Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
One Summer's Day

HAIR growing on my face?! HELP!

Hi there,

I'm a 17 year old girl and I've been on the regimen for just over three weeks now. My acne has undoubtedly cleared up very well; there are pretty much only scars left on my face now and I'm getting few to no breakouts, which I am very happy about and it has helped my confidence a lot. However I noticed today that my face has become overly HAIRY?! Which is majorly freaking me out! It's mainly on the sides of m face, but like, there are loads of really light, quite long, to me noticable hairs?! Which I am sure I did not have before I started the regimen! I'm wondering if this is the after effect of BP bleaching my facial hairs and making them unaturally light? Has anyone else noticed this? I'm wondering if I should leave that area alone as I didn't have acne on it in the first place and now just begin to spot-treat areas. I know that's not the way you're meant to do it, but I only had light acne on my chin and inner cheeks to begin with. Reeeeally hope this is just a temporary thing :(

I noticed this as well. I just assumed the BP was bleaching the hairs and making them reflect light more or something. It's freaking annoying. I wish it would go away! But I doubt it will. I've been on the regimen for 4 months now.

Le sigh. Anyone have a solution other than, you know, waxing my face? Kinda prefer not to do that.

ahhh so glad i found this! this happened to me too. i never thought about the whole "bleaching" thing, i thought the bp just made hair grow on my face! it got soo bad for me, and i resorted to electrolysis. so far i've spent around 1000 dollars and will be spending much more to complete treatment.. vanityy, DONT wax your face, thats the worst thing you can do. when you wax an area, it tears out the hair follicle and makes it grow back stronger, darker, coarser then before :( .. you could either just leave it, or shave/clip the hairs (contrary to popular belief, shaving does NOT change the hair in any way since it leaves the follicle intact) .. also, dont get tricked into "laser hair removal" as it doesn't do a thing for light hair, in fact, it can stimulate hair growths (there were a lot of reports on this). the only permanent way to get rid of these hairs would be electrolysis. of course you can't get rid of ever single hair since that would take years and years and like 10 grand lol, but they can thin out the area and make it look more natural, ie how it was before.

Guest Timehealsall
ahhh so glad i found this! this happened to me too. i never thought about the whole "bleaching" thing, i thought the bp just made hair grow on my face! it got soo bad for me, and i resorted to electrolysis. so far i've spent around 1000 dollars and will be spending much more to complete treatment.. vanityy, DONT wax your face, thats the worst thing you can do. when you wax an area, it tears out the hair follicle and makes it grow back stronger, darker, coarser then before :( .. you could either just leave it, or shave/clip the hairs (contrary to popular belief, shaving does NOT change the hair in any way since it leaves the follicle intact) .. also, dont get tricked into "laser hair removal" as it doesn't do a thing for light hair, in fact, it can stimulate hair growths (there were a lot of reports on this). the only permanent way to get rid of these hairs would be electrolysis. of course you can't get rid of ever single hair since that would take years and years and like 10 grand lol, but they can thin out the area and make it look more natural, ie how it was before.

tbh, ive seen a good amount of girls with a "peach fuzz" on their face... and i think it looks sexy

Guest ryan.1233

tbh, ive seen a good amount of girls with a "peach fuzz" on their face... and i think it looks sexy

what the hell

This is weird, about a week ago I noticed that the hair on my face noticeable (especially in the sun), even the hairs which come out of my pores. Of course, I have become very conscious about this. I decided to order Bellabe Facial Hair Remover (http://www.facialhairthreading.com/) and give it a whirl to remove some of the hair - hopefully comes next week! I'll test it out for some of you guys and tell you how it goes; I'm going to test it in a small area first in case of any weird reaction of course. I never really linked the noticeable hairyness to the Regimen until reading this post now. I don't want to choose between having a hairy face and acne! Haha

Edited by heatherawr

I've been on the regimen for 7 months now and I started noticing "extra" facial hair about 2 months ago. I put extra in quotes because I think, for me, I can chalk this up to a few things:

-My acne is very much related to hormones, so I suppose there is a slight chance that there is actually some extra hair growth, but I really think it's the following:

-I think the BP lightening is the hair I already had on my face and making it more noticeable.

-I also think I've been scrutinizing my face SO much for the last 9 months or so that as my skin cleared up I just started noticing hair that had always been there.

-I was never much of a makeup girl prior to having skin issues and some of the techniques I've tried, especially with liquid foundation + BP + lotion, do interesting things over hair.

