Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lubeguy

To steam or not steam?

Any word on whether steam treatments are good or bad? I've heard that steaming opens your pores and gets all the acne causing dirt and bacteria to the surface where it can be washed off. On the other hand, I've also heard and read that hot treatments like this can irritate your skin, making acne worse. Who is right?

I used to use a facial sauna (is that what you're talking about?) quite often but stopped because it seemed to me that my face got way too oily when I'd use it, and I really don't like that feeling. Also it didn't do anything for me as far as clearing my skin, so there wasn't any reason to keep doing it.

However, facial saunas are great when you have a cold. tongue.gif

I will never go to suanas for rest of my life thats for sure. the last time I went there in my gym there was this guy who had terrible cough and guess what next day I had this worst Chest Viral infection of the century. I was coughing non stop of I dunno many many days. they had to give me some injections to stop the cough. it was terrible. And by the way I went there to clear my face LOL