Notifications
Clear all

Tca Cross In Montreal / My Tca Cross Journey

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 06/01/2011 12:44 pm

UPDATE: DERM FOUND!

SKIP TO PAGE 2 FOR INFO AND MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE TCA CROSS METHOD!

Hi!

I've been searching for awhile and the only derm/surgeon around my area that I was able to find was Dr. Bargman, in Toronto. However, I've heard horrible things about his bedside manner and that's enough for me to X him out. There's also a clinic in Vancouver that performs the treatment, but it's extremely far from where I reside.

I know we have many Canadians on the board, so to them I ask: Any luck/recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 06/03/2011 1:24 pm

Bump.

MemberMember
(@reeja)

Posted : 06/03/2011 11:37 pm

I don't even know of any good derms in Ottawa, let alone one that does TCA cross! I don't know what's wrong with this city.

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 06/05/2011 5:43 pm

I don't even know of any good derms in Ottawa, let alone one that does TCA cross! I don't know what's wrong with this city.

lmao I can definitely relate to that.

Seems like, in Canada, Toronto and Vancouver are far more advanced, when it comes to cosmetic procedures.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/07/2011 5:49 pm

lmao I can definitely relate to that.

Seems like, in Canada, Toronto and Vancouver are far more advanced, when it comes to cosmetic procedures.

Sup marvel

im from toronto also and am looking for some one to do tca cross as well .

im curious tho what horrible things did u hear about that doc u mentioned?

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 06/08/2011 1:46 pm

@no_hope: Like I said: It's his bedside manner.

Run a search on these boards and on www.ratemds.com, for details.

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 06/10/2011 12:55 pm

Wow. Guess Toronto, it is lmao.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/10/2011 8:11 pm

I must warn u do research before u go to any one from toronto. alot of bad reputation down here...

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 06/11/2011 3:38 pm

I must warn u do research before u go to any one from toronto. alot of bad reputation down here...

As previously mentioned, the only derm/surgeon I know, in Toronto, who practices the CROSS method, is Dr. Bargman, whom I've obviously been trying to avoid, but it seems like he is the only one who performs this treatment, near my city. 🙁

It was humor; as in, I'm slowly beginning to give up lol.

MemberMember
(@hope2011)

Posted : 06/12/2011 9:54 pm

I'm from Toronto as well and am looking into getting this done - seriously, there is no one else that practices this? I did a google search and apparently Dr.Betty Chan (I go to her for another treatment) had TCA cross mentioned on her website. I won't be seeing her for another month or so since i'm not in town so I can't ask her if they practice it but one of you may want to look into it if you want to see someone soon. Keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 06/12/2011 10:58 pm

I'm from Toronto as well and am looking into getting this done - seriously, there is no one else that practices this? I did a google search and apparently Dr.Betty Chan (I go to her for another treatment) had TCA cross mentioned on her website. I won't be seeing her for another month or so since i'm not in town so I can't ask her if they practice it but one of you may want to look into it if you want to see someone soon. Keep us posted!

By website, are you referring to the Baywood Clinic? Because, I contacted them, a few months ago; I was then told by Dr. John Keller that no doctor practices the TCA CROSS there and he then referred me to *drum roll* Dr. Bargman - much to my chagrin.

I do not know of any derm/surgeon in Toronto who performs this treatment, other than Dr. Bargman. I've been searching for years. However, if you ever do bring it up the next time you visit Dr. Chan, feel free to let us know what she said. 🙂

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 06/16/2011 1:11 pm

Bump.

MemberMember
(@hope2011)

Posted : 06/16/2011 1:19 pm

Yeah I saw both Dr. Keller and Dr. Chan in the last few weeks. I think in my situation all the dermas are recommending I get rid of the redness of the scars first before trying any treatment so it will be a long time until I find the right doctor. I'm thinking of even flying to the states to get it done - IF that is the right procedure for me. There are a few other doctors in Toronto that you may want to go see, i think they offer free consultations and do a variety of treatments. Go to real self (google it) and then you can find a number of plastic surgeons and other doctors in Toronot that deal with acne treatments - not sure if they do TCA though but it's worth checking them out. Do post back if you do. I plan on seeing them in August when i'm back in Toronto myself.