I tried trimming some of it with small nail scissors, but there wasn't even enough to get a hold of, which leads me to believe there hasn't been much of a change in amount after all.

Interesting other people have had similar issues, I thought I was alone in this haha.

This is another prefect example of why people shouldn't be using these harmful products on their skin. Do you really want to be putting something on your face that changes the color of your hair? Let alone is that really safe for your skin? You've only been on the regimen for 3 weeks so you can still quit with little to no side-effects. Go the all natural way and start washing your face with water! Trust me, you won't be sorry. Click on my signature if your interested in trying the 100% free water regimen.

Edited by reality

This is another prefect example of why people shouldn't be using these harmful products on their skin. Do you really want to be putting something on your face that changes the color of your hair? Let alone is that really safe for your skin? You've only been on the regimen for 3 weeks so you can still quit with little to no side-effects. Go the all natural way and start washing your face with water! Trust me, you won't be sorry. Click on my signature if your interested in trying the 100% free water regimen.

Yeah, I'll take something that bleaches my hair if it clears my skin. Water doesn't clean by itself. Would you wash your body with just water? No? Then why would you wash the bacteria off your face with just water? Gross.

I don't understand why there are so many naysayers to Dan's regimen on these boards, continuously perpetuating a stereotype that is nothing more than an unproven rumor. Benzoyl Peroxide has been tested to be SAFE AND EFFECTIVE and has worked for countless people to clear their acne. Plus, Dan has been using large quantities of it for what? 10 years or more? His skin looks perfectly healthy to me!

Yeah, I'll take something that bleaches my hair if it clears my skin. Water doesn't clean by itself. Would you wash your body with just water? No? Then why would you wash the bacteria off your face with just water? Gross.

I don't understand why there are so many naysayers to Dan's regimen on these boards, continuously perpetuating a stereotype that is nothing more than an unproven rumor. Benzoyl Peroxide has been tested to be SAFE AND EFFECTIVE and has worked for countless people to clear their acne. Plus, Dan has been using large quantities of it for what? 10 years or more? His skin looks perfectly healthy to me!

In fact I have been washing my body with nothing but water. It's a more natural approach and it trains your body to clean itself. If you train your body and let it do it's thing it will! It truly is amazing and doesn't need cleansers, shampoo's, and soaps.

What did humans use hundreds of years ago? The answer is nothing. Did they get acne? NOPE.

Some individuals, like me, stick around to help others. I just try and pass the word along before people come to this website and start the endless ERA of acne products. Because when they do start those products, most of the time, their acne will just become worse and worse. Instead of me explaining everything please redirect yourself to the thread.

And I'm not even going to talk about how BP is proven safe and effective. It increases the risk of cancer, increases your skins sensitivity to the sun, and ect. Do as you wish.

Edited by reality

...What did humans use hundreds of years ago? The answer is nothing. Did they get acne? NOPE...

I am curious to know how you know this.

This is weird, about a week ago I noticed that the hair on my face noticeable (especially in the sun), even the hairs which come out of my pores. Of course, I have become very conscious about this. I decided to order Bellabe Facial Hair Remover (http://www.facialhairthreading.com/) and give it a whirl to remove some of the hair - hopefully comes next week! I'll test it out for some of you guys and tell you how it goes; I'm going to test it in a small area first in case of any weird reaction of course. I never really linked the noticeable hairyness to the Regimen until reading this post now. I don't want to choose between having a hairy face and acne! Haha

from the site .. "Regular use of Bellabe may result in finer facial hair regrowth as hair is removed from the roots''

this is false and goes against all of the research you will find on the internet\if you speak to a dermatologist or electrologist. your Bellabe will be a good quick fix, but the hair will come back darker, coarser. and more noticeable and you will have to keep ''threading'' forever. just letting you know.

from the site .. "Regular use of Bellabe may result in finer facial hair regrowth as hair is removed from the roots''

this is false and goes against all of the research you will find on the internet\if you speak to a dermatologist or electrologist. your Bellabe will be a good quick fix, but the hair will come back darker, coarser. and more noticeable and you will have to keep ''threading'' forever. just letting you know.

I am not sure where you are getting your info, perhaps you should post it. But, from all that *I* have read on the internet and heard from people who have waxed for decades the hair does NOT grow back darker, coarser, etc. and after repeated waxings over a long time will actually grow back finer and sparser.