I had really bad skin for about 3 years or more , and during these 3 years I tried every facial product you can possible think of ( I still have 2 drawers full that i dont use anymore) anyway i was desperate, I bought some really expensive stuff- I was preparred to do anything!! anyway last year i started i diary thing where I would fill in exactly what i ate , when I ate it , what facial products im using - everything in great detail- how many pimples i have, where they are, etc... :rolleyes: anyway the only thing I discovered after about 2 weeks is : 1 - im crazy and unrealistic , but most importantly 2- I kept on seeing stuff like * i squeezed the pimple above my nose, next day- 8 new pimple coming up next to that are etc

This is when I realised that i am constantly picking at my face , triggering new pimples . ps- my face looked very similar to your photos. Just ask yourself if there is a day that goes by that you dont pick? did you pick at a pimple today?? :naughty: anyway i might be totally wrong about this,, i mean you might not even pick at all, but i just wanted to share this with you , becus i know how much pain it causes you.

It took me quite a long while before I could actually fully stop picking, like I felt like I should pick, Now I hardly ever get pimples, my face is completely clear, If I get the occasional 1 pimple in a month I dont touch it , it turn big and yellow, I jsut leave it , eventually after 2 days its kind of dries into the skin ,, creepy :rolleyes: , now I just wash my face with water, I eat what ever I want and I have no problems at all unless I start getting my dirtly little hands on them :surprised:

let me know what you think?? =) and i dont mean anything in a rude way , im really just trying to help if I can =)

anyway( god, I use anyway sooo much :shifty: ) im starting a water fast 2moro, I jsut feel like I wana clean my body and maybe shed a exra couple of pounds =) i'll let you know how im goin =)

good luck!!! :boohoo:

Hi Ivanna!

Thank you so much for getting in touch! I really appreciate the input.

I am actually very phobic about touching my face at all. I have never been a 'picker'... I wish it was that simple!!

Keeping a skin diary is definitely helping. I might start including a food journal as well just for me - I've recently cut out gluten wheat and sugar and quit smoking so I'm interested to see what happens there.

Have you done a water fast before? Did it help with your skin?

How long have you been washing your face just with water - how long did it take to see results with that? Sorry for the bombardment of questions!

Because I've only had acne since I moved away from my parents house my Dad wondered if it was something to do with the water. I'm thinking about filtering the water I wash with but that just seems so diva-ish!

I understand what she means about my skin. Whilst old spots are clearing, new ones are still coming. Maybe I should consider accutane.

I guess Accutane is always an option, if you think it would be worth it.

Before I joined the Org, I assumed Accutane was only for the most extreme cases and that I wouldn't get it on that basis. Then through reading what people had to say here, I saw that some were getting the OK for Accutane on the basis that they were still getting pimples after 10 years or whatever. I look at some people who are kind of new to Accutane and think, 'But your skin looks great! How come you got Accutane but I got refused?!' :confused:

My GP refused to refer me on the basis that my acne wasn't bad enough and that the results wouldn't be that much different so I wouldn't be able to justify the potential side effects. I later went back and said, "Look, I've had this for 13 years now. That's half my life! The meds I'm on maintain things so that it looks alright, but I'm still breaking out and want to clear it." His response was still the same. :rolleyes:

To be honest, I'm not sure I could go through the course. The side effects I've seen in some cases, in terms of the initial breakouts and how bad things can sometimes get before they get better... I really don't think I'd be strong enough to handle it. I used to have days where I could barely walk out the door, so I'm quite sure that an Accutane-triggered initial breakout would push me over the edge and I don't want to risk it.

But that's just me, in relation to my own mental well-being. If you can focus and have the strength to battle on through should it get better before it gets worse, could be worth considering.

Paul I can't BELIEVE your mum said she was embarrassed to be seen out with you in public. That is so terrible.

Have you thought about making a fresh start by moving out? Getting my own place and being totally independent changed me so that I am more confident. The place I'm living at now I found on spareroom.com so you get to live with other people instead of being lonely and out of pocket :)

As for what my Mum said to me, there is a back story to it and it's not just about acne. It's not a recent thing, it's years ago. I'd be unemployed for ages at the time, and I've been in my current job almost five years, so I guess it might close to seven years ago.

