Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been using an electric razor to shave all my life, it doesnt help or hurt my acne. However, I kind of want to start shaving with a razor, and I was wondering if anybody has had improvement in their acne doing this? My reasoning would be maybe if you stimulate the hair follicles to grow more hair, there would be less of a chance for pores to be blocked? Also, it would probably be a good way to exfoliate. I pretty much have no acne inflamed acne atm, so I wouldn't be worried about irritating current pimples. Also, I would use purpose soap as a shaving cream, so it wouldn't clog my pores.

So, anybody ever heard of shaving helping to prevent acne/making skin nicer in general?

I have been using an electric razor to shave all my life, it doesnt help or hurt my acne. However, I kind of want to start shaving with a razor, and I was wondering if anybody has had improvement in their acne doing this? My reasoning would be maybe if you stimulate the hair follicles to grow more hair, there would be less of a chance for pores to be blocked? Also, it would probably be a good way to exfoliate. I pretty much have no acne inflamed acne atm, so I wouldn't be worried about irritating current pimples. Also, I would use purpose soap as a shaving cream, so it wouldn't clog my pores.

So, anybody ever heard of shaving helping to prevent acne/making skin nicer in general?

No, it will not help. I tried it. Overall, I find the electric razor much less irritating.

hmm interesting, thanks for your input! Id be interesting to find out a few others' experiences too!

I think shaving with a razor is better. It is like exfoliating your skin.

I have acne on my neck line in the ares where I shave. My derm at first suggest I might try shaving less often if it was an option(its not) and then suggested I use an electric razor instead of a blade as its less irritating(which I already do).

Conflicted on this. I used an electric for years, never went for more than a month with a straight razor. Now I've read about the wonders of a 2-bladed razor and I have been doing trying it out for a few weeks now. As always, the jury is out. :rolleyes:

I am surprised your derm said electric was the less irritating option, though. Mine tends to pluck hairs.

Edited by Victorious D

Conflicted on this. I used an electric for years, never went for more than a month with a straight razor. Now I've read about the wonders of a 2-bladed razor and I have been doing trying it out for a few weeks now. As always, the jury is out. :rolleyes:

I am surprised your derm said electric was the less irritating option, though. Mine tends to pluck hairs.

What type of razor are you using? And when was the last time you changed the cutting head/foils?

I only ever had issues with plucking when the cutting heads were way over due for changing.