MemberMember
(@getridofmyscars)

Posted : 06/17/2011 7:24 pm

What about in Calgary? Does anyone know who performs them as well?

MemberMember
(@reeja)

Posted : 06/18/2011 4:17 pm

So who are the best derms in Toronto? I'm from Ottawa, but I don't mind traveling to TO since there is a definite lack of derms in Ottawa.

Why is it that so few doctors practice TCA cross? Is it considered dangerous. I have some really small ice pick scars that I thought might benefit from this treatment.

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 06/21/2011 8:42 pm

Yeah I saw both Dr. Keller and Dr. Chan in the last few weeks. I think in my situation all the dermas are recommending I get rid of the redness of the scars first before trying any treatment so it will be a long time until I find the right doctor. I'm thinking of even flying to the states to get it done - IF that is the right procedure for me. There are a few other doctors in Toronto that you may want to go see, i think they offer free consultations and do a variety of treatments. Go to real self (google it) and then you can find a number of plastic surgeons and other doctors in Toronot that deal with acne treatments - not sure if they do TCA though but it's worth checking them out. Do post back if you do. I plan on seeing them in August when i'm back in Toronto myself.

I don't need to travel to Toronto, for that. But, thank you for your reply.

So who are the best derms in Toronto? I'm from Ottawa, but I don't mind traveling to TO since there is a definite lack of derms in Ottawa.

Why is it that so few doctors practice TCA cross? Is it considered dangerous. I have some really small ice pick scars that I thought might benefit from this treatment.

From my personal experience, I've come to the conclusion that not many know about it.

MemberMember
(@the-caked-crusader)

Posted : 06/30/2011 5:06 pm

Bump.

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/06/2011 1:50 pm

Bump.

Hello Marvel)

I'm from Montreal, and i'm trying to find the doc over here to make TCA and also i'm interesting in trying scar scalpel excision. I was told that Dr. Khanna provide this services. But i didn't visit him yet.

Did you visit ant derm/surgeon in Montreal?

MemberMember
(@brawn)

Posted : 07/06/2011 2:13 pm

i think that not many derms/surgeons know about tca cross, and those that do don't bother doing it because it's so.. "easy"

i actually go to a nurse to have it done

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/06/2011 2:20 pm

Bump.

Also, seems that Doctor Chen Lee makes tca cross

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/06/2011 2:22 pm

i think that not many derms/surgeons know about tca cross, and those that do don't bother doing it because it's so.. "easy"

i actually go to a nurse to have it done

Brawn, so you did TCA cross already? And how the results? Where did you do it?

MemberMember
(@brawn)

Posted : 07/06/2011 2:56 pm

i go to a plastic surgery center but have the procedure done by a nurse there

tca cross improved my shallow scars considerably, my scars were approximately 70% better after approximately 7-8 tca cross treatments. i have since stopped and they are still getting better with time, i would say that they are approximately 75-80% better now. the first treatment improved my scars by approximately 50%

search google for "tca cross (insert your city)" and look for website addresses that look like they belong to clinics

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/06/2011 5:46 pm

tca cross improved my shallow scars considerably, my scars were approximately 70% better after approximately 7-8 tca cross treatments. i have since stopped and they are still getting better with time, i would say that they are approximately 75-80% better now. the first treatment improved my scars by approximately 50%

search google for "tca cross (insert your city)" and look for website addresses that look like they belong to clinics

O! That's sound like a really good improvement 80% it's more than i can dream about! For which period did you make your 8 treatments? I'm trying to find smth around Canada, Montreal, and it seems, that nobody does this treatment, smth really wrong with this town, so i'm ready to travel in order to improve my scars. Which type of skin do you have btw? Can you share the link of you surgery center where you did tca?)

MemberMember
(@brolia)

Posted : 07/06/2011 5:49 pm

Is it that center you spoke about? in Calgary?

MemberMember
(@getridofmyscars)

Posted : 07/06/2011 8:21 pm

Brawn, do you live in Calgary? If so, which center do you go to to have TCA CROSS?