I'd grown my hair a couple of years before and my parents hated it, as of course they would. I guess I was going through a belated phase of teenage rebellion. My parents were convinced that I wouldn't get a job with long hair. I didn't get any jobs because I was rubbish at the interviews. I was rubbish at the interviews because I didn't have any confidence due to my skin. I think my Mum figured if she could convince me that the reason was in fact because I had long hair, I'd cut it short. She used to tell me that she didn't like the way I looked, that I was embarrassing and that nobody would want to know me. The majority of her opinion was influenced by my hair style, but I know that she was ashamed of how my skin looked too. :(

The whole thing messed me up to honest and it's probably still a huge influence in terms of my lack of self esteem, but it is what it is. I probably sound like I'm ripping her apart and it probably sounds like she's a really horrible person. She's not, of course. She's my Mum and I wouldn't want to be without her. She's just opinionated I suppose and she's never reserved in saying what she thinks. I'm soft I suppose, take the, "It's better to say nothing than to say something nasty" approach, so I never fought back. Felt weak, which of course just made me feel worse.

I'd like to move and am aiming to save up a bit of money to help me do so. No particular reason, it's not like I actually have to. I just think it has to be done at some point and it can only be a good move to take responsibility for yourself, find your identity and stand on your own two feet. I mean,I'm nearly 26 for goodness sake and I know that if I just stay in that comfort zone for years to come, I'll end up being some sad middle-aged bloke who takes care of his parents. There's a scary thought...

I wouldn't be able to afford to move or indeed want to move somewhere alone, so something like Spare Room could be ideal. Find a place, meet new people, new area, start living... I hadn't heard of that before so thanks for the link. I'll check it out when I finish work.

Anyway, I'll shut up now because I'm properly rambling. Thanks for the therapy session, what's the charge? :lol:

Edited by PaulH85

Still no change with my skin... Did a honey mask last night which definitely works in brightening my skin tone. Not sure about fading red marks though?

Also there is a very big painful spot coming through on my chin. A brand new one. It's very shiny and red. The one on my left cheek is also getting bigger and more painful.

Last night I popped open a vitamin E gel capsule and smothered my face in it. Holy shit that thing is thick. My face looked like an oil slick. Aaaaaand then my boyfriend came round. The things he puts up with!

Any way the vitamin E oil didn't make any difference to my skin, but at least it didn't break me out I suppose...

COME ON SKIN WHY WON'T YOU HEAL?!?!

post-135548-1308646431_thumb.jpg

post-135548-1308646431_thumb.jpg

Edited by abigailwheeler

hey , sorry I took so long =) im glad your not a picker =) I tried cutting out gluten , wheat , sugar, diary and yeast too, but didn't really notice a differnce, however I noticed a difference when I was eating less =) haha. And realistically I wasn't able to elimanate the food group for more than 2 months, it's really hard becuz my body just started craving that food.

Well this is my second water fast , I have never intentionally done it for my skin , however it it definitely makes a big diffence, I guess becuz finally the body doent hav to worry about digesting food the whole time. I am on day 2 now and my skin is looking great- it's like exra clear and soft ( my face is already problem free- but it hasnt looked this good) I just really hope I can go on till day 5- im not hungry at all physically , but I just feel like eating everytime I see food =) I would definitely reccomend you to try it! =)

well, i've been washing my face with only water since the start of the year, the first 2 week it felt I tiny bit oily ( not much) , but then it just addapts , I think it took like 2 day - and it lokked much softer and less irritated and red!! , cuz some of my old pimples were coming to head , although they healed a lot faster than they used to. So after about 2 weeks my skin was completly clear and i havent had problems since =) I also stoppes wearing makeup , cuz it really makes me break out, even if i put it on now for 10 min , i'll break out , but that can be from having to wash it off with soap aswell. Now I just have a theory that all the ingredients in face washes , creams , toner (i dont even know what they are!!) cant be good for my skin, I mean do we really need all those ingredients to sit on our skin?? we dont even kno what half of those ingrdients are... Myabe I have very sensitive skin that breaks out when I use any products , I dont know, But for the first time in years my skin is normal angain , - they way it was when I was little and then also I only used water. So I kind of went back to what worked for me as a little girl =)

@ivanna

I am really interested in this water fast. I found a book about fasting on my coffee table a few weeks ago and had a flick through. It seemed to be about only drinking water, then gradually introducing juiced veg and fruit until eventually you're back on solids. Seems like a really good idea. Please can you give me some details about your personal fast? Do you really only drink water for five days?!

I don't think I could commit to a water only method because I do wear makeup on some occasions...

I totally agree about product ingredients though, we are all causing our skin to rely on them and be more sensitive. Maybe I'll get brave and quit makeup all together so that I can properly go caveman :)

Day 21 - Three Weeks Down!

I can't believe it's already been three weeks. Especially because I've gotten through SO much of that bastard expensive clinique stuff!

Yesterday I started taking vitamin D3. I'm starting on 2000IU in the morning and another 2000IU at night. Please can someone let me know if this is a good starting point/too much/what to work up to?

OK so last night I put a lemon juice and honey mask on for an hour. Then I washed it off. Cleansed with the Clinique foaming cleanser, patted dry with a towel, exfoliated with the Clinique clarifying lotion, applied the topical Clinique gel. Waited for that to dry. Then I popped another vitamin E capsule and smothered my face in it.

THEN I came on here and saw these reviews: vitamin E reviews

Ah SHIT! It breaks you out. I hadn't even got a barrier on my skin. and it is ALL over my face.

Oh well I was way too tired to do anything about it by then so I just went to sleep with it on.

This morning, rather than having broken out, my existing spots seemed to have all come to a head. And no new spots. For now...

The weird thing is that my skin looks stretched, like cling film or burn scar. I don't know if that is just lack of moisture or what, hopefully it won't last.

I'm really hoping that the vitamin D3 will make a difference.

Also I'm definitely going to get off my ass and get to the pharmacy to pick up the perscription the derm gave me weeks ago.

Tonight I'm going to try a new mask. Egg white with lemon juice. I'd use some teatree oil as well but I don't have any yet.

Pictures taken this morning attached

Edited by abigailwheeler

My understanding is that 4000IU is fine. The capsuals I have are 2000IU, I think, so I don't see why it wouldn't be safe to take two each day. I've read posts in vitamin logs from people taking up to 10000IU of whatever supplement they're taking.

My intake is kind of sporadic, I don't always end up taking the same amounts each day, or at the same time of day. I aught to get that sorted, assume it would improve absorbtion.

Another thing is to make sure you're also getting your share of these vitamins from foods and things, and not just supplements. Your body has to work harder to process the supplements than it does food. The liver especially can become damaged from excessive supplement intake, but we'd be talking loads of different things and way above your current dosage.

You'll probably get away with the Vitamin E thing, I wouldn't worry about it just one time. I've never read reviews on it to honest and don't know anything about aplying it directly to the skin. I suppose the main thing to consider is that it's oil and you're putting it right on there. Regular application would surely clog pores, which of course is the opposite of what you want to be happening.

I'm curious, what benefits does an egg white mask have? The application of egg whites, lemon juice, honey and so on is new to me. And it's making me hungry. Whip us up a meringue while you're at it! ;)

You just reminded me, I needed to collect my prescription today but I don't have the slip. Will have to wait until tomorrow now. D'oh!

Another thing is to make sure you're also getting your share of these vitamins from foods and things, and not just supplements. Your body has to work harder to process the supplements than it does food. The liver especially can become damaged from excessive supplement intake, but we'd be talking loads of different things and way above your current dosage.

I hopefully am getting lots of extra vitamins from my new diet.

For example yesterday I had:

Brekkie

Porridge and sultanas with water

Actimel Drink

Lunch

Spinnach Leaves

Bell Pepper

Half Avocado

Mackerel Fillets

Tomatoes

Sweet Corn

Punnet Blueberries

Green Banana

Dinner

x2 Quorn Burgers

Red Lentils

Tinned Chopped Tomatoes

Brocolli

Cauliflower

Peas

And I'm eating HEAPS of it to try and not lose weight. I hope I'm not missing any important vitamins in that!

I'm curious, what benefits does an egg white mask have? The application of egg whites, lemon juice, honey and so on is new to me. And it's making me hungry. Whip us up a meringue while you're at it! ;)

I've read that egg white masks take redness down and improve skin tone and the lemon is for the bacteria killing-ness of it. Maybe I should put the E oil with that for extra moisture... Will give it a go.

You just reminded me, I needed to collect my prescription today but I don't have the slip. Will have to wait until tomorrow now. D'oh!

I've already paid for mine! Just need to collect it. SO lazy :)

Day 22

I was thinking that finally the left side of my chin was clear of acne and that it was merely the scars that I would have to deal with. Wrong again. EVERY time I think I might be clear a brand new cluster of spots come up.

Last night I noticed that THREE new spots were forming and they were going to be big ones. I felt like crying. Why why why?!?! I’ve changed my diet, I don’t wear makeup, I don’t pick, I drink my body weight in water and green tea and I literally take SEVEN different supplements a day.

Also there is one on the right side of my mouth that has been there for quite a while and just gets bigger and bigger. I keep thinking it is dying and will fall off but NOPE. It keeps coming back to life. Antichrist spot. BAH!

Anyway last night my sales meeting ran until 8 so didn’t have a chance to get to the pharmacy. Got up extra early this morning to get it. Smothered by chin in BP (2.5%), waited for it to dry then used the moisturiser which is called Cetaphil. Wow that stuff is thick. Accidentally put way too much on. Luckily it soaked in pretty well. I will find out tonight how well it works under makeup.

So…. I begin a new regimen.

Clinique Acne Solutions Foaming Cleanser

Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion

BP 2.5%

Cetaphil Moisturiser

This will be morning and night.

PLEASE work this time. I am beginning to lose my rag with this.

Edited by abigailwheeler

I have exactly same spots, and BP helped me a little bit, I am also using differin

what I recommend is using zinc and lanolin combination like sudocrem, it reduces redness of scars and irritation that BP causes, apply thin layer 5minits after your moisturizer (ofcourse you apply your moisturizer 10mins. after your bp).

Also get some stinging nettle tea it contains vitamin k that helps to heal and reduces hormones in your blood.

Edited by suferer
I have exactly same spots, and BP helped me a little bit, I am also using differin

what I recommend is using zinc and lanolin combination like sudocrem, it reduces redness of scars and irritation that BP causes, apply thin layer 5minits after your moisturizer (ofcourse you apply your moisturizer 10mins. after your bp).

Also get some stinging nettle tea it contains vitamin k that helps to heal and reduces hormones in your blood.

I've just had a proper look at the new BP that my derm perscribed and low and behold it has adapalene in it. It's 1% adapalene and 2.5% BP.

I'm off out to get some nettle tea now. What is the benefit of vitamin K? I am such a sucker for ANY vitamin on the market.

I've used sudocrem before with success for scarring. It's very thick and white so I tended just to use it at night. Haven't ever combined it with BP or used it at the END of the regimen routine so I will definitely have a go with that.

My boyfriend will be so hot for me tonight. Firstly I always take ages getting to bed with the waiting for the BP to dry before moisturising. Secondly I take B3 Niacin before bed so I am a rashy prickly red mess. And now I will have a white sudocrem beard.

Red body + white chin = santa minus the gifts. Surprise Rob!

Ah, a good old Sudocrem beard! :lol: Been there, trying to stay as still as possible and not roll over in bed so it doesn't go everywhere. :doh: Using it myself tonight actually, the right side of my face has decided to break out like crazy today. Curses!

Hope the Epiduo works for you. I don't know if you've used BP before so but if not, go easy to start with so your skin gets used to it. That's a low percentage though so that might be fine. I didn't know any better when I started out, was using like 10% or something crazy and burning my skin night after night. :rolleyes:

Type Epiduo in the search box and you'll find a few topics about it. They go back a while but that's no matter, they should give you a pretty good idea of peoples experiences.

